BI: eBay Ramps Up New Ad Exchange In Threat To Amazon
(BUSINESS INSIDER) – eBay is ramping up its ad exchange in the U.S. with target-able shopper segments, according to Adweek. The exchange will allow advertisers to target web ads at users based on their eBay history, via an automated real-time bidding platform.
Amazon already has an ad exchange up and running that some people believe is already making $500 million in sales. Because Amazon can potentially use its vast database of consumers’ purchase histories to target ads, many refer to it as the Sleeping Giant of the online ad business. (eBay, by that logic, is the Second-Hand Sleeping Giant).
Leave a Comment
- Google Embraces Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Getting Smart about AI: It doesn’t replace advertisers, it empowers them
- The Collective Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Supports Diversity in New Media, Data Science and Product Development
- adMarketplace to Serve Bing Ads Across Network of Digital Search Properties
- Topics Trending on Facebook in September