Marketing Big Data to the C-Suite
ADOTAS – The Challenge: Create a brand-driven experience for Acxiom® (NASDAQ: ACXM), one of the nation’s leading enterprise data, analytics and software-as-a-service companies, to communicate the company’s leading technologies in a creative way to their top customers at an invitation-only client forum.
The Solution: Acxiom tapped leading brand strategy firm, Protagonist, to conceptualize and execute a global gathering of the world’s most sought-after thought leaders and renowned brands at the Guggenheim in New York City, March 6-8, 2013, to discuss the future of Big Data and how to capitalize on it with their own audiences to transform customer engagement.
Protagonist designed an event that organically provides a setting for executives to learn about Acxiom’s new suite of technologies as they relate to the complex world of Big Data. While the term “Big Data” has become ubiquitous, for many there is still a lack of understanding of how best to exploit it. Executives know they need to harness it, but many are unsure where to start, how to use it, how their competition is using it, or what the real points of differentiation are. The event created a dynamic opportunity for top-tier executives to interface with luminaries in the field, to learn how Acxiom is transforming the marketplace and, more importantly, how to incorporate their learnings into their marketing practices and strategy.
In addition to developing the concept with Acxiom executives Tim Suther (Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer) and Nada Stirratt (Chief Revenue Officer), Protagonist leveraged its deep knowledge of and expertise in entertainment and production to create a truly unique experience, showcasing such luminary speakers as former U.S. President Bill Clinton and statistician Nate Silver. Protagonist also directed the event, overseeing the look and feel of the experience, from marketing materials to presentation design to executive wardrobe, recognizing that brand is expressed in every communication medium, including what the brand is wearing.
“Big Data is about to go from being the buzzword on everyone’s minds to being the must-have capability in every successful marketer’s toolkit, ” said Suther. “This year’s Engage Symposium was an important opportunity for us to drive the conversation about the power of data. While we’ve been at this for years and are the very best at what we do, it takes a specialized storytelling approach to communicate our business and our strengths to the marketplace. Matti and his team at Protagonist were instrumental in helping us craft our story and set the stage for the ongoing conversations and partnerships that will drive our business in the coming year.”
Based in Los Angeles, Protagonist is a brand strategy company known for creating and executing high-value, high-concept experiences for global blue chip brands including PepsiCo, Weight Watchers, Acxiom and Living Proof. The company utilizes its broad expertise across multiplatform entertainment, technology, culture and advertising to generate ‘Brand Energy’ that builds momentum for brands and engages consumers. Founded in 2003 by television and digital content veteran Matti Leshem, the company also serves as a production studio where it develops both brand-supported and independently produced film and television properties. For more information, visit www.protagonist.tv.
Acxiom is an enterprise data, analytics and software-as-a-service company that uniquely fuses trust, experience and scale to fuel data-driven results. For over 40 years, Acxiom has been an innovator in harnessing every important source and use of data to strengthen connections between people, businesses and their partners. Utilizing a channel- and media-neutral approach, Acxiom leverages cutting-edge, data-oriented products and services to maximize customer value. Every week, Acxiom powers more than a trillion transactions that enable better living for people and better results for their 7,000+ global clients. For more information about Acxiom, visit Acxiom.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]