Fiksu Indexes: Mobile App Marketing Costs Hit Record High in August
BOSTON, Oct. 1, 2013 – Fiksu, Inc. (www.fiksu.com), developer of the award-winning Fiksu Mobile App Marketing Platform, today published its latest Fiksu Indexes, which indicate the cost to acquire loyal users reached the highest level ever recorded in August at $1.90.
The Fiksu Cost per Loyal User Index increased by six percent in August, or 10 cents, to $1.90 from July’s $1.80, driven by two main factors. First, big brands are saturating the market spending ever-increasing budgets on mobile to cost-effectively acquire loyal users. Second, marketers are starting to make headway with holiday planning, applying their Q3 budgets to test different mobile marketing strategies before the big rush in Q4 when costs will likely rise further, as seen in previous years.
The Fiksu App Store Competitive Index (which measures the average aggregate daily download volume of the top 200 free U.S. iPhone apps) saw a two percent bump to 5.9 million daily downloads in August from July’s 5.8 million. While the month over month change is minimal, this represents a 46 percent year-over-year increase from August 2012, underscoring both the explosion of app usage and the reason big brand advertisers are continuing to increasing their mobile spend.
“Mobile is where marketers are competing today, especially as big brands and Madison Avenue get on board in the quest to reach consumers where they are most: on mobile,” said Micah Adler (pictured), Fiksu CEO. “With marketing costs at a record high, and only likely to grow as the holidays approach, now is the time for mobile marketers to hone their campaign strategies – before the real competition starts.”
The Fiksu Indexes measure monthly fluctuations in competition for rank in the Apple App Store and the cost to acquire loyal users1, helping mobile app marketers benchmark their performance against industry trends.
For Fiksu’s full analysis, visit http://www.fiksu.com/resources/fiksu-indexes#analysis.
Fiksu has accumulated more than 161 billion app actions including launches, registrations, and in-app purchases, as well as massive amounts of data from real-time bidding requests and mobile advertising networks. This data is used to drive real-time optimization of ad campaigns, to help app developers acquire large volumes of loyal users at very efficient costs. Additionally, the company has driven more than 1 billion app downloads for its customers.
Fiksu, Inc. helps leading brands optimize their iOS and Android mobile app marketing campaigns and secure large volumes of loyal users. The company’s flagship platform, Fiksu® Mobile App Marketing Platform, spans the entire mobile ecosystem providing the most cost-effective, predictable and intelligent mobile advertising solution, slashing user acquisition costs and ensuring sustained user engagement. Additionally, Fiksu offers FreeMyApps®, an app discovery platform where users are rewarded. Based in Boston, Mass., Fiksu is venture-backed by Qualcomm Ventures and Charles River Ventures. More at www.fiksu.com, @Fiksu and on the Fiksu blog.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and