Google: Purging of Ad-Blocking Apps from Google Play Follows Existing Policy
Google apparently has become more aggressive in enforcing its Android app policy standards, as the Twitterverse lit up yesterday with reports that ad-blocking apps were being purged from Google Play. CNET and Android Police were among the first media outlets to catch on.
Reached for comment on these reports, a Google spokesperson responded simply: “We remove apps from Google Play that violate our policies.”
Google’s press office also pointed us to Android Police’s report as “a good summary” of the situation.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Teads Wins Grand Prix, “Best Overall Experience” Award
- All Brands Can Now Have Video–Done with Style
- Sizmek Picks: Ads of the Week–April 13th – 17th
- DoubleVerify Launches New Programmatic Targeting Solutions with The Trade Desk
- RealityMine Expands Behavioral & Contextual Analytics Syndicated Research Biz To 20 Global Markets