AFAIK: Compass Labs, TechMediaNetwork, BrightTag, The Weather Company, Bigcommerce
strong>ADOTAS – Devavrat Shah (pictured) has joined the advisory board of Compass Labs, a leading social marketing platform. Shah is currently a Jamieson career development associate professor with the department of electrical engineering and computer science at MIT, where he has been teaching since 2005. He is a member of the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS) and Operations Research Center (ORC). His research focus is on complex networks analysis and large-scale statistical inference, recently developing an algorithm to predict Twitter trending topics hours before Twitter’s own algorithm, providing a new technique for analyzing fluctuations in data over time.
TechMediaNetwork, Inc., one of the fastest-growing technology and science media companies in the world, has appointed Doug Llewellyn as Chief Operating Officer; Mike Kisseberth as Chief Revenue Officer; and John Potter as Chief Technology Officer. The appointments were announced by CEO Greg Mason, a former CBS Interactive, CNET and WebMD executive, who joined TechMediaNetwork in December 2012. Llewellyn was the former Vice President of Corporate and Business Development and National Digital Ad Sales at Manta Media. Prior to that, Llewellyn held executive positions at CBS Interactive. Kisseberth was the President and CEO of IDG Consumer & SMB, a business unit within International Data Group (IDG), where led the growth of PC World and Macworld. Kisseberth has also held high level positions at CNET Networks, Inc., including SVP Corporate Sales and Operations. Potter was a former Vice President of Software Engineering at CBS Interactive, where he led the Engineering, QA, and Operations teams for the CBSi News and CNET business unit. At CBS Interactive, Potter directed technology strategy and the design and development of product catalog, content management, publishing systems, personalization systems, and business intelligence systems for major brands like CNET, CBS News, ZDNet, and Download.com.
BrightTag has hired Tony Bombacino in the new role of Chief Marketing Officer to oversee all aspects of marketing, including strategy, corporate marketing and product marketing worldwide. Bombacino, who reports directly to CEO Mike Sands,was previously the President & CMO of hyperlocal marketing agency Geomentum (Interpublic Group) and served as the CMO for Restaurant.com (a BrightTag client) between 2006-2010. Prior to Restaurant.com, Bombacino was an early employee at search & digital marketing agency Resolution Media (acquired by Omnicom Media Group) serving as VP, Marketing & Client Services and spent many years in various client, agency and consulting leadership roles for United Airlines, Andersen Consulting and more. Most recently, Bombacino was a consultant and advisor to a number of digital B2C and B2B SaaS startups in the Midwest.
The Weather Company (TWC) has added two executives to its growing WeatherFX division. Jeremy Hlavacek has been named to the newly created role of vice president of operations and strategic partnerships, WeatherFX; and Steve Kelley has been appointed to the newly created role of vice president, architecture and research and development, WeatherFX. Hlavacek and Kelley are both based in New York and report to Vikram Somaya, general manager, WeatherFX, The Weather Company. Hlavacek joins TWC from Varick Media Management, where he was vice president of strategy and business operations and was responsible for strategic partnerships in the ad tech/real-time bidding ecosystem, as well as the business and financial operations of the company. His previous experience includes building out digital marketing and gaming experiences at LEGO Toys, directing advertising strategy and business development at Dotmenu (an online food ordering startup acquired by GrubHub), and building out digital experiences for entertainment programming at CBS Television. On the agency side, he has held senior strategic roles at Ogilvy and Cadient Group. Kelley most recently was co-founder and CEO of YieldFire Labs. Prior to that, he held tech, engineering and research and development leadership roles at multiple organizations including Kitara Media, DidIt, Operative Media, Perry Ellis International, Deutsche Bank and Revenue Science. He began his career at Microsoft, where he was group program manager in the Windows division.
Bigcommerce, a leading e-commerce software platform for fast-growth businesses, has announced the results from its $2M integration fund for developers, which launched in early 2012. The new integrations and applications that were built on the Bigcommerce API are now available in the Bigcommerce app directory at http://www.bigcommerce.com/apps.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than