Bloomberg: Online Video-Ad Startups Rivaling Google Seen Near IPOs
ADOTAS (via BLOOMBERG) – Demand for Web commercials played alongside video clips is fueling growth at marketing startups, putting such companies as Tremor Video Inc., YuMe Inc. and Adap.tv Inc. on course for initial public offerings this year.
All three have picked bankers or are in discussions to sell shares to the public, according to people familiar with their plans, who asked not to be identified because the information hasn’t been publicly disclosed.
The proliferation of fast connections, whether wireless for smartphones and tablets, or Web access in homes and offices, has enabled blogs and media companies to feature more video on their sites. Amid a boom in online commercials, the video-ad market is projected to more than double to $9.06 billion in 2017 from $4.14 billion this year, according to researcher EMarketer Inc.
- Pingback from Blogshare: BrightRoll’s Tod Sacerdoti on Acquisitions, IPOs, and the Company’s Near Future
Leave a Comment
- Vertical Search Works Acquires addGloo
- BlueKai Partners with MoPub to Help App Developers Drive Audience Targeting
- Vdopia Inc. Hires Veteran Adtech Exec Shulman as SVP, Sales
- Visual IQ and Marin Software Formalize Strategic Partnership
- Sojern Doubles YOY Revenue, Increases Global Data Footprint to Over 200M Traveler Profiles