BI: eBay Ramps Up New Ad Exchange In Threat To Amazon
(BUSINESS INSIDER) – eBay is ramping up its ad exchange in the U.S. with target-able shopper segments, according to Adweek. The exchange will allow advertisers to target web ads at users based on their eBay history, via an automated real-time bidding platform.
Amazon already has an ad exchange up and running that some people believe is already making $500 million in sales. Because Amazon can potentially use its vast database of consumers’ purchase histories to target ads, many refer to it as the Sleeping Giant of the online ad business. (eBay, by that logic, is the Second-Hand Sleeping Giant).
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Xcelerated Marketing Recognized with Top Honors at 2014 Content Marketing Awards
- InMobi inks global partnership with Factual to increase Mobile Ad Efficacy for Brands
- Eyeview and LiveRamp Partnership Delivers Powerful Data Solutions to Brands
- Rubicon Project Selected to Power Global Exchange for International Media Group, Future plc
- Evolve Media Further Strengthens Viewability Through Partnership with Moat