BI: eBay Ramps Up New Ad Exchange In Threat To Amazon
(BUSINESS INSIDER) – eBay is ramping up its ad exchange in the U.S. with target-able shopper segments, according to Adweek. The exchange will allow advertisers to target web ads at users based on their eBay history, via an automated real-time bidding platform.
Amazon already has an ad exchange up and running that some people believe is already making $500 million in sales. Because Amazon can potentially use its vast database of consumers’ purchase histories to target ads, many refer to it as the Sleeping Giant of the online ad business. (eBay, by that logic, is the Second-Hand Sleeping Giant).
Leave a Comment
- AnswerDash Transforms Help Center with Zendesk Integration
- MediaBrix Brings Sound and Haptics to In-App Mobile Branding Ads
- More Companies Take Control of Programmatic Advertising In House
- Videology Questions Reliability Of Viewability Metrics On Successful Campaigns
- Operative Appoints Rick Glickman as Chief Financial Officer