Social Study: 45% of Viewers Will Research Brands Based on Super Bowl Spots
Now that the Super Bowl is over, the real fun is just beginning as advertisers scramble to measure the impact of ad campaigns and commercials that premiered during the game. While Twitter and Instagram have released social trend data about the uptick of social sharing and hashtag usage during the Super Bowl, social advertising company RadiumOne just released a targeted survey that sheds light on the closed-loop effectiveness of Super Bowl advertising, hashtag usage, and social brand engagement on mobile devices during the game.
According to the survey results, 45% of respondents said they will research a brand based on the Super Bowl commercials. Here are more of the survey results:
- 24% said they watch the Super Bowl primarily for the commercials, and 13% said the halftime show held more interest than the game itself.
- 45% of respondents said they posted online to there social networks through their mobile devices about the Super Bowl while 33% said they posted on social networks about the commercials.
- 20% said they hashtagged about the Super Bowl commercials while watching the game and of these people, 24% said people commented or reposted their hashtags.
- Of the commercials, survey respondents said they remembered the spots for Volkswagen, Kia and Hyundai the most.
Are there any stats on the effectiveness of the hashtags brands placed within their commercials? While tweeting during the game, I was overwhelmed by all the alternative hashtags, both for the commercials/brands and the game itself. Just curious how brands gauge social effectiveness when that happens.
- Pingback from Super Bowl Ads: Facts and Figures | Kona Digital
Leave a Comment
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Native has become [...] more »
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery December 4th 2013 DURHAM, NC, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Appia, the leading mobile user [...] more »
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM December 4th 2013 Kitara Media Acquires Top Health Video Site HealthGuru.com from Kitara [...] more »
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising December 4th 2013 EMERYVILLE, Calif., December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, TubeMogul was [...] more »
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’ December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the year’s most anticipated films, “Ender’s [...] more »
- LiveRail Touts $100 Million Run Rate, Preps for IPO in 2014 December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — The demand for programmatic advertising has exploded, with [...] more »
- Infographic: Branded Video Sharing Almost 50X Higher In 2013 Than In 2006 December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — The sharing of [...] more »
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results December 2nd 2013
- Disappointing Black Friday Sales? It’s Not Too Late to Profit from the Holidays December 2nd 2013
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig
- Gamers Gain Elite Status with Cadillac Campaign | Raldo Loijens: [...] a push to brand the elite gamers as Cadillac Elite. Cadillac Elite is being
- David: I hope my SEO-customers with semi-big brands do not read this - they might be