Case Study: Rocket Fuel Turbocharges Subaru’s Dealer Interaction Rate 84 Percent
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., October 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rocket Fuel Inc. (NASDAQ: FUEL), a leading artificial intelligence (AI)-powered programmatic media-buying platform for digital marketers, today announced the results of an innovative advertising initiative for Subaru of America Inc. Rocket Fuel’s autonomous technology drove significant uplift in dealer interaction to customers, providing an 84 percent higher conversion rate lift versus those not exposed to Subaru advertising.
While traditional advertising seeks to identify and expose audiences that are most likely to convert, this program took an innovative approach to reach those that conventional marketing might miss. For the first time, advertising was specifically directed to car shoppers who were not initially considering Subaru.
“We worked closely with Subaru and Carmichael Lynch to determine not only the most relevant potential customers to reach, but also when and where to reach them for maximum results,” said George John (pictured), CEO of Rocket Fuel. ”Our platform performs autonomously, without any human intervention, to deliver the right ads to the right people at the right time. We were able to quickly identify the correct audience and successfully converted individuals who were not initially considering Subaru.”
“Uplift-based optimization maximizes impact by showing ads to only those people who will be influenced by them and take meaningful action after exposure,” said Brandon Miller, Senior Engagement Strategist at Carmichael Lynch. “This methodology is in contrast to traditional approaches that show ads to people based on their absolute propensity to ‘convert’ (vs. convert and interact after ad exposure). Most ad-tech companies simply measure lift. With Rocket Fuel, we’re focused on uplift optimization to drive incremental dealer interactions.”
In 2013, Subaru and ad agency Carmichael Lynch needed a digital advertising solution that would reach individuals who were not initially considering Subaru. Subaru partnered with Rocket Fuel for its AI and Big Data-driven platform, which maximized impact by showing ads only to audiences that would take meaningful action after ad exposure. Rocket Fuel’s AI technology sifted through a multitude of data to identify which signals were positively predictive, negatively predictive or neutral, resulting in a smarter and more focused program. Rocket Fuel optimized ads in real-time to audiences who could drive the most incremental uplift. This methodology differs from traditional approaches by identifying and exposing audiences that would be the most likely to interact, while simultaneously decreasing exposure to loyalists.
The results: Car buyers who interacted with a dealer because they were exposed to ads placed by Rocket Fuel had an 84% higher conversion rate lift versus those not exposed to an ad. Middle-income consumers between the ages of 25-44 drove the most uplift in incremental dealer interactions. Advertisements shown during core working hours drove the most efficient conversions. And consumers in the southern half of the country were more likely to be new Subaru customers.
About Rocket Fuel Inc.
Rocket Fuel delivers a leading programmatic media-buying platform at big data scale designed to use the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI in digital media across web, mobile, video, and social channels. Customers across North America, Europe and Japan use Rocket Fuel to run digital advertising programs globally. Rocket Fuel’s Advertising That Learns® platform is used to achieve measurable business goals across a diverse array of campaigns across web, mobile, social and video channels; brand and direct response objectives, and diverse industries from luxury cars to groceries. Rocket Fuel currently operates in 19 offices worldwide including New York, London, Paris, and Hamburg.
Can we see the data? How was this actually measured?
Leave a Comment
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Native has become [...] more »
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery December 4th 2013 DURHAM, NC, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Appia, the leading mobile user [...] more »
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM December 4th 2013 Kitara Media Acquires Top Health Video Site HealthGuru.com from Kitara [...] more »
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising December 4th 2013 EMERYVILLE, Calif., December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, TubeMogul was [...] more »
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’ December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the year’s most anticipated films, “Ender’s [...] more »
- LiveRail Touts $100 Million Run Rate, Preps for IPO in 2014 December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — The demand for programmatic advertising has exploded, with [...] more »
- Infographic: Branded Video Sharing Almost 50X Higher In 2013 Than In 2006 December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — The sharing of [...] more »
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results December 2nd 2013
- Disappointing Black Friday Sales? It’s Not Too Late to Profit from the Holidays December 2nd 2013
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Content Marketer
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig
- Gamers Gain Elite Status with Cadillac Campaign | Raldo Loijens: [...] a push to brand the elite gamers as Cadillac Elite. Cadillac Elite is being
- David: I hope my SEO-customers with semi-big brands do not read this - they might be