VIDEO: Tired of Burning Your Popcorn? There’s An App For That
ADOTAS – Pop Secret and Deutsch LA have teamed up to create an app called Perfect Pop, which helps consumers pop the perfect bag of microwave popcorn without burning it.
Perfect Pop is available for free download to any iPhone devices on Apple’s App Store or at PopSecretLabs.com. In the short time it’s been up on iTunes, it’s already moved up to one of the top 10 food apps and had 80,000 downloads, despite not having been publicly launched.
This may sound like a silly idea, but burnt popcorn is the number one consumer complaint faced by the microwave popcorn category. We’ve found that every week, more than 400 people tweet messages about burning their popcorn. There was enough of them, in fact, that we put them into an autotuned tweet video to explain Perfect Pop.
Perfect Pop can help solve this problem. It’s the only iPhone app that listens to popcorn in the microwave to notify consumers to stop the microwave to help avoid the risk of burning the popcorn.
Once a consumer turns the Perfect Pop app on and places it near the microwave, an animated kernel listens to the pops, letting the user know the moment when the popcorn is to be ready—instead of relying on microwave button presets. Engineers developed Perfect Pop by analyzing the sounds of popping corn in dozens of microwave models, and by extensive testing with more than 500 bags of popcorn. (Our offices smelled like burnt popcorn for days.) Perfect Pop has been designed for use specifically with Pop Secret popcorn — each brand of popcorn has their own “popping acoustics.”
Perfect Pop was created by Deutsch LA as part of PopSecretLabs.com, an initiative designed to connect popcorn fans to movies in their homes through digital apps and other projects. As movies increasingly move to digital viewing, our goal is to make Pop Secret relevant to digitally savvy home movie watchers. Some of our previous kernels include Find Your Critic with RottenTomatoes.com, Pop Over to help organize movie nights and Pop Search to locate movies on the web.
- Pingback from New Pop Music Video » Blog Archive » VIDEO: Tired of Burning Your Popcorn? There’s An App For That – ADOTAS
- Pingback from Pop Video Now » Blog Archive » VIDEO: Tired of Burning Your Popcorn? There’s An App For That – ADOTAS
there is already another app which does the same thing for android it is called “popcorn ready” and can be found in the google play store for free
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial