AFAIK: Tapad, PJ Loughran, Pandora, Microsoft, Lotame, AdMonsters, MyPod Studios
ADOTAS –Tapad, a leading provider of unified cross-device advertising solutions, today announced the closing of its Series B rounds of funding for $6.5 million, following a record 2012 fiscal year with a 604% year-over-year growth rate. Publicly traded venture capital fund Firsthand Technology Value Fund, Inc. joined the company’s impressive roster of investors. Founding investors FirstMark Capital and Avalon Ventures also participated in the round. Other Tapad investors include: Metamorphic Ventures, Lerer Ventures, as well as former DoubleClick CEO David Rosenblatt, AppNexus founder Brian O’Kelly, former Huffington Post CEO Eric Hippeau, 24/7 Real Media co-founder Geoff Judge and QUIGO founder and CEO Mike Yavonditte. The financing will be used to maintain Tapad’s pace of growth in the U.S.
Creative and social media innovator PJ Loughran (pictured)and his company, The Distillery, based in Chicago, are joining Superfly Marketing Group, the company behind Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and Googa Mooga. This move, which brings social and creative technology expertise, deepens Superfly Marketing Group’s reputation as a cultural marketing firm, and adds a Midwestern presence. Loughran will take on the roles of Executive Vice President of the Chicago office and Executive Creative Director of the company.
Pandora, the leading Internet radio service, today announced the availability of its popular mobile app on the Windows Phone platform. Pandora listeners on Windows Phone 8 will enjoy ad-free personalized radio at no cost, courtesy of Microsoft, through the 2013 calendar year in addition to features unique to the platform, including Live Tiles and Kid’s Corner. Live Tiles make the Windows Phone experience highly personalized, allowing people to easily access the features and apps where they spend most of their time. Pandora listeners can pin their favorite personalized radio stations right to the Start screen of their phone to see what’s currently playing at a glance and for easy access to stations recently played without having to launch the app. Kid’s Corner offers a worry free way for Windows Phone customers to share their smartphone with the entire family. Launching Pandora in Kid’s Corner will automatically activate the explicit content filter for instant kid-friendly listening.
Lotame, the big data management platform that helps publishers, agencies, and brands better understand their target audience(s) and turn data-driven insights into actions, sponsored today’s release of AdMonster’s DMP Playbook — a comprehensive guide on what publishers need to consider when thinking of investing in a data management platform. The Playbook was launched in conjunction with AdMonsters’ Mashup event last week (also sponsored by Lotame) and was designed to give publishers insight into evaluating the need for a DMP as well as how to choose the most effective DMP for a publisher’s needs.
MyPod Studios (MPS), a premium online video platform that recorded revenues of $7M in 2012, has acquired a 25 percent stake in Bravo Studios, the owner and operator of three “green screen” video studios in New York City. This strategic partnership delivers new opportunities for exposure, creative and new, combined services for both companies. In particular, it adds high-end creative and production services to the MyPod Studios arsenal, furthering the company’s mission to create original, episodic online video content in short, easy to watch segments. Effective immediately, MPS has access to Bravo Studios’ creative staff enabling the company to create high-quality, web-centric and interactive pre-roll ads, as well as the ability to offer creative services to content partners. MPS’ stake in Bravo Studios will also allow it to explore new areas for growth, such as the B2B market, by leveraging Bravo’s vast B2B client base. For Bravo, the deal offers the opportunity to push beyond production by offering its clients distribution and monetization services.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use