Social Study: 45% of Viewers Will Research Brands Based on Super Bowl Spots
Now that the Super Bowl is over, the real fun is just beginning as advertisers scramble to measure the impact of ad campaigns and commercials that premiered during the game. While Twitter and Instagram have released social trend data about the uptick of social sharing and hashtag usage during the Super Bowl, social advertising company RadiumOne just released a targeted survey that sheds light on the closed-loop effectiveness of Super Bowl advertising, hashtag usage, and social brand engagement on mobile devices during the game.
According to the survey results, 45% of respondents said they will research a brand based on the Super Bowl commercials. Here are more of the survey results:
- 24% said they watch the Super Bowl primarily for the commercials, and 13% said the halftime show held more interest than the game itself.
- 45% of respondents said they posted online to there social networks through their mobile devices about the Super Bowl while 33% said they posted on social networks about the commercials.
- 20% said they hashtagged about the Super Bowl commercials while watching the game and of these people, 24% said people commented or reposted their hashtags.
- Of the commercials, survey respondents said they remembered the spots for Volkswagen, Kia and Hyundai the most.
Are there any stats on the effectiveness of the hashtags brands placed within their commercials? While tweeting during the game, I was overwhelmed by all the alternative hashtags, both for the commercials/brands and the game itself. Just curious how brands gauge social effectiveness when that happens.
- Pingback from Super Bowl Ads: Facts and Figures | Kona Digital
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed