Ad Design Company Dispop Secures $600K to Launch Crowdsourced Ad Contest Marketplace
ADOTAS – Crowdsourced design provides a way for brands and agencies to create marketing materials on shoestring budgets. Today, companies are still recovering from the economic recession and have been searching for more nimble ways to cut overhead costs to remain competitive. 99Designs and Crowdspring were the first-generation companies that introduced a way to solicit creatives from a network of designers, but newcomer Dispop today announced the next evolution of crowdsourced ad design through its new marketplace that honors multiple designers for each contest, instead of just one like on competing platforms.
Dispop allows advertisers to launch ad design contests to tap into a vast network of designers, A/B test multiple banner variations and find the best performing ads for their online campaigns. Dispop also announced it has secured $600K in seed funding from Inimiti Capital Partners.
“According to the IAB, 2012 display ad revenues hit record-braking double-digit growth, reaching $12 Billion” said Alon Geva, General Partner at Inimiti. “Online and mobile display is poised for growth and we made this investment in Dispop to power a novel marketplace to match advertisers with talented designers and provide them with the technology to identify the best performing design out of a large number of versions created by different professional designers.”
Dispop aims to streamline the ad design process by providing the opportunity for marketers to source high volumes of quality designs in a matter of days and find the best performing ads based on live data rather than on subjective individual tastes. Advertisers enter their creative brief with their requirements. Within days, dozens of banner designs are created by multiple designers.
The advertisers select the banners they wish to run, sync up their Google, Facebook or DSP account and launch their campaign. Immediately results start pouring in and the banners that deliver the most clicks or conversions “win” the contest. In order to continuously maximize campaign performance the designers keep adding fresh creative variations.
“It is essential for brands and marketers to know what designs really work in the real world of the Internet and with our marketplace customers can easily test different versions of their ads and see which ones actually show results,” explained Ayal Ebert, Dispop CEO and co-founder. “It can be very interesting and surprising to see that ads we think are better-looking are actually not very effective. It is really impossible to guess which ads do best without the tests.”
Dispop was founded in Tel Aviv, Israel with offices in New York, when co-founders Ebert and Guy Falkovitch — the entrepreneurs behind DesignPax — recognized the need to streamline the process of ad design, delivery and optimization. Since its inception, Dispop and its parent company DesignPax, has created over 22,700 online ads, resulting in an average CTR lift of 37%.
Dispop will use funding from Inimiti to expand its U.S. operations and establish new partnerships with DSPs, ad networks and agency trading desks.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]