Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages
ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate marketers. When a potential customer reaches a landing page, he is either going to go all the way or click away. After arriving on a page, it takes a customer about 5 seconds to make the decision. If your data shows more click offs than conversions, you might be making these deadly landing page mistakes.
1. Too Many Options. You might see multiple options as helpful, but your customers see them as confusing, often overwhelming. If your landing page doesn’t offer one dominant path to a sale, you are one click away from losing revenue. People land on your pages with the expectation they will immediately find what they are looking for. They don’t have the time or the patience to search around. Make it easy for them by creating one clear, concise purchasing path. Promoting more than one offer means creating specific landing pages for each one.
2. Sketchy Street Cred. Once you get traffic to your landing page(s), you must keep them there. To do that, your site must be deemed trustworthy. Product reviews, testimonials, and visible cyber security features are the three best ways to build online credibility.
3. Your Focus is On Quantity. Instead, zero in on quality. Each target audience deserves a dedicated landing page. Attempts to attract everybody and their brother are a waste of time and money. You need leads that are truly interested in what you have to offer. Remember, your goal is an increased conversion rate, not a record number of impressions. You could drive 500 visitors to your site, but if not a single one is interested, then you’ve lost revenue. But drive 100 quality leads to your site, and you’ve got something cooking.
4. You Suffer From Snore Syndrome. In other words, your page is boring. You don’t have to jazz it up with blingy ads and dancing monkeys, but you do need to get – and keep – visitors’ attention. Headlines that incorporate fun facts, amazing statistics, or a call to action are an absolute must. Crisp, quality images and relevant content are also part of the package.
5. It’s a Hot Mess. Consistency across all platforms is key. When people click on an ad or a link that leads them to a landing page, they expect to find the same products and quality that initially nudged them to check it out. Different pricing information, dramatically different product images, or content that isn’t relevant to what they are looking for send the subliminal message to shoppers something isn’t right. You lose credibility, and you lose a sale.
6. Clear the Clutter. Your landing pages shouldn’t be cluttered with links, blogs, and ads. Your goal is to keep visitors on the page long enough so that they will complete a sale. Remove any links that might encourage them to navigate away from your page – and the conversion. Once they make the sale, send them to a “thank you” page that contains links to other products that they might be interested in.
This article is excerpted from “Targeting Excellence: The Go-To Guide for Advertising Online,” available free of charge from AdStation by Adknowledge. To order the guide, click here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]