Study: Tablet and Mobile Video Viewing Doubled in 2012
Ooyala has released its Global Video Index: 2012 Year in Review, offering key insights into how viewers watch video online around the world. The Video Index affirms that consumer video viewing is shifting online and explains why content providers are experimenting with new types of premium content and delivery methods.
Key findings in the Global Video Index include:
- Viewers watched live video 18 times longer on desktops, five times longer on tablets and four times longer on mobile than video-on-demand content in Q4.
- Branded video views surged 91 percent from the start of the quarter to their peak in mid-December.
- Hours spent watching streaming video on tablets and mobile increased 100 percent in 2012.
- iPhone users watched twice as much video on their phones than Android users did in 2012.
- Approximately one third of total time spent watching tablet video last quarter was with premium, long-form content running more than 60 minutes.
“Streaming video has crossed an inflection point and it’s now a necessary channel for both consumers as well as broadcasters, brands and media companies around the world,” said Jay Fulcher, CEO of Ooyala, in a press release. “The data we provide in this report, and direct to our customers, is critical to understanding how consumers are engaging with video online. These insights help our customers deliver more engaging, personalized video experiences, and as a result, make more money from online video.”
- Pingback from Study: Tablet And Mobile Video Viewing Doubled In 2012 | Monetizevideo.tvMonetizevideo.tv
Leave a Comment
- Innovid Breaks Down The Anatomy of the Fragmented Consumer In The Cross-Device Video Landscape
- PunchTab Releases 2014 Holiday Shopping Insights: 90% of Consumers Will Shop Online
- Publicis Groupe Acquires Data-Driven Digital Ad Management Platform RUN
- Twitter Stock Drops After Less Than Stellar Third Quarter Earnings Report
- According to New PWC Study Most Mobile Ad Traffic is from Accidental Clicks