AdTruth Partners With Evidon On Mobile Privacy App
SAN JOSE, CA., September 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – AdTruth, the global leader in securing digital relationships, and Evidon, the leading marketing intelligence company, today announced a technology partnership that will enable greater consumer control over in-app privacy on mobile devices. “Ad Control” is a key element of EvidonInForm Mobile, which enables consumers to opt-out of in-appor cross-app advertising. As a result of this partnership, AdTruth’s clients can detect and respect consumers’ privacy choices made via Evidon’s Ad Control.
Given the explosive growth of mobile channel, and the increasing value and volume of in-app marketing, the ability to respect consumers’ privacy choices is a top priority for responsible marketers. Evidon’s Ad Control, supported byAdTruth’s device recognition technology, is a valuable tool for achieving this goal.
“Ad Control provides a critical ability for consumers to take control of how their information is collected and shared across mobile,” said Scott Meyer, Evidon CEO. “Our clients want to respect their customers’ privacy preferences wherever they connect, including within the exploding app market. AdTruth has developed an effective approach that can detect and convey a consumer’s choice, as signaled by our Ad Control technology, to others in the mobile marketing ecosystem. We’re pleased to be working with AdTruth to provide an industry-driven model for respecting consumers’ in-app privacy.”
Timing of this announcement comes in the wake of the release of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) guidance for compliance with the coming self-regulatory mobile privacy principles. These new guidelines apply the principles around notice, transparency and choice to a new and evolving mobile world. The guidelines deliver to the industry an invaluable balance of both consumer choice and continued support for the growth of publishers, advertisers, and the technologies that serve them.
“As a staunch supporter of consumer privacy, AdTruth’s device recognition technology is designed to help our clients recognize and respect their customers’ privacy choices,” said James Lamberti, vice president and general manager ofAdTruth. “We are committed to the concept of ‘privacy by design’ and to supporting consumer privacy across every channel and in every use case. What Evidon is doing for themobile space – and for apps in particular – is incredibly important and we’re pleased to support this important newprivacy signal made available through Ad Control.”
AdTruth is an active member of the DAA, and Evidon is the first approved technology provider for compliance with the Self-Regulatory Program. Both companies support the industry to act on these principles responsibly and commit to giving consumers greater control over their 24/7 digital lives. Evidon InForm empowers more than 150 million people a day to control how their information is used online. AdTruth has established itself as a ready, willing and able partner to all those committed to protecting consumer choice and privacy in the digital world.
Evidon reveals the invisible web. Its technology gives brands, publishers, networks and other businesses around the world unique insight into how the digital ecosystem really works, including unparalleled intelligence on the marketing technologies that underpin the commercial web and the power to control their impact on business.
Evidon technology includes Ghostery®, the industry-leading browser tool that reports on data collection across 26 million websites and informs the company’s business control solutions.Evidon also provides market-leading privacy controls for more than $2 billion of display media and e-commerce transactions annually that empower more than 150 million people a day to control how their information is used online.
Companies make smarter decisions, protect their businesses and consumer privacy, and grow revenue as a result. For more information, please visit: www.evidon.com.
MadAve Mobile first covered this story.
About AdTruth, a division of 41st Parameter
In a world where people are increasingly reliant on a variety of Internet-connected devices for everything from banking to shopping to entertainment and media, creating relevant customer experiences and preventing online fraud are constant and complex business challenges. 41st Parameter, the global leader in device recognition and intelligence, combines its patented technologies and years of expertise to identify devices without cookies, without compromising privacy and without impacting performance.
AdTruth, the company’s digital media division, gives marketers a new and better way to recognize and reach their most valuable audiences across all types of devices. These privacy compliant solutions help keep the Internet more secure and relevant for everyone.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than