DoubleVerify Announces Comprehensive Bot Fraud Solution
Protects Brand Advertisers from Phony Web Traffic
Blocking Bots at the Source
NEW YORK, October 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – DoubleVerify, the technology leader in providing MRC-accredited transparency and accountability solutions for digital advertising, today announced the launch of DVBot Fraud Protection – an important advancement to safeguard brand advertisers and their inventory suppliers against phony web traffic across display and video platforms. DV Bot Fraud Protection is engineered to detect non-human browser traffic and stop bot impression fraud at the source.
DV Bot Fraud Protection utilizes proprietary technologies to evaluate hundreds of data points in order to pinpoint specific browsers with patterns of irregular non-human traffic behavior. That information is analyzed and integrated into the DV Fraud Protection platform to safeguard brand advertisers in 2 ways:
1. Avoiding Fraudulent Websites
Websites with significant levels of non-human traffic are flagged and analyzed for suspected impression fraud. Questionable domains are eliminated from upfront digital media plans, in-flight campaigns or real-time ad exchanges, based on an advertiser’s particular strategy.
2. Blocking Fraudulent Impressions
Individual ad impressions to an identified non-human browser are pre-emptively blocked in real time. This ensures that an advertiser will reject delivering an impression to a bot-controlled browser on any website or inventory provider.
“Phony bot traffic is costing the industry millions of dollars a day in wasted impressions, false clicks and fake registrations,” said Wayne Gattinella, CEO and President of DoubleVerify. “Delivering accountable performance in a brand-safe environment is critical and at DV, eliminating fraud is one of our most important initiatives to building a better industry.”
DV Bot Fraud Protection is the newest addition to the company’s broader Fraud Protection solutions that target copyright infringement, impression laundering and hidden ads. DV Fraud Protection is an important part of the DV Impression Quality suite of services that evaluate the quality and effectiveness of each impression in a digital ad campaign. DV Impression Quality solutions maximize performance across five critical dimensions – ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, impression delivery and ad prominence – that give brand advertisers and media sellers a comprehensive view of the quality and effectiveness of their digital media campaigns. DV Impression Quality solutions have been fully accredited by the Media Ratings Council (MRC).
To learn more about DV Impression Quality solutions, visit doubleverify.com.
DV is the proven market innovator with the technology and insights that assure brand performance and effectiveness for the world’s largest advertisers online. DV solutions create value for media buyers and sellers by bringing transparency and accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial