Janrain Announces ‘Login with Amazon’ Integration
PORTLAND, OR., May 30, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Janrain, a leading provider of user management solutions for the social web, today announced integration with Login with Amazon. Online retailers, consumer brands and others using the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP) can now make it fast and easy for customers to register, sign in and check-out using their existing Amazon account, turning guest checkout visitors into recognized customers with personalized shopping experiences.
“Amazon is considered one of the most reputable companies in the U.S. and personifies trust for online shoppers,” said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. “We know that Login with Amazon is already the most popular registration choice on Zappos.com. This partnership extends that popularity, creating opportunity for our retail and ecommerce clients to facilitate trust from consumers who are comfortable using their Amazon identity in an ecommerce context.”
Login with Amazon also addresses cart abandonment, one of the biggest challenges facing online retailers. According to Forrester Research*, 54 percent of online consumers have abandoned their digital shopping carts without completing a transaction. Social login addresses this problem by making it quick and easy for consumers to complete transactions on their favorite websites. Customers can now use their trusted Amazon account to pre-populate data fields without having to fill out lengthy registration forms or remember yet another user name and password, reducing their likelihood to abandon the shopping cart.
Furthermore, according to research commissioned by Janrain**, 65 percent of consumers agreed they are more likely to return to a website that automatically welcomes them through social login and 60 percent agree that companies offering social login are more up-to-date and innovative than companies that don’t, driving even more value to companies that offer social login.
“Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face,” said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research, who conducted the research on behalf of Janrain. “Despite social login’s recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial.”
Janrain pioneered social login to help companies better understand website users. The company’s user management platform enables consumers to use social networks or email usernames and passwords to login or register on a site. Janrain supports more than 30 identity providers, and now with the integration of Amazon, organizations can gain permission-based access to accurate profile data from a consumer’s Amazon profile, including a first and last name and verified email address.
The Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP) helps organizations succeed on the social web with leading technology that leverages the popularity of social networks and identities for new user acquisition, engagement, and enhanced customer intelligence. Our solutions, including social login, social sharing, social profile data collection and storage, access to the social graph, and digital strategy services, improve the effectiveness of online marketing initiatives for leading brands like Fox, Universal Music Group, Whole Foods, Mattel, Purina, Samsung, Macy’s and Dr Pepper. Founded in 2005, Janrain is based in Portland, Oregon. For more information, please call 1-888-563-3082 or visit www.janrain.com and follow @janrain.
*2013 Forrester Research, The State of Retailing Online 2013: Key Metrics and Initiatives
**2013 Blue Research, Consumer Perceptions of Social Login Study
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,
- conversion optimization examples | JIM BULDO: [...] SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social MarketingADOTAS, on Fri, 07 Mar 2014