Study: Tablet and Mobile Video Viewing Doubled in 2012
Ooyala has released its Global Video Index: 2012 Year in Review, offering key insights into how viewers watch video online around the world. The Video Index affirms that consumer video viewing is shifting online and explains why content providers are experimenting with new types of premium content and delivery methods.
Key findings in the Global Video Index include:
- Viewers watched live video 18 times longer on desktops, five times longer on tablets and four times longer on mobile than video-on-demand content in Q4.
- Branded video views surged 91 percent from the start of the quarter to their peak in mid-December.
- Hours spent watching streaming video on tablets and mobile increased 100 percent in 2012.
- iPhone users watched twice as much video on their phones than Android users did in 2012.
- Approximately one third of total time spent watching tablet video last quarter was with premium, long-form content running more than 60 minutes.
“Streaming video has crossed an inflection point and it’s now a necessary channel for both consumers as well as broadcasters, brands and media companies around the world,” said Jay Fulcher, CEO of Ooyala, in a press release. “The data we provide in this report, and direct to our customers, is critical to understanding how consumers are engaging with video online. These insights help our customers deliver more engaging, personalized video experiences, and as a result, make more money from online video.”
- Pingback from Study: Tablet And Mobile Video Viewing Doubled In 2012 | Monetizevideo.tvMonetizevideo.tv
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s