Google: Purging of Ad-Blocking Apps from Google Play Follows Existing Policy
Google apparently has become more aggressive in enforcing its Android app policy standards, as the Twitterverse lit up yesterday with reports that ad-blocking apps were being purged from Google Play. CNET and Android Police were among the first media outlets to catch on.
Reached for comment on these reports, a Google spokesperson responded simply: “We remove apps from Google Play that violate our policies.”
Google’s press office also pointed us to Android Police’s report as “a good summary” of the situation.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Tremor Video Hires Publisher Veteran Manish Jha to Lead its Supply-Side Platform
- AppNexus Announces Investment at $1.2 Billion Valuation
- L2 Names Scott Ernst CEO to drive Global Expansion & Product Portfolio
- Nasmedia and Lotame Announce Strategic Partnership
- Simulmedia Promotes Julie Nolan to Chief People Officer