Adrian Grenier’s SHFT & BBMG Launch Branded Content Offering
AUSTIN, October 7, 2013 (ADOTAS) – As the SXSW Eco conference gets under way today, BBMG and SHFT are joining forces to announce a new branded content offering for organizations aiming to reach and engage Aspirational Consumers, a fast-growing consumer segment that cares about looking good, feeling good and doing good.
Combining BBMG’s consumer insights and brand-building expertise with SHFT’s creative and production capacity and the SHFT.com lifestyle platform, the partnership offers a powerful new approach to developing and delivering original branded content designed to disrupt and delight. The new initiative launches with an impressive roster of client partners, including Sprint and Recyclebank.
“Culturally, sustainability is reaching a tipping point as it shifts from obligation to desire, from doing the right thing to doing the cool thing,” said Mitch Baranowski, co-founder and chief creative officer of BBMG. “Both SHFT and BBMG are predicated on the idea that the sustainable imperative is good for business.”
“What’s great about this partnership is that it leverages BBMG’s strategic experience with SHFT’s consumer-facing brand to create game-changing programming that will help forward-thinking brands reach and engage their audiences in bold new ways,” added SHFT co-founder and film producer, Peter Glatzer.
“With SHFT.com we’ve always maintained that our content needs to be authentic, entertaining and inspiring,” said Adrian Grenier (pictured), actor-filmmaker and SHFT co-founder. “It can’t be didactic or altruistic. And in today’s mobile, multi-screen universe where TV consumption is on a real decline, content has to show up in new formats where this consumer lives, works and plays. Working with BBMG, we’ll create content that is shareable and fun.”
What distinguishes this new offering?
- Brand-driven: No content for content’s sake. All concepts and programming ideas are designed to extend the brand in authentic and meaningful ways.
- Consumer-driven: All concepts leverage BBMG’s proprietary consumer insights and SHFT’s original content platform to entertain and delight a brand’s target audiences.
- Original and Multi-platform: Whether scripted narratives, feature-length or short documentary series, all content is designed to be original and portable across channels (mobile, digital, broadcast), leveraging the team’s unique relationships with A-list talent, studios, production companies and technology firms.
“It’s a new era of content creation and content marketing,” said Baranowski. “By listening and co-creating with aspirational consumers, by using the brand to generate authentic concepts and by leveraging the SHFT.com platform, we’ll be able to help our client partners increase their engagement rates, improve their core brand equities and move the cultural needle a notch forward.”
Founded in 2003, New York-based BBMG is a globally recognized brand innovation firm dedicated to creating disruptive business solutions and delightful brand experiences that help clients drive revenue and positive social impact. By integrating branding with sustainability expertise and innovation strategies, BBMG helps organizations identify growth opportunities, forge new markets, create new brands and drive real culture change. Recent clients include adidas, Earthbound Farm, eBay, Eileen Fisher, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal Paris, MillerCoors, NBCUniversal, Ocean Conservancy, Samsung, Seventh Generation and Target. For more background and a copy of the firm’s latest research report, Rethinking Consumption: Consumers and the Future of Sustainability, please visit http://www.bbmg.com/
SHFT is a lifestyle platform that lives both online and off line. Its mission is to nudge sustainable ideas and designs into pop culture, and to provide context for an inspiring, modern, sustainable way of life. Founded in December 2009 by film producer Peter Glatzer and actor-filmmaker Adrian Grenier, it is a mainstream brand that uses creative content – film, art, design and food – to engage its audience and shift the culture in the inevitable direction of sustainability. Since its inception,SHFT.COM has attracted a dedicated following, an arsenal of original and aggregated content, and a growing list of corporate partners including: the Ford Motor Company, AOL/Huffington Post, Virgin America, Stonyfield Farm, The W Hollywood and Estée Lauder. SHFT has won two Webby Awards and has garnered a plethora of positive press. www.shft.com
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]