Old-School Vending Machine Staple Goes Digital
From the “You’re never too old” department, Lance, a CPG company best known for its vending-machine snacks, is marking its 100th birthday by working with its agency, BFG, on a robust social sharing campaign on Facebook and Twitter, which launches today.
“While other brands rely on traditional advertising with TV and print executions as staples, BFG is re-launching the iconic brand in line with its 100th birthday without these traditional elements,” said a BFG spokesperson. “The agency isn’t a proponent of big media, and for good reason – it’s not targeted. In order to reach their audience of digitally savvy moms, they’ve created a targeted campaign with a solid foundation in content and gamification. The goal: to be a catalyst for conversation and brand advocacy online to share the facts and change the brand perception within the group.”
A key component of the social campaign is “100 Days to Win” program, where each day for 100 days, text- and photo-based challenges will be announced on the Lance site. Consumers will participate online via social media and blogs and have a chance to win prizes each day and an entry for the grand prize of $100,000 toward a dream birthday party.
“For the past 100 years we’ve been making headlines with delicious new products and promotions,” reads a message on the Lance website. “So be sure to check back to see what our next 100 brings.”
I don’t know about you, but suddenly I’m craving peanut butter sandwich crackers…
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Mobile Moment Targeting–The Lessons from (we know you’re tired of hearing about it) Pokémon Go
- Video Advertising Bureau: TV Brands Dominate Millennials’ Video Viewing
- Retail-Related Mobile Searches Continue Once Customer Enters Store: Hitwise
- Three Marketing Lessons from Pokémon Go (and it’s not about AR)
- IRIS.TV Grabs Two Top Engineers from Yahoo!; ClickDealer and MobAir Join Forces to Launch Global Digital Marketing Group; MPP Global Launches Predictive Churn Functionality