Bloomberg: Online Video-Ad Startups Rivaling Google Seen Near IPOs
ADOTAS (via BLOOMBERG) – Demand for Web commercials played alongside video clips is fueling growth at marketing startups, putting such companies as Tremor Video Inc., YuMe Inc. and Adap.tv Inc. on course for initial public offerings this year.
All three have picked bankers or are in discussions to sell shares to the public, according to people familiar with their plans, who asked not to be identified because the information hasn’t been publicly disclosed.
The proliferation of fast connections, whether wireless for smartphones and tablets, or Web access in homes and offices, has enabled blogs and media companies to feature more video on their sites. Amid a boom in online commercials, the video-ad market is projected to more than double to $9.06 billion in 2017 from $4.14 billion this year, according to researcher EMarketer Inc.
- Pingback from Blogshare: BrightRoll’s Tod Sacerdoti on Acquisitions, IPOs, and the Company’s Near Future
Leave a Comment
- IAB: “Ad-Blocking Is Highway Robbery”
- Altimeter Releases Study–From Web Traffic to Foot Traffic: How Brands and Retailers Can Leverage Digital Content to Power In-Store Sales
- Want To Rank Higher In Mobile Phone Searches On Google?
- Second Annual UNIFY 2015 Conference on Content Marketing; Speakers Announced
- The Second Wave of Automation: What’s Up With Programmatic Ad Buys Now?