Is Your Favorite Brand a Social Media Power Player?
The steady rise of social media has every company reconsidering marketing strategies and how they sell their products or services. With that in mind, global consulting firm Vivaldi Partners has published a new study measuring the impact of “social currency” and which brands are using social media effectively to target consumers.
The firm surveyed more than 5,000 consumers in the U.S., Germany and the U.K. (from a multimillion online panel), researching several hundred digital and social initiatives over more than 60 brands and businesses.
Vivaldi defines social currency as: “The degree to which customers share a brand or information about a brand with others.” The study looks at the big brands that do the best job on three levels of conversion through social media: “awareness to consideration,” “consideration to purchase/use” and “purchase/use to loyalty.”
Below is Vivaldi’s Top 10 social brands. Click here for the list in its entirety:
1. Subway (Social currency score: 712)
Subway not only benefits from a large Facebook and Twitter audience but it also gets very high engagement scores. Subway fans and followers are very active.
2. Google (709)
Google’s success follows from its large branded ecosystem of products that consumers access in their daily lives.
3. Target (688)
Target succeeds because it attracts consumers using a 360° presence through numerous channels and in different functions to create buzz and awareness.
4. Heineken (665)
Heineken continuously creates high visibility for its brand through social media. Its users engage with its viral campaigns and innovative concepts.
5. (tie) Verizon (661)
Verizon ranks high because of its presence in classic social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. Presence includes running customer support and engaging with customers’ social behaviors.
5. (tie) Dunkin Donuts (661)
Dunkin’ Donuts invested heavily in social media support with dozens of people engaging with customers and tracking responsiveness via social analytics and monitoring tools.
7. Home Depot (652)
Home Depot tries to get customers to think about home improvements, materials and renovating ideas. This happens successfully through Facebook quizzes or innovative design ideas on Pinterest that draw customers back into store. Competitor Lowe’s finished No. 12.
8. Amazon (649)
Amazon has high social features implemented on its site that enhance the shopping experience, resulting in very high affiliation scores that drives repeat purchases
9. Microsoft (647)
Microsoft has integrated itself across social platforms with its push in the mobile operating system market.
10. Walmart (646)
Wal-Mart’s engagement with its customers focuses on a social media strategy, which aims at building local communities to deliver shoppers more personal and targeted deals, as well as information about its stores.
About Vivaldi Partners
Vivaldi Partners is a global strategy consulting firm that helps companies achieve breakthrough levels of profitable and sustainable top-line growth through identifying new demand opportunities, formulating strategies for innovation and growth, building strong brands, and developing actionable marketing strategies.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]