Adrian Grenier’s SHFT & BBMG Launch Branded Content Offering
AUSTIN, October 7, 2013 (ADOTAS) – As the SXSW Eco conference gets under way today, BBMG and SHFT are joining forces to announce a new branded content offering for organizations aiming to reach and engage Aspirational Consumers, a fast-growing consumer segment that cares about looking good, feeling good and doing good.
Combining BBMG’s consumer insights and brand-building expertise with SHFT’s creative and production capacity and the SHFT.com lifestyle platform, the partnership offers a powerful new approach to developing and delivering original branded content designed to disrupt and delight. The new initiative launches with an impressive roster of client partners, including Sprint and Recyclebank.
“Culturally, sustainability is reaching a tipping point as it shifts from obligation to desire, from doing the right thing to doing the cool thing,” said Mitch Baranowski, co-founder and chief creative officer of BBMG. “Both SHFT and BBMG are predicated on the idea that the sustainable imperative is good for business.”
“What’s great about this partnership is that it leverages BBMG’s strategic experience with SHFT’s consumer-facing brand to create game-changing programming that will help forward-thinking brands reach and engage their audiences in bold new ways,” added SHFT co-founder and film producer, Peter Glatzer.
“With SHFT.com we’ve always maintained that our content needs to be authentic, entertaining and inspiring,” said Adrian Grenier (pictured), actor-filmmaker and SHFT co-founder. “It can’t be didactic or altruistic. And in today’s mobile, multi-screen universe where TV consumption is on a real decline, content has to show up in new formats where this consumer lives, works and plays. Working with BBMG, we’ll create content that is shareable and fun.”
What distinguishes this new offering?
- Brand-driven: No content for content’s sake. All concepts and programming ideas are designed to extend the brand in authentic and meaningful ways.
- Consumer-driven: All concepts leverage BBMG’s proprietary consumer insights and SHFT’s original content platform to entertain and delight a brand’s target audiences.
- Original and Multi-platform: Whether scripted narratives, feature-length or short documentary series, all content is designed to be original and portable across channels (mobile, digital, broadcast), leveraging the team’s unique relationships with A-list talent, studios, production companies and technology firms.
“It’s a new era of content creation and content marketing,” said Baranowski. “By listening and co-creating with aspirational consumers, by using the brand to generate authentic concepts and by leveraging the SHFT.com platform, we’ll be able to help our client partners increase their engagement rates, improve their core brand equities and move the cultural needle a notch forward.”
Founded in 2003, New York-based BBMG is a globally recognized brand innovation firm dedicated to creating disruptive business solutions and delightful brand experiences that help clients drive revenue and positive social impact. By integrating branding with sustainability expertise and innovation strategies, BBMG helps organizations identify growth opportunities, forge new markets, create new brands and drive real culture change. Recent clients include adidas, Earthbound Farm, eBay, Eileen Fisher, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal Paris, MillerCoors, NBCUniversal, Ocean Conservancy, Samsung, Seventh Generation and Target. For more background and a copy of the firm’s latest research report, Rethinking Consumption: Consumers and the Future of Sustainability, please visit http://www.bbmg.com/
SHFT is a lifestyle platform that lives both online and off line. Its mission is to nudge sustainable ideas and designs into pop culture, and to provide context for an inspiring, modern, sustainable way of life. Founded in December 2009 by film producer Peter Glatzer and actor-filmmaker Adrian Grenier, it is a mainstream brand that uses creative content – film, art, design and food – to engage its audience and shift the culture in the inevitable direction of sustainability. Since its inception,SHFT.COM has attracted a dedicated following, an arsenal of original and aggregated content, and a growing list of corporate partners including: the Ford Motor Company, AOL/Huffington Post, Virgin America, Stonyfield Farm, The W Hollywood and Estée Lauder. SHFT has won two Webby Awards and has garnered a plethora of positive press. www.shft.com
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than