VIDEO: Tired of Burning Your Popcorn? There’s An App For That
ADOTAS – Pop Secret and Deutsch LA have teamed up to create an app called Perfect Pop, which helps consumers pop the perfect bag of microwave popcorn without burning it.
Perfect Pop is available for free download to any iPhone devices on Apple’s App Store or at PopSecretLabs.com. In the short time it’s been up on iTunes, it’s already moved up to one of the top 10 food apps and had 80,000 downloads, despite not having been publicly launched.
This may sound like a silly idea, but burnt popcorn is the number one consumer complaint faced by the microwave popcorn category. We’ve found that every week, more than 400 people tweet messages about burning their popcorn. There was enough of them, in fact, that we put them into an autotuned tweet video to explain Perfect Pop.
Perfect Pop can help solve this problem. It’s the only iPhone app that listens to popcorn in the microwave to notify consumers to stop the microwave to help avoid the risk of burning the popcorn.
Once a consumer turns the Perfect Pop app on and places it near the microwave, an animated kernel listens to the pops, letting the user know the moment when the popcorn is to be ready—instead of relying on microwave button presets. Engineers developed Perfect Pop by analyzing the sounds of popping corn in dozens of microwave models, and by extensive testing with more than 500 bags of popcorn. (Our offices smelled like burnt popcorn for days.) Perfect Pop has been designed for use specifically with Pop Secret popcorn — each brand of popcorn has their own “popping acoustics.”
Perfect Pop was created by Deutsch LA as part of PopSecretLabs.com, an initiative designed to connect popcorn fans to movies in their homes through digital apps and other projects. As movies increasingly move to digital viewing, our goal is to make Pop Secret relevant to digitally savvy home movie watchers. Some of our previous kernels include Find Your Critic with RottenTomatoes.com, Pop Over to help organize movie nights and Pop Search to locate movies on the web.
- Pingback from New Pop Music Video » Blog Archive » VIDEO: Tired of Burning Your Popcorn? There’s An App For That – ADOTAS
- Pingback from Pop Video Now » Blog Archive » VIDEO: Tired of Burning Your Popcorn? There’s An App For That – ADOTAS
there is already another app which does the same thing for android it is called “popcorn ready” and can be found in the google play store for free
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really