As Digital Media Trends Drive Engagement, Targeted Marketing Provides Versatile Solutions
ADOTAS – To provide customers with an ideal wired experience, marketers are looking far beyond just gender and age to consider local geography, device usage, search history and even online buying habits as they develop new digital media approaches for 2014.
“Today’s digital media landscape remains dynamic because of evolving technology and changing customer preferences,” said Kristi Allen, brand strategy and communications director for Ctrl Alt Delete. “Now more than ever, customers are demanding relevant content when exploring the internet.”
The global percentage of internet users reached 38.8 percent in 2013, showing a steady increase of participants with a 29.1 percent increase in the last ten years. Forecasts show that in 2017 there will be about 3.6 million internet users, in other words, 48 percent of the projected world population by that date.
Targeted marketing is recognized as smart marketing, as it signifies that marketers know the specific needs of the audience they’re intending to reach. The rise of internet users suggests an even deeper need for a focused digital media approach; making the pricing and promotion of products and services more cost-effective for marketers and clients alike.
“These days, for a brand to be found online, it’s required that the content be relevant for the internet user who’s requesting it; whether it’s a video, an advertisement, or an article,” said Allen. “In my mind, compelling and relatable content drives customers to engage with a brand. Lucky for marketers, there are creative communication agencies available to meet the need and an array of online vehicles to use.”
Online customer engagement can be enhanced through the use of multiple, versatile vehicles, including:
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC): PPC, simplified, is a system where keywords and phrases relevant to a specific audience and a business’ product/services are bid on through a search engine service. Based on the amount bid, quality score and other factors, PPC ads will appear at the top or side of the search page and will be visible to the internet user searching.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is a method of strategies, techniques and tactics used to help increase the number of visitors to a website by achieving a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine; i.e. Bing, Yahoo, Google, and others.
- Content Marketing: The art of curating relevant material into an infographic, an article, a blog post, a whitepaper, a video, etc., in an effort to attract and engage with a specific target audience.
- Video Production: According to comScore, in July 2013, “86.6 percent of the U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.” Videos can be great outlets for factory tours, education, product launches, advertisements, and informational/trainings to name a few.
- Mobile Website Design – It’s in the best interest of a business to host and share a website design that is not only pleasing on the eye, but is also functional. Traffic share is predicted to grow 66 percent CAGR from 2012 through 2017 due to device usage of smartphones, laptops, tablets, and others.
- Mobile Applications (Apps): iPhone, Android, and iPad mobile applications are a great way to reach the growing market of mobile consumers. The key benefits for businesses to create a mobile app are customer service, promotion, engagement and social sharing.
“These vehicles all serve unique purposes, yet they all translate into the same end goal to increase customer engagement and brand awareness,” Allen said. “Ultimately, the closer the customer connection the deeper the brand loyalty.”
- Pingback from Determining your target market | hits1000
- Pingback from In the News: As Digital Media Trends Drive Engagement, Targeted Marketing Provides Versatile Solutions - Ctrl Alt Delete
Leave a Comment
- The Biggest Challenges in Programmatic Advertising
- AI-Based, Self-Optimizing Consumer Marketing: Good for marketers, not for politics
- It’s That Time of Year: A Mobile Ad Guide to Capturing Holiday Dollars
- Ad Tech’s Next Steps: 7 Intriguing Predictions for 2017
- Horizontal or Vertical? How branding value is amplified or compromised using different mobile video ad formats