AFAIK: Compass Labs, TechMediaNetwork, BrightTag, The Weather Company, Bigcommerce
strong>ADOTAS – Devavrat Shah (pictured) has joined the advisory board of Compass Labs, a leading social marketing platform. Shah is currently a Jamieson career development associate professor with the department of electrical engineering and computer science at MIT, where he has been teaching since 2005. He is a member of the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS) and Operations Research Center (ORC). His research focus is on complex networks analysis and large-scale statistical inference, recently developing an algorithm to predict Twitter trending topics hours before Twitter’s own algorithm, providing a new technique for analyzing fluctuations in data over time.
TechMediaNetwork, Inc., one of the fastest-growing technology and science media companies in the world, has appointed Doug Llewellyn as Chief Operating Officer; Mike Kisseberth as Chief Revenue Officer; and John Potter as Chief Technology Officer. The appointments were announced by CEO Greg Mason, a former CBS Interactive, CNET and WebMD executive, who joined TechMediaNetwork in December 2012. Llewellyn was the former Vice President of Corporate and Business Development and National Digital Ad Sales at Manta Media. Prior to that, Llewellyn held executive positions at CBS Interactive. Kisseberth was the President and CEO of IDG Consumer & SMB, a business unit within International Data Group (IDG), where led the growth of PC World and Macworld. Kisseberth has also held high level positions at CNET Networks, Inc., including SVP Corporate Sales and Operations. Potter was a former Vice President of Software Engineering at CBS Interactive, where he led the Engineering, QA, and Operations teams for the CBSi News and CNET business unit. At CBS Interactive, Potter directed technology strategy and the design and development of product catalog, content management, publishing systems, personalization systems, and business intelligence systems for major brands like CNET, CBS News, ZDNet, and Download.com.
BrightTag has hired Tony Bombacino in the new role of Chief Marketing Officer to oversee all aspects of marketing, including strategy, corporate marketing and product marketing worldwide. Bombacino, who reports directly to CEO Mike Sands,was previously the President & CMO of hyperlocal marketing agency Geomentum (Interpublic Group) and served as the CMO for Restaurant.com (a BrightTag client) between 2006-2010. Prior to Restaurant.com, Bombacino was an early employee at search & digital marketing agency Resolution Media (acquired by Omnicom Media Group) serving as VP, Marketing & Client Services and spent many years in various client, agency and consulting leadership roles for United Airlines, Andersen Consulting and more. Most recently, Bombacino was a consultant and advisor to a number of digital B2C and B2B SaaS startups in the Midwest.
The Weather Company (TWC) has added two executives to its growing WeatherFX division. Jeremy Hlavacek has been named to the newly created role of vice president of operations and strategic partnerships, WeatherFX; and Steve Kelley has been appointed to the newly created role of vice president, architecture and research and development, WeatherFX. Hlavacek and Kelley are both based in New York and report to Vikram Somaya, general manager, WeatherFX, The Weather Company. Hlavacek joins TWC from Varick Media Management, where he was vice president of strategy and business operations and was responsible for strategic partnerships in the ad tech/real-time bidding ecosystem, as well as the business and financial operations of the company. His previous experience includes building out digital marketing and gaming experiences at LEGO Toys, directing advertising strategy and business development at Dotmenu (an online food ordering startup acquired by GrubHub), and building out digital experiences for entertainment programming at CBS Television. On the agency side, he has held senior strategic roles at Ogilvy and Cadient Group. Kelley most recently was co-founder and CEO of YieldFire Labs. Prior to that, he held tech, engineering and research and development leadership roles at multiple organizations including Kitara Media, DidIt, Operative Media, Perry Ellis International, Deutsche Bank and Revenue Science. He began his career at Microsoft, where he was group program manager in the Windows division.
Bigcommerce, a leading e-commerce software platform for fast-growth businesses, has announced the results from its $2M integration fund for developers, which launched in early 2012. The new integrations and applications that were built on the Bigcommerce API are now available in the Bigcommerce app directory at http://www.bigcommerce.com/apps.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed