VIDEO: Be On Integrates Emotion Measurement Platform Into Branded Video Campaigns
LONDON, June 14, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Be On, AOL’s global branded content business, today announces a worldwide partnership with Realeyes, an emotional testing platform that measures how people feel and react when they view branded video content.
Be On can now offer biometric tracking to determine the emotional impact of a piece of video content plugging into renowned consumer panels such as CINT and Toluna. With this new partnership, brands can measure the emotional impact of their content frame-by-frame at launch or before it goes live. The addition of Realeyes means the Be On Insights package now offers advertisers the most sophisticated measurement tools in branded video in the global marketplace.
LG was one of the first brands to integrate the technology for branded video content with its latest campaign So Real It’s Scary 2.
LG trialed over 600 viewers in several markets to track the emotional response to its film, which tests the theory that men cannot go to the bathroom when someone is watching them. Be On and Realeyes showed that the film performed better than 95% of ads and resonated best with the 18-34 demographic, LG’s target audience.
Although confusion was the dominant emotion for the first 45 seconds, happiness spiked strongly at the punch line, far above industry norms and remained highly elevated throughout. These learnings assured LG that the potentially controversial video performed as intended and that the strong creative was worth spending big on when it came to distribution.
With offices in London, Budapest and Boston, Realeyes strengthens Be On’s global offering, giving brands unique access to a huge database of test viewers. All content testing is facilitated through a webcam meaning content can be tested anywhere, anytime and through multiple devices, to a selection of panel users who have explicitly consented to the testing. It is then analyzed in real-time to provide brands rich data around six basic emotions and performance criteria such as attraction, retention, engagement and impact. On average, the process from launching the panel testing to campaign analysis takes just 48 hours.
‘We’re delighted to be partnering with Be On to build on their already powerful mix of Insights tools for brands. Measuring the creative strength of any content at scale has been a challenge as it has relied on self-reported surveys and focus groups. With such an explosion in video advertising scale and speed, these methods now struggle to deliver credible feedback on the relationship between consumers and brands,” said Mihkel Jäätma, CEO, Realeyes. “Emotions are key to successful communication and our fully automated facial coding platform can reveal subconscious reactions to any video content quickly, and at scale.”
“Since its inception, Realeyes has brought something completely new to online video advertising,” said René Rechtman, CEO, Be On. “Brands need to produce content which cuts through the noise and emotional testing at scale is a vital step in the process of getting that content right for your audience. The addition of Realeyes to the Be On offering gives brands an unparalleled 360° service, which will revolutionise the branded video marketplace.”
The partnership adds to Be On’s comprehensive and market-leading Insights package, which includes the metrics of brand uplift, competitor benchmarking, audience visibility, social buzz and emotional engagement analysis.
René Rechtman and Mihkel Jäätma will be presenting from the main auditorium at Cannes Lions on Sunday, June 16 at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT. You can read a synopsis of the presentation on the Cannes Lions website. The session will be streamed live here (below) on Sunday and will be available for two weeks.
Run a Realeyes demonstration here.
About Be On
Be On, a division of AOL Networks is a truly global branded entertainment platform that brings together content production, syndication and real-time insights to provide advertisers with an end-to end platform for long-form branded content across all devices. Be On creates and syndicates content across 16 key verticals to 40,000 publishers in over 90 countries around the world. It has offices in the UK, US, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
About AOL Networks
AOL Networks enables the world’s top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile, tablet and connected TVs with impact through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. AOL Networks brands include Advertising.com, The AOL On Network, Be On, ADTECH and Pictela.
Realeyes is a technology company that uses computer vision to read faces and measure human emotion via standard webcams that people already have in their devices. Realeyes provides video intelligence to marketers and helps build smarter applications that can adjust to biometric user feedback in real time. Realeyes has offices in UK, US and Hungary and has helped over 60 brands in the Fortune 500 connect better with their customers.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than