Yahoo! Bing Contextual Ad Network Explodes to 2.5+ Billion Page Views
ADOTAS — You might not have realized it, but late last year two of the largest search companies Yahoo! and Bing partnered to take on the SEO giant Google by creating one of the largest contextual ad networks on the planet. Launched six months ago, the Yahoo! and Media.net joined forces to bring Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads to Web Publishers, and now reaches more than 25% of the entire U.S web audience. The Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program enables web publishers to easily and effectively earn advertising revenue where website publishers can log into the Media.net self-serve platform to create and customize ad units that display relevant text ads consisting of sponsored links and ad topics from the Yahoo! Bing Network.
Currently 10% of the entire network revenue is served through mobile ads and the combined team consists of over 450 people – the second largest team outside of Google dedicated to contextual advertising.
“Since its inception, Media.net has invested tremendous resources — people, capital and time — to build what Yahoo! identifies to be a terrific monetization solution for web publishers,” said Al Echamendi, Vice President, Business Development, Yahoo!. “During our evaluation process, we recognized Media.net as a technology and innovation leader, with a strong management team that has a significant business track record and industry experience.”
With this partnership, publishers have the ability to tap into the Yahoo! Bing network, jam packed with millions of ads and ad topics across a wide array of categories like music, pets, sports, restaurants and technology. Media.net ad targeting technology scans publisher web page content and displays only the most relevant and highest-paying ads. Publishers can even run these ads in tandem with their current ads to find the right mix.
Built in controls allow publishers to skin ads with custom images, adjust sizes, or custom build to match specific website look and feel. Publishers can also set hints to guide ad targeting like asking the ad network to “show Hawaii luxury hotel ads on the travel page” or “show ads for kittens on articles about cuteness.” Another factor that sets this combined offering apart is that Media.net account services specialists are on hand to answer ad performance questions to customize and optimize ads on-the-fly.
With hundreds of requests coming from premium publishers and advertisers each week, the program is helping web publishers with premium content transform valuable content into real dollars. Though only a few thousand have been accepted into the program so far, it’s already paying dividends and provides advertisers with great conversions and allows publishers to increase their overall revenue.
“Yahoo! holds a key leadership position in online advertising,” said Divyank Turakhia, Founder & CEO at Media.net. “Teaming up with Yahoo! allows us to offer web publishers with a solution that generates additional revenue for them and provides customization, control and flexibility that they would like.”
Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads. However they provide better customer support.
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really