Super Bowl Ads on Social Media: The Winners and Losers
This year’s Super Bowl ads with the most online mentions across the social web were Go Daddy, Doritos and Volkswagen, according to social media intelligence company, NetBase. But the commercial with the most positive chatter was Best Buy (followed by Taco Bell), while the most negative was for Go Daddy (only 15% positive).
The graphic attached compares 8 of the 15 most buzzed about commercials by mentions, sentiment and passion intensity. The amount of chatter about a brand’s commercial is indicated by the size of the bubble, while the placement of the bubble shows the sentiment (from top to bottom) and the intensity of passion (from left to right).
15 most mentioned commercials during Super Bowl Sunday:
Time frame is 2/2/13 9 p.m. PT – 2/3/13 10 p.m. PT
- Go Daddy (249,273 mentions: 14.67% positive)
- Doritos (137,509 mentions, 90.87% pos)
- Pepsi (47,176 mentions, 69.99% pos)
- Volkswagen (31,052 mentions, 84.08% pos)
- Budweiser (24,658 mentions, 83.37% pos)
- Dodge Ram (19,619 mentions, 77.66% pos)
- Taco Bell (19,783 mentions, 93.20% pos)
- Calvin Klein (16,532 mentions, 75.17% pos)
- NFL (Leon Sandcastle) (12,700 mentions, 91.54% pos)
- BlackBerry (10,773 mentions, 55.36% pos)
- Mercedes (9,465 mentions, 63.11% pos)
- Oreos (8,122 mentions, 89.97% pos)
- Best Buy (6,771 mentions, 95.24% pos)
- Wonderful Pistachios (5,585 mentions, 64.54% pos)
- Jeep (4,729 mentions, 84.47% pos)
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Influencer Marketing–The Key to Getting Around Ad Blocking?
- The True ROI of Online Video Advertising: A Nielsen Media Lab Report
- RTB Case Study: Why businesses should use more than one retargeter
- Measuring Mobile Ads and Apps: What Are You Missing?
- Mobile User Acquisition Fraud: The YouAppi Solution