Google: Purging of Ad-Blocking Apps from Google Play Follows Existing Policy
Google apparently has become more aggressive in enforcing its Android app policy standards, as the Twitterverse lit up yesterday with reports that ad-blocking apps were being purged from Google Play. CNET and Android Police were among the first media outlets to catch on.
Reached for comment on these reports, a Google spokesperson responded simply: “We remove apps from Google Play that violate our policies.”
Google’s press office also pointed us to Android Police’s report as “a good summary” of the situation.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Outbrain Makes Deal with ESPN: Delivering sponsored content to users
- ChoiceStream Rolls Out Thunderdome
- Sizmek Presents: Ads of the Week March 23rd -27th
- iPinYou Releases 2015 Report: Key Trends & Insights of Programmatic Advertising in China
- News Bits: Allstate’s Takeover Ad at March Madness–It’s Mayhem; Leadspace Doubles Customer Roster; Simulmedia and DoubleVerify Hires