Janrain Announces ‘Login with Amazon’ Integration
PORTLAND, OR., May 30, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Janrain, a leading provider of user management solutions for the social web, today announced integration with Login with Amazon. Online retailers, consumer brands and others using the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP) can now make it fast and easy for customers to register, sign in and check-out using their existing Amazon account, turning guest checkout visitors into recognized customers with personalized shopping experiences.
“Amazon is considered one of the most reputable companies in the U.S. and personifies trust for online shoppers,” said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. “We know that Login with Amazon is already the most popular registration choice on Zappos.com. This partnership extends that popularity, creating opportunity for our retail and ecommerce clients to facilitate trust from consumers who are comfortable using their Amazon identity in an ecommerce context.”
Login with Amazon also addresses cart abandonment, one of the biggest challenges facing online retailers. According to Forrester Research*, 54 percent of online consumers have abandoned their digital shopping carts without completing a transaction. Social login addresses this problem by making it quick and easy for consumers to complete transactions on their favorite websites. Customers can now use their trusted Amazon account to pre-populate data fields without having to fill out lengthy registration forms or remember yet another user name and password, reducing their likelihood to abandon the shopping cart.
Furthermore, according to research commissioned by Janrain**, 65 percent of consumers agreed they are more likely to return to a website that automatically welcomes them through social login and 60 percent agree that companies offering social login are more up-to-date and innovative than companies that don’t, driving even more value to companies that offer social login.
“Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face,” said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research, who conducted the research on behalf of Janrain. “Despite social login’s recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial.”
Janrain pioneered social login to help companies better understand website users. The company’s user management platform enables consumers to use social networks or email usernames and passwords to login or register on a site. Janrain supports more than 30 identity providers, and now with the integration of Amazon, organizations can gain permission-based access to accurate profile data from a consumer’s Amazon profile, including a first and last name and verified email address.
The Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP) helps organizations succeed on the social web with leading technology that leverages the popularity of social networks and identities for new user acquisition, engagement, and enhanced customer intelligence. Our solutions, including social login, social sharing, social profile data collection and storage, access to the social graph, and digital strategy services, improve the effectiveness of online marketing initiatives for leading brands like Fox, Universal Music Group, Whole Foods, Mattel, Purina, Samsung, Macy’s and Dr Pepper. Founded in 2005, Janrain is based in Portland, Oregon. For more information, please call 1-888-563-3082 or visit www.janrain.com and follow @janrain.
*2013 Forrester Research, The State of Retailing Online 2013: Key Metrics and Initiatives
**2013 Blue Research, Consumer Perceptions of Social Login Study
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and
- Cory Grassell: As an addendum to my previous post, I failed to consider Twitter. I suppose that