Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card
ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the launch of its new Lead Generation Card represents a major milestone in the evolution of both the microblogging site and performance marketing. Lead Generation Cards are part of the suite of Twitter Cards, which are essentially expanded tweets that allow organizations and businesses to promote their content and offers.
For Twitter, it is a recognition that engagement and social media buzz are great but the days of advertisers being able to live solely off of that as justification for investing in social media campaigns are quickly coming to a close. As Twitter said in announcing the new direct marketing offering, the key goal for many marketers “boils down to one more theme: generating leads and ultimately driving purchases.” We couldn’t agree more.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Sizmek Presents Ads of the Week: October 20th – October 24th
- The CMO Club’s Pete Krainik Talks 2014 CMO Awards and Qualities of Successful Marketing Leaders
- Yahoo Fights Back Doubters with Strong Third-Quarter Earnings
- Bringing in the Big Guns: Helping the C-Suite Go Programmatic
- iPhone 6: What’s New and What Matters