AFAIK: Tapad, PJ Loughran, Pandora, Microsoft, Lotame, AdMonsters, MyPod Studios
ADOTAS –Tapad, a leading provider of unified cross-device advertising solutions, today announced the closing of its Series B rounds of funding for $6.5 million, following a record 2012 fiscal year with a 604% year-over-year growth rate. Publicly traded venture capital fund Firsthand Technology Value Fund, Inc. joined the company’s impressive roster of investors. Founding investors FirstMark Capital and Avalon Ventures also participated in the round. Other Tapad investors include: Metamorphic Ventures, Lerer Ventures, as well as former DoubleClick CEO David Rosenblatt, AppNexus founder Brian O’Kelly, former Huffington Post CEO Eric Hippeau, 24/7 Real Media co-founder Geoff Judge and QUIGO founder and CEO Mike Yavonditte. The financing will be used to maintain Tapad’s pace of growth in the U.S.
Creative and social media innovator PJ Loughran (pictured)and his company, The Distillery, based in Chicago, are joining Superfly Marketing Group, the company behind Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and Googa Mooga. This move, which brings social and creative technology expertise, deepens Superfly Marketing Group’s reputation as a cultural marketing firm, and adds a Midwestern presence. Loughran will take on the roles of Executive Vice President of the Chicago office and Executive Creative Director of the company.
Pandora, the leading Internet radio service, today announced the availability of its popular mobile app on the Windows Phone platform. Pandora listeners on Windows Phone 8 will enjoy ad-free personalized radio at no cost, courtesy of Microsoft, through the 2013 calendar year in addition to features unique to the platform, including Live Tiles and Kid’s Corner. Live Tiles make the Windows Phone experience highly personalized, allowing people to easily access the features and apps where they spend most of their time. Pandora listeners can pin their favorite personalized radio stations right to the Start screen of their phone to see what’s currently playing at a glance and for easy access to stations recently played without having to launch the app. Kid’s Corner offers a worry free way for Windows Phone customers to share their smartphone with the entire family. Launching Pandora in Kid’s Corner will automatically activate the explicit content filter for instant kid-friendly listening.
Lotame, the big data management platform that helps publishers, agencies, and brands better understand their target audience(s) and turn data-driven insights into actions, sponsored today’s release of AdMonster’s DMP Playbook — a comprehensive guide on what publishers need to consider when thinking of investing in a data management platform. The Playbook was launched in conjunction with AdMonsters’ Mashup event last week (also sponsored by Lotame) and was designed to give publishers insight into evaluating the need for a DMP as well as how to choose the most effective DMP for a publisher’s needs.
MyPod Studios (MPS), a premium online video platform that recorded revenues of $7M in 2012, has acquired a 25 percent stake in Bravo Studios, the owner and operator of three “green screen” video studios in New York City. This strategic partnership delivers new opportunities for exposure, creative and new, combined services for both companies. In particular, it adds high-end creative and production services to the MyPod Studios arsenal, furthering the company’s mission to create original, episodic online video content in short, easy to watch segments. Effective immediately, MPS has access to Bravo Studios’ creative staff enabling the company to create high-quality, web-centric and interactive pre-roll ads, as well as the ability to offer creative services to content partners. MPS’ stake in Bravo Studios will also allow it to explore new areas for growth, such as the B2B market, by leveraging Bravo’s vast B2B client base. For Bravo, the deal offers the opportunity to push beyond production by offering its clients distribution and monetization services.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than