Study: 86% of Consumers Suffer From Banner Blindness
Infolinks, a global leader in monetizing digital advertising for publishers, brands and their agencies, today released the results of its first proprietary study examining the industry challenge of “banner blindness.” The message seems clear: Brands and publishers need to rethink banner ads.
Results showed that only 14% of respondents recalled the last display ad they saw and the company or product it promoted. Even with today’s sophisticated targeting technology, relevance remains a key challenge with only 2.8% of respondents stating that they thought the ad they saw was relevant to them.
- Half of the users never click on online ads while 35% click on less than 5 ads a month.
- Among online ad viewers, 75% saw the ad on their computer while the remaining 25% saw the ad on their phone or tablet.
Infolinks is also launching a new community site, BannerBlindness.org, to study the growing problem of consumer banner blindness and the broken display advertising marketplace. Infolinks will be studying the psychology of banner blindness throughout the year and welcomes participation from the industry.
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders to [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and