Network Advertising Initiative Announces 2013-2015 Board of Directors
WASHINGTON, D.C. (ADOTAS) — The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) today announced its 2013-2015 Board of Directors and new Executive Committee. Douglas Miller, Global Privacy Leader, AOL Inc., will serve as board chair. The entire Board of Directors, comprised of 12 member-elected privacy and digital media veterans, will work closely with Marc Groman, executive director and general counsel of the NAI, as well as the entire NAI staff to collaboratively work towards the organization’s key mission of creating, drafting, and overseeing the self-regulation of the third-party online advertising industry through enforceable standards and ongoing compliance efforts.
The NAI board members who will each serve a two-year term on the Executive Committee include:
- Board chair: Douglas Miller, Global Privacy Leader, AOL Inc.
- Vice chair: Alan Chapell, Outside Counsel, Privacy Officer, BlueKai.
- Treasurer: Shane Wiley, Vice President, Privacy and Data Governance, Yahoo!
- Secretary: Noga Rosenthal, Senior VP and General Counsel, 24/7 Media and Media Innovation Group.
Additional returning and newly appointed NAI board members include:
- Michael Benedek, Chief Executive Officer, Datonics.
- Jason Bier, Chief Privacy Officer, ValueClick.
- Will DeVries, Policy Counsel, Google.
- Brooks Dobbs, Chief Privacy Officer, KBM Group, I-Behavior.
- Matthew Haies, Vice President, Privacy Strategy, AppNexus.
- Alan Koslow, General Counsel, AudienceScience.
- Andrew Pancer, Chief Operating Officer, Media6Degrees.
- Estelle Werth, Legal Director, Criteo.
“This new board, in its diversity and talent, is going to drive the NAI’s continued evolution in self-regulation,” said Board chair Douglas Miller.
“The NAI Board of Directors and Executive Committee are comprised of those members who have demonstrated a strong commitment to furthering industry-wide self-regulation efforts, consumer education, responsible data practices, and the value of third-party advertising,” said Marc Groman, executive director and general counsel of the NAI. “Their role is to help ensure that the NAI’s goals and initiatives reflect the needs and priorities of the entire organization, and I have no doubt that this impressive team of individuals has the expertise, leadership and motivation to meet the demands of the rapidly evolving third-party landscape.
About the NAI
Founded in 2000, the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) is the leading self-regulatory association comprised exclusively of third-party digital advertising companies. The NAI promotes the health of the online ecosystem by maintaining and enforcing high standards for data collection and use for online advertising purposes. The organization also educates and empowers consumers to make meaningful choices about their experience with online advertising through an easy-to-use opt-out mechanism. To learn more, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- AerServ Partners With Unreel.me As Exclusive Connected TV Mediation Platform
- 65% of Marketers See Digital Video Drives Offline Sales: Sequent Partners’ Study
- What the 2016 Election Can Teach Marketers About Using Digital Media
- Deep Learning–AI that Recognizes Attitude & Intention–From RTB House
- New Hires At: IRIS.TV; Drumroll; Gamut