Social Study: 45% of Viewers Will Research Brands Based on Super Bowl Spots
Now that the Super Bowl is over, the real fun is just beginning as advertisers scramble to measure the impact of ad campaigns and commercials that premiered during the game. While Twitter and Instagram have released social trend data about the uptick of social sharing and hashtag usage during the Super Bowl, social advertising company RadiumOne just released a targeted survey that sheds light on the closed-loop effectiveness of Super Bowl advertising, hashtag usage, and social brand engagement on mobile devices during the game.
According to the survey results, 45% of respondents said they will research a brand based on the Super Bowl commercials. Here are more of the survey results:
- 24% said they watch the Super Bowl primarily for the commercials, and 13% said the halftime show held more interest than the game itself.
- 45% of respondents said they posted online to there social networks through their mobile devices about the Super Bowl while 33% said they posted on social networks about the commercials.
- 20% said they hashtagged about the Super Bowl commercials while watching the game and of these people, 24% said people commented or reposted their hashtags.
- Of the commercials, survey respondents said they remembered the spots for Volkswagen, Kia and Hyundai the most.
Are there any stats on the effectiveness of the hashtags brands placed within their commercials? While tweeting during the game, I was overwhelmed by all the alternative hashtags, both for the commercials/brands and the game itself. Just curious how brands gauge social effectiveness when that happens.
- Pingback from Super Bowl Ads: Facts and Figures | Kona Digital
Leave a Comment
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really