Google Enhanced Campaigns: Optimizing Your Ad Copy for Mobile
ADOTAS – With Google Enhanced Campaigns, you can now write ad copy that is “mobile preferred.” The benefit of this is that mobile users may be in a different “on-the-move” frame of mind and be more receptive to different types of messaging.
Practically, this means that you can tick a box next to ad copy so that it will appear on mobiles as the preferred creative, over any regular desktop creative. The reverse is also true: normal text ads will have preference on desktops and tablets over mobile preferred creative so it could still appear on a desktop or tablet device.
When optimizing your existing standard desktop ad copy for mobiles, consider the following:
1. Call to Action. This could be more mobile-oriented, such as “Call Now.” The same keyword would be used to target a desktop, tablet and smartphone user. However, now marketers can reach the smartphone differently to a desktop/tablet user by setting a different bid multiplier.
2. Usability. Google is working on delivering analysis for a complete user journeys across devices – desktop, tablet and smartphone. Your copy and UX should go hand in hand.
3. Offers. Enhanced Campaigns will offer conversion reporting for metrics like calls and app downloads. Draw attention to any special offers that can be redeemed this way in your copy.
New Paid-Search Report
Econsultancy’s newly-updated “Paid Search Marketing (PPC) Best Practice Guide” covers everything you need to know about paid search advertising. Coming in at over 300 pages in length and almost 120,000 words long, the guide will help beginners and experts to plan, create, launch and optimize paid search campaigns and maximize their return on investment. It has been thoroughly updated to include best practice around mobile paid search, integrating paid search with other channels (including offline), and takes into account Google’s new Enhanced Campaigns function.
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial