Social Study: 45% of Viewers Will Research Brands Based on Super Bowl Spots
Now that the Super Bowl is over, the real fun is just beginning as advertisers scramble to measure the impact of ad campaigns and commercials that premiered during the game. While Twitter and Instagram have released social trend data about the uptick of social sharing and hashtag usage during the Super Bowl, social advertising company RadiumOne just released a targeted survey that sheds light on the closed-loop effectiveness of Super Bowl advertising, hashtag usage, and social brand engagement on mobile devices during the game.
According to the survey results, 45% of respondents said they will research a brand based on the Super Bowl commercials. Here are more of the survey results:
- 24% said they watch the Super Bowl primarily for the commercials, and 13% said the halftime show held more interest than the game itself.
- 45% of respondents said they posted online to there social networks through their mobile devices about the Super Bowl while 33% said they posted on social networks about the commercials.
- 20% said they hashtagged about the Super Bowl commercials while watching the game and of these people, 24% said people commented or reposted their hashtags.
- Of the commercials, survey respondents said they remembered the spots for Volkswagen, Kia and Hyundai the most.
Are there any stats on the effectiveness of the hashtags brands placed within their commercials? While tweeting during the game, I was overwhelmed by all the alternative hashtags, both for the commercials/brands and the game itself. Just curious how brands gauge social effectiveness when that happens.
- Pingback from Super Bowl Ads: Facts and Figures | Kona Digital
Leave a Comment
- DoubleVerify Launches New Programmatic Targeting Solutions with The Trade Desk
- RealityMine Expands Behavioral & Contextual Analytics Syndicated Research Biz To 20 Global Markets
- What You Need to Know About the Amended Yahoo / Microsoft Deal
- Viral Video Ads: What it takes to capture 18 million views
- Simulmedia Extends “Better Business Outcomes” Guarantee To Digital Ads