Yahoo! Bing Contextual Ad Network Explodes to 2.5+ Billion Page Views
ADOTAS — You might not have realized it, but late last year two of the largest search companies Yahoo! and Bing partnered to take on the SEO giant Google by creating one of the largest contextual ad networks on the planet. Launched six months ago, the Yahoo! and Media.net joined forces to bring Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads to Web Publishers, and now reaches more than 25% of the entire U.S web audience. The Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program enables web publishers to easily and effectively earn advertising revenue where website publishers can log into the Media.net self-serve platform to create and customize ad units that display relevant text ads consisting of sponsored links and ad topics from the Yahoo! Bing Network.
Currently 10% of the entire network revenue is served through mobile ads and the combined team consists of over 450 people – the second largest team outside of Google dedicated to contextual advertising.
“Since its inception, Media.net has invested tremendous resources — people, capital and time — to build what Yahoo! identifies to be a terrific monetization solution for web publishers,” said Al Echamendi, Vice President, Business Development, Yahoo!. “During our evaluation process, we recognized Media.net as a technology and innovation leader, with a strong management team that has a significant business track record and industry experience.”
With this partnership, publishers have the ability to tap into the Yahoo! Bing network, jam packed with millions of ads and ad topics across a wide array of categories like music, pets, sports, restaurants and technology. Media.net ad targeting technology scans publisher web page content and displays only the most relevant and highest-paying ads. Publishers can even run these ads in tandem with their current ads to find the right mix.
Built in controls allow publishers to skin ads with custom images, adjust sizes, or custom build to match specific website look and feel. Publishers can also set hints to guide ad targeting like asking the ad network to “show Hawaii luxury hotel ads on the travel page” or “show ads for kittens on articles about cuteness.” Another factor that sets this combined offering apart is that Media.net account services specialists are on hand to answer ad performance questions to customize and optimize ads on-the-fly.
With hundreds of requests coming from premium publishers and advertisers each week, the program is helping web publishers with premium content transform valuable content into real dollars. Though only a few thousand have been accepted into the program so far, it’s already paying dividends and provides advertisers with great conversions and allows publishers to increase their overall revenue.
“Yahoo! holds a key leadership position in online advertising,” said Divyank Turakhia, Founder & CEO at Media.net. “Teaming up with Yahoo! allows us to offer web publishers with a solution that generates additional revenue for them and provides customization, control and flexibility that they would like.”
Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads. However they provide better customer support.
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than