Winners and Losers: The Grammys on Twitter
To figure it out, Whispr Group, a social media intelligence agency (Spotify is among its clients), looked at all publicly available Grammy tweets posted on February 10, 2013 – spanning nominees, performances, red carpet looks, memorable moments, hashtags, etc. – and created a very cool infographic to highlight the event’s winners and losers in the eyes of the Twitter crowd (click it below to zoom in).
Here are just a few of the infographic’s insights per the Whispr Group:
- Tweets about this year’s Grammys increased +29% as compared to last year.
- Disappointed Ed Sheeran fans caused him to be the most buzzed about nominee on Twitter, bringing in nearly 32% more tweets than Taylor Swift (the second most buzzed about nominee).
- Although Justin Timberlake wasn’t nominated for an award, his show stopping retro performance received the highest positive feedback (89%), snagged him the most new followers on Twitter (+86K), and landed him one of the most buzzed about style icons on the red carpet.
- Taylor Swift’s “One Direction Diss” may have caused a war between fans on Twitter, but she was still able to snag +76K new followers.
- Adele’s dress landed her as one of the most buzzed about starlets at the Grammys, but unfortunately for all the wrong reasons, receiving only 55% positive sentiment.
- Carrie Underwood’s anime dress was the most tweeted about style, pulling in 90% favorable discussions.
- Rihanna & Chris Brown’s “snuggle” at the Grammys was the among the most controversial, and also most discussed Grammy moments with over 144K Tweets.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Honda’s Double-Sided Story on YouTube Allows Users to Switch Between Perfectly Parallel Lives
- Innovid Breaks Down The Anatomy of the Fragmented Consumer In The Cross-Device Video Landscape
- PunchTab Releases 2014 Holiday Shopping Insights: 90% of Consumers Will Shop Online
- Publicis Groupe Acquires Data-Driven Digital Ad Management Platform RUN
- Twitter Stock Drops After Less Than Stellar Third Quarter Earnings Report