Google Enhanced Campaigns: Optimizing Your Ad Copy for Mobile
ADOTAS – With Google Enhanced Campaigns, you can now write ad copy that is “mobile preferred.” The benefit of this is that mobile users may be in a different “on-the-move” frame of mind and be more receptive to different types of messaging.
Practically, this means that you can tick a box next to ad copy so that it will appear on mobiles as the preferred creative, over any regular desktop creative. The reverse is also true: normal text ads will have preference on desktops and tablets over mobile preferred creative so it could still appear on a desktop or tablet device.
When optimizing your existing standard desktop ad copy for mobiles, consider the following:
1. Call to Action. This could be more mobile-oriented, such as “Call Now.” The same keyword would be used to target a desktop, tablet and smartphone user. However, now marketers can reach the smartphone differently to a desktop/tablet user by setting a different bid multiplier.
2. Usability. Google is working on delivering analysis for a complete user journeys across devices – desktop, tablet and smartphone. Your copy and UX should go hand in hand.
3. Offers. Enhanced Campaigns will offer conversion reporting for metrics like calls and app downloads. Draw attention to any special offers that can be redeemed this way in your copy.
New Paid-Search Report
Econsultancy’s newly-updated “Paid Search Marketing (PPC) Best Practice Guide” covers everything you need to know about paid search advertising. Coming in at over 300 pages in length and almost 120,000 words long, the guide will help beginners and experts to plan, create, launch and optimize paid search campaigns and maximize their return on investment. It has been thoroughly updated to include best practice around mobile paid search, integrating paid search with other channels (including offline), and takes into account Google’s new Enhanced Campaigns function.
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]