Liverail Unveils Real-Time Bidding for Video Ad Pods
SAN FRANCISCO, October 21, 2013 (ADOTAS) – LiveRail, the leading video monetization platform for publishers, today announced the support and availability of the industry’s first RTB-based Pod management, giving publishers the ability to traffic more than one video ad in a sequenced group, similar to a TV commercial break, programmatically.
With this game-changing offering, LiveRail is empowering premium publishers with the ability to create more impressions without needing to increase the number of viewers or content streams played. This also creates more pricing and placement options for advertisers.
“Introducing Pods programmatically at scale represents a natural, logical progression for the industry,” said Mark Trefgarne (pictured), Co-Founder and CEO, LiveRail. “Both publishers and advertisers need proven technology that allows them to measure ad effectiveness as well as adapt to changes in pricing and delivery models and our new Pod feature offers a clear opportunity for both demand and supply-side providers.”
Unlike any other Pod technology, LiveRail allows publishers to replicate TV-like ad behavior and ad rates by conducting multiple real-time bidding auctions, across multiple third-party buyers, to fill one single request based on the Pod’s time duration (2 minutes) or slots (4 commercials/ads) while also managing brand and sales channel conflicts in the milliseconds before the first ad is served. This is especially important to publishers with long form content.
Recent reports revealed that mid-roll video ads, which are more like a traditional TV commercial break, were the most engaging ad format, easily outperforming completion rates of pre-rolls and post-rolls. With an 87% completion rate, mid-rolls performed close to 30% better than pre-rolls. All of this suggests that viewers are engaged by a more TV-like ad experience.
LiveRail’s new RTB-Pod feature will make the most impact on the video advertising ecosystem by allowing publishers to segment and set price floors by pod position. Buyers can bid for each position in the pod depending on if it’s the first, last or intermediary slot. As a result, CPM prices will begin to converge on the market rates for pod positions, similar to broadcast TV commercials, bridging the traditional TV ad buying model with the advanced capabilities of programmatic video.
LiveRail is the leading publisher monetization platform for video with more than 3bn impressions (25% of all online video ads) delivered via its platform each month and more than 1.7bn ads served in April 2013 alone according to comScore. LiveRail provides premium publishers with the technology and services to sell their video inventory smarter and safer, across all devices. Recently recognized by Digiday Publishing Awards as the Best Monetization Technology for a Publisher, LiveRail is used by hundreds of major publishers who benefit from sophisticated analytics, advanced controls and unparalleled transparency ultimately generating maximum yield for every ad impression.
Founded in 2007, LiveRail’s senior team is led by its founders, Mark Trefgarne (CEO) and Andrei Dunca (CTO). LiveRail Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices in New York, New York, London, England and Cluj-Napoca, Romania. LiveRail is backed by Pond Ventures. For more information visit: www.liverail.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial