Is Your Favorite Brand a Social Media Power Player?
The steady rise of social media has every company reconsidering marketing strategies and how they sell their products or services. With that in mind, global consulting firm Vivaldi Partners has published a new study measuring the impact of “social currency” and which brands are using social media effectively to target consumers.
The firm surveyed more than 5,000 consumers in the U.S., Germany and the U.K. (from a multimillion online panel), researching several hundred digital and social initiatives over more than 60 brands and businesses.
Vivaldi defines social currency as: “The degree to which customers share a brand or information about a brand with others.” The study looks at the big brands that do the best job on three levels of conversion through social media: “awareness to consideration,” “consideration to purchase/use” and “purchase/use to loyalty.”
Below is Vivaldi’s Top 10 social brands. Click here for the list in its entirety:
1. Subway (Social currency score: 712)
Subway not only benefits from a large Facebook and Twitter audience but it also gets very high engagement scores. Subway fans and followers are very active.
2. Google (709)
Google’s success follows from its large branded ecosystem of products that consumers access in their daily lives.
3. Target (688)
Target succeeds because it attracts consumers using a 360° presence through numerous channels and in different functions to create buzz and awareness.
4. Heineken (665)
Heineken continuously creates high visibility for its brand through social media. Its users engage with its viral campaigns and innovative concepts.
5. (tie) Verizon (661)
Verizon ranks high because of its presence in classic social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. Presence includes running customer support and engaging with customers’ social behaviors.
5. (tie) Dunkin Donuts (661)
Dunkin’ Donuts invested heavily in social media support with dozens of people engaging with customers and tracking responsiveness via social analytics and monitoring tools.
7. Home Depot (652)
Home Depot tries to get customers to think about home improvements, materials and renovating ideas. This happens successfully through Facebook quizzes or innovative design ideas on Pinterest that draw customers back into store. Competitor Lowe’s finished No. 12.
8. Amazon (649)
Amazon has high social features implemented on its site that enhance the shopping experience, resulting in very high affiliation scores that drives repeat purchases
9. Microsoft (647)
Microsoft has integrated itself across social platforms with its push in the mobile operating system market.
10. Walmart (646)
Wal-Mart’s engagement with its customers focuses on a social media strategy, which aims at building local communities to deliver shoppers more personal and targeted deals, as well as information about its stores.
About Vivaldi Partners
Vivaldi Partners is a global strategy consulting firm that helps companies achieve breakthrough levels of profitable and sustainable top-line growth through identifying new demand opportunities, formulating strategies for innovation and growth, building strong brands, and developing actionable marketing strategies.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- RealityMine Acquires USA TouchPoints December 5th 2013 MANCHESTER, U.K., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) — RealityMine, a leading [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]