Unruly Assesses the First 100 Days of Vine
NEW YORK & LONDON, May 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Five Vine videos are shared on Twitter every second. That’s according to new research released today by video technology company Unruly into the sharing patterns surrounding Twitter’s popular new mobile video app, which this week celebrated its 100-day birthday.
Using data collected from Unruly’s new Vine app, the study also found that branded Vines are four times more likely to be shared than branded online videos and that, generally, more Vine tweets occur during the weekend than all of the weekdays combined.
Collecting data from over 10 million Vines during a one-month period, it found that:
- On average, 5 tweets per second contained a Vine link;
- Weekends are the most popular time to share Vines. In fact, in most cases, they are more popular than all the previous weekdays combined;
- Branded content accounts for 4% of the Top 100 tracked Vines (in comparison, only 1% of content is branded in the Unruly Viral Video Chart Top 100 Most Shared Videos);
- Between 10-11 am EDT is when most Vine activity occurs;
- Out of the 10 million Vines sampled, only 433 had more than 500 tweets, 176 had over 1,000 tweets and just 51 had more than 2,000 tweets;
- The largest number of Vine tweets during the sample period (19,667) was sent on Monday, April 15 at 3-4pm EDT – just after the Boston Marathon explosions;
- The number one Vine tracked over the period had 47,000 tweets, while the 100th most shared Vine video had 1,400 (see link below for top 100).
“This data can really help brands determine a strategy for using Vine in their marketing efforts. We have already seen brands like General Electric, adidas, AT&T, Volvo, Pepsi-Co and GAP adapt to the platform,” said Matt Cooke, CTO and co-founder at Unruly. “Vine is being used in a very complementary way to Twitter, with the 6-second video becoming the ‘ad’, much like the 140-character tweet.”
Top 20 Most Tweeted Vines
“Vine sharing is really starting to take off. In just over 100 days, we are already seeing 5 Vine videos being shared every second. There is a massive opportunity here for brands to get really creative with this 6-second sensation, either to grab people’s attention quickly or as part of a much larger content marketing strategy,” continued Cooke. “However, advertisers need to remember the fundamentals of why people share videos, short or long. First, they need to elicit an emotional reaction from their audience, and secondly they need to give their consumers a reason to share.”
You can gain more insight into Twitter’s Vine app by downloading Unruly’s Guide For Brands On Vine here.
About the Methodology
The data collected is from March 22, 2013 to April 22, 2013. Data was sourced from Twitter querying Vine links, and over 10 million Vines were collected by Unruly during the sample period. Data points were collected using Unruly’s proprietary technology, which powers Unruly Analytics™ and the Unruly Viral Video Chart™.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than