AFAIK: Covario, eXelate, Medialets, Fiksu, Net2TV, BlueHornet Networks
ADOTAS – As the week’s end slows our mail delivery to a trickle, let’s catch up on our Inbox activity:
Covario has added Nick Brien (pictured), the former chairman and chief executive of McCann Worldgroup, to its board of directors. Brien has built a track record over three decades leading some of the world’s most successful advertising, media and marketing agencies. Prior to joining McCann Worldgroup, he created and led IPG Mediabrands, another Interpublic company that was named the 2009 media holding company of the year by MediaPost. Previously, Brien served as the chief executive of Universal McCann during a two-year period of dramatic growth.
eXelate has opened new offices in Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles for sales and support of new marketer and agency clients. The three new offices join eXelate’s existing US operations in New York and San Francisco as well as international offices in London, Paris, and Israel. The company which has doubled revenue and headcount in the last 12 months, passed a massive milestone with over 1 trillion records pushed monthly to clients worldwide, and has delivered 1.8x better performance of its data due to greater accuracy. This strong growth comes after eXelate’s $12 million Series C Round last September.
Medialets announced today the appointment of Alan F. Nugent as Chief Technology Officer. Nugent is based out of the company’s global headquarters in New York. In his new role, Nugent will be tasked with overseeing the development of Medialets’ third-party ad serving and rich media platform for mobile and tablets. Nugent brings with him over three decades of experience leading technology development in the enterprise software industry. Most recently, he served as the Chief Executive and Chief Technology Officer at Mzinga. Prior to that, he served as the executive vice president and Chief Technology Officer at CA, Inc.; was senior vice president and CTO of Novell; was the CIO for American Reinsurance; and CTO for Xerox. Earlier in his career, he founded three startup companies and began his journey at HP.
Fiksu, Inc. today published its Fiksu Indexes which marked increases in both the volume of mobile app downloads and the cost to acquire loyal users during the month of April. The Fiksu Cost per Loyal User Index increased by 10 percent for the month, or 14 cents, to $1.50, from March’s $1.36. The Fiksu App Store Competitive Index (which measures the average aggregate daily download volume of the top 200 free U.S. iPhone apps) rose 11 percent, to 5.61 million daily downloads in April from March’s 5.02 million. The increase in mobile marketing costs noted in the April Fiksu Indexes could be attributed to the end of UDID and the impact of Apple’s new IDFA which has prompted many high-visibility, valuable app publishers, such as Pandora, to enter the marketplace, bumping up available premium inventory for advertisers.
Net2TV has announced that its Portico TV service will be available to an estimated 5 million Roku® users beginning in late June. Portico provides free, advertising-supported, program-length shows from major media brands and emerging independents. The Portico programming is designed for the “lean-back” experience associated with traditional TV viewing. Net2TV’s Portico brings to Internet-connected TVs the best of the traditional television viewing experience — free, program-length shows — using advanced cloud technology from ActiveVideo. Net2TV works with established media brands that have good-quality, short-form pieces, and with emerging online video producers and independent filmmakers. The company curates these pieces and packages them into full 30-, 60-, or 90-minute television programs for TV streaming platforms like Roku.
BlueHornet Networks, Inc., the email solution from Digital River, announced the appointment of Kara Trivunovic (pictured) as vice president of strategic services. Kara will play a leadership role in advising BlueHornet’s customers on strategic plans designed to increase the revenue and performance of their email marketing programs. Prior to joining BlueHornet, Trivunovic served as the vice president of marketing services for StrongMail, a leading provider of email marketing and cross-channel marketing solutions. In addition, she was founder and principal of The Email Advisor, an email marketing consultancy focusing on email strategy and channel optimization, which was acquired by StrongMail in May 2009.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and
- Cory Grassell: As an addendum to my previous post, I failed to consider Twitter. I suppose that
- Cory Grassell: Ten seems like a bit much. I think you hit the nail on the head