AFAIK: SapientNitro, Face, Metaio, MediaBrix, Wing, xAd, SelectNY
ADOTAS – Here’s today’s digital skinny, delivered by the virtual mailman:
SapientNitro announced today that its worldwide chief creative officer, Gaston Legorburu (pictured), has been named a member of the Cannes Mobile Lions Jury for the 60th International Festival of Creativity. Legorburu will join a prestigious panel of international judges to review and award the best in global creative communications for the Cannes Lions Festival from June 16-22, 2013. The Mobile Lions reward the best creative work that lives on or is activated by a mobile device, app or mobile web. The work is judged based on creativity, execution (usability, user experience, craft and design), relevance to the mobile platform and results (level of user engagement and any quantifiable outcomes).
Face, the global strategic insight agency, announced the release today of Pulsar TRAC, an advanced social intelligence platform which pushes social media research beyond keyword tracking. According to a press release, Pulsar TRAC (TOPIC, REACH, AUDIENCE, CONTENT), born out of 10 years of experience of research and planning with social data, is built on a robust intelligence framework enabling marketers to do more than just keyword tracking: measuring the reach of conversations, mapping brand audiences and tracking content diffusion. Whereas all traditional social media monitoring platforms look at the content of conversations, Pulsar TRAC promises to take monitoring a step further by indexing and analyzing the social connections, the interests and the digital behaviors of the authors, as well. Face claims that Pulsar TRAC solves many of the issues found in the more than 200 social media tools currently on the market, such as the obsession with basic volume-led metrics, the lack of demographic and behavioral context, no understanding of the audience, poor interfaces, and the inability to weight the impact of conversations. Engineered for Big Data, the platform reportedly collects social and news content in 140 languages, can process up to 7,500 tweets-per-second, 60 million tweets-per-day, and perform complex queries on millions of conversations.
Metaio has opened a new office in Dallas as part of a company-wide initiative to invest resources into research and development of Augmented Reality (AR) core technologies. The company’s headquarters are in Munich, Germany. According to a company press release, the opening of the new Dallas office will focus entirely on advancements and platform research in order to engineer the next generation of Augmented Reality software and devices.
MediaBrix, a leading advertising platform for social and mobile games, unveiled its plan yesterday to focus its mission and strategically align with Breakthrough Moments (BTMs) in gaming. Further supporting the alignment with BTMs, MediaBrix has redesigned their entire product portfolio and is debuting a new product called Rewards, an ad unit dedicated to engaging users during their highest achievements within games, providing an industry-first suite of products that addresses all the key moments in gaming.
WPP’s Wing, a leading full-service marketing communications agency focused on the Hispanic market, today announced the appointment of Jorge Ortega to Creative Director and Sy Kraft to Senior Digital Strategist. Both will be based out of New York and report to Wing’s Managing Director Andrew Speyer. Ortega will oversee creative output for clients including RadioShack, Red Lobster and Goya. Kraft, in a newly created position, will drive digital strategy and execution across all clients. Ortega was formerly with Crispin Porter + Bogusky, where worked on brands such as Burger King, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, Microsoft Windows, Old Navy, and Vitamin Water. Kraft was previously a partner at SINK Consulting, was Chief Digital Strategist at Real Resorts in the Rivera Maya and also held senior positions at Leo Burnett, G2 and LatinWorks.
xAd, the leader in delivering targeted mobile ads based on accurate user location and search context, announced this week that it has more-than-doubled its Q1 revenue from its agency business year-over-year, and now has over 200 national brands running on its platform. Building on recent momentum, xAd expanded its national presence in Q1 with key hires in the West and Midwest. xAd recently added Matt Krumme, who is based out of San Francisco and was previously the manager of Northwest mobile sales at The Weather Channel, as Director of Sales in the West. The company also added Denise Steele as Director of Sales in the Midwest. Steele is based out of Chicago and comes from Zumobi, a leading mobile media company. Krumme and Steele will be tasked with continuing to grow sales teams and expanding xAd’s strategic presence in both regions.
SelectNY, the independent global branding and advertising agency, has appointed Fredrik Peterhoff to the new position of Executive Creative Director. He will report directly to Olivier van Doorne, SelectNY’s Worldwide Creative Director, and will be based in the agency’s Los Angeles office. Peterhoff brings more than 15 years of experience across fashion, luxury, beauty and lifestyle brands to SelectNY. Most recently, he served as Creative Director of Photography for Anthropologie, where he defined the new photography direction across all channels. Previously, Peterhoff led his own agency, Peterhoffs, where he produced campaigns for fashion-focused brands such as Eli Tahari, Jessica Simpson, Bloomingdale’s and Lord & Taylor. Prior, he was Creative Director for MD70, a full-service advertising agency focusing on fashion, luxury, beauty and lifestyle brands. He has also served as Senior Director of Creative Services for BCBG Max Azria Group, overseeing as many as 21 fashion and accessory brands.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – DeskSite has just launched a digital video entertainment network [...] more »
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial