BI: eBay Ramps Up New Ad Exchange In Threat To Amazon
(BUSINESS INSIDER) – eBay is ramping up its ad exchange in the U.S. with target-able shopper segments, according to Adweek. The exchange will allow advertisers to target web ads at users based on their eBay history, via an automated real-time bidding platform.
Amazon already has an ad exchange up and running that some people believe is already making $500 million in sales. Because Amazon can potentially use its vast database of consumers’ purchase histories to target ads, many refer to it as the Sleeping Giant of the online ad business. (eBay, by that logic, is the Second-Hand Sleeping Giant).
Leave a Comment
- Sightly Launches First Video Ad Platform for Local Market
- DataXu Marries Personalized Storytelling and Programmatic with Acquisition of JasperLabs
- LinkedIn Launches Sponsored Updates API and Partner Program
- MediaMath Acquires Tactads to Enable Cookieless, Cross-Device Targeting and Measurement
- Rocket Fuel Publishes 11 Best Practices for Programmatic Advertising