Marketing Big Data to the C-Suite
ADOTAS – The Challenge: Create a brand-driven experience for Acxiom® (NASDAQ: ACXM), one of the nation’s leading enterprise data, analytics and software-as-a-service companies, to communicate the company’s leading technologies in a creative way to their top customers at an invitation-only client forum.
The Solution: Acxiom tapped leading brand strategy firm, Protagonist, to conceptualize and execute a global gathering of the world’s most sought-after thought leaders and renowned brands at the Guggenheim in New York City, March 6-8, 2013, to discuss the future of Big Data and how to capitalize on it with their own audiences to transform customer engagement.
Protagonist designed an event that organically provides a setting for executives to learn about Acxiom’s new suite of technologies as they relate to the complex world of Big Data. While the term “Big Data” has become ubiquitous, for many there is still a lack of understanding of how best to exploit it. Executives know they need to harness it, but many are unsure where to start, how to use it, how their competition is using it, or what the real points of differentiation are. The event created a dynamic opportunity for top-tier executives to interface with luminaries in the field, to learn how Acxiom is transforming the marketplace and, more importantly, how to incorporate their learnings into their marketing practices and strategy.
In addition to developing the concept with Acxiom executives Tim Suther (Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer) and Nada Stirratt (Chief Revenue Officer), Protagonist leveraged its deep knowledge of and expertise in entertainment and production to create a truly unique experience, showcasing such luminary speakers as former U.S. President Bill Clinton and statistician Nate Silver. Protagonist also directed the event, overseeing the look and feel of the experience, from marketing materials to presentation design to executive wardrobe, recognizing that brand is expressed in every communication medium, including what the brand is wearing.
“Big Data is about to go from being the buzzword on everyone’s minds to being the must-have capability in every successful marketer’s toolkit, ” said Suther. “This year’s Engage Symposium was an important opportunity for us to drive the conversation about the power of data. While we’ve been at this for years and are the very best at what we do, it takes a specialized storytelling approach to communicate our business and our strengths to the marketplace. Matti and his team at Protagonist were instrumental in helping us craft our story and set the stage for the ongoing conversations and partnerships that will drive our business in the coming year.”
Based in Los Angeles, Protagonist is a brand strategy company known for creating and executing high-value, high-concept experiences for global blue chip brands including PepsiCo, Weight Watchers, Acxiom and Living Proof. The company utilizes its broad expertise across multiplatform entertainment, technology, culture and advertising to generate ‘Brand Energy’ that builds momentum for brands and engages consumers. Founded in 2003 by television and digital content veteran Matti Leshem, the company also serves as a production studio where it develops both brand-supported and independently produced film and television properties. For more information, visit www.protagonist.tv.
Acxiom is an enterprise data, analytics and software-as-a-service company that uniquely fuses trust, experience and scale to fuel data-driven results. For over 40 years, Acxiom has been an innovator in harnessing every important source and use of data to strengthen connections between people, businesses and their partners. Utilizing a channel- and media-neutral approach, Acxiom leverages cutting-edge, data-oriented products and services to maximize customer value. Every week, Acxiom powers more than a trillion transactions that enable better living for people and better results for their 7,000+ global clients. For more information about Acxiom, visit Acxiom.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and