Francisco Partners Acquires Avangate
REDWOOD CITY and SAN FRANCISCIO, CALIF., -October 07, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Francisco Partners, a global technology-focused private equity firm, today announced it has acquired Avangate, the leader in customer-centric commerce with over 3,000 customers across more than 100 countries. Avangate provides a complete commerce solution enabling Software, SaaS and Cloud Services companies to increase their online sales, manage subscription billing, grow their reseller and affiliate distribution networks and reach new global markets. The additional investment from the deal will enable Avangate to expand product development and execute on its vision of delivering customer-centric commerce.
“The explosion of customer touch points has shifted buyer behavior at both traditional B2C and B2B companies and is driving the need for organizations to rethink their commerce solutions,” said Avangate CEO Carl Theobald. ”We’re calling this shift in the market ‘Business-to-individual’ or ‘B2i’, which requires new customer-centric commerce solutions that can support rapid experimentation of product promotions, purchase paths, payment methods and new business models. With Francisco Partners we have found an investment partner that shares our customer-centric vision. Their investment and support further accelerates Avangate’s vision to be a high growth public company, as well as opens a variety of additional market options.”
Avangate powers commerce for thousands of Fortune 500, enterprise and SMB companies and has received numerous industry accolades, such as the CODiE Award for “Best eCommerce and Billing Solution”, the Red Herring Top 100 Award for Most Innovative Companies, and Gartner’s recognition as “Cool Vendor in E-Commerce, 2013.”
“We are excited about Avangate’s leadership position at the convergence of digital goods commerce and subscription billing and look forward to working with the Avangate team to continue its rapid growth,” said My Le Nguyen, principal at Francisco Partners. ”Speed is the new competitive differentiation and by giving companies a commerce platform to quickly introduce, test and optimize new business models across customer touch points, Avangate is leading the way in providing solutions for the next generation of commerce.”
Avangate was advised by Pagemill Partners and Francisco Partners was advised by Navidar Group LLC. Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP acted as legal advisor to Avangate and Shearman & Sterling LLP acted as legal advisor to Francisco Partners. The financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
About Francisco Partners
Francisco Partners is a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology companies. Since its launch over a decade ago, FP has raised approximately $7 billion and invested in more than 100 technology companies, making it one of the most active investors in the industry. The firm invests in transaction values ranging from $50 million to over $2 billion, where the firm’s deep sub-sector knowledge and operational expertise can help a company realize its full potential. For further information, please visit: www.franciscopartners.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- RealityMine Acquires USA TouchPoints December 5th 2013 MANCHESTER, U.K., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) — RealityMine, a leading [...] more »
- Sprint and DigitasLBi Develop First-of-its-Kind Gesture-Based Retail Experience December 5th 2013 CHICAGO, December 05, 2013 (ADOTAS) — DigitasLBi, a global marketing [...] more »
- The Exchange Lab Secures $8 Million in Growth Capital Funding From BGF December 5th 2013 LONDON, NEW YORK & TORONTO, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The [...] more »
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves December 4th 2013 FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) -– Zimmerman Advertising [...] more »
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig