Shutl Sets up Shop in North America to Help ‘Clicks and Mortar’ Retailers Take on Amazon with Same-Hour Delivery
SAN FRANCISCO (February 26, 2013) – Shutl, the leader in same-hour and same-day ecommerce delivery, today announces the official launch of its North American operation. Shutl’s service goes live next month in New York City, San Francisco, and Chicago, and will roll out to sixteen additional metros in the coming months.
Shutl is a branded same-day delivery option enabling multi-channel (aka, “clicks and mortar”) retailers to offer delivery of online orders either within minutes of purchase or within a convenient one-hour window of choice. The service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, typically costing less than $10 per order, and is often offered free. A third of Shutl’s orders are delivered within an hour, with the fastest ecommerce delivery to date recorded at just 14 minutes and 58 seconds.
Shutl’s point-to-point delivery model is the only one of its kind to have been proven at scale, having operated to much acclaim throughout the U.K. for the last three years, where Shutl works with many of the country’s leading retailers. Today, Shutl has thousands of subcontracted couriers on its platform who are completing tens of thousands of deliveries every day.
As a part of the launch, Steven Chien (pictured) joins Shutl as Vice President & General Manager of North America. Steven will draw from a rich background in ecommerce including positions as COO at social shopping site Kaboodle and VP of Business Development for price comparison shopping engine Nextag. Steven will focus on spearheading continued growth and momentum of Shutl out of its North American headquarters in San Francisco.
“The ecommerce industry is about to take another giant step forward with the launch of Shutl’s innovative delivery solution. I’m thrilled to be joining Shutl – there is a clear, growing need for consumer-centric options and Shutl will meet this,” comments Chien. “Shutl will be a great partner for those multi-channel retailers looking to better compete with Amazon and provide new ways to delight their customers.”
Once Shutl completes its rollout in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco, it will continue into Phase II of the launch, expanding to Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, Washington, Montreal, and Toronto. This aggressive launch was primed by last year’s announcement of Shutl securing over $6 million in funding from investors including UPS, e.ventures and Notion Capital to accelerate North American plans.
“We shop online because it is fast and convenient — two things that delivery is not,’” says Tom Allason, CEO and Founder, Shutl. “Shutl is bringing delivery up to speed by giving shoppers what they want, when they want it.”
Shutl is a branded same-day and same-hour delivery platform, connecting multi-channel retailers with local same-day couriers to provide a fast, convenient and cost-efficient delivery service for shoppers. Consumers can receive their purchases within minutes of ordering or choose a convenient 1-hour window for an average cost of $10 or less. Shutl’s service operates 24/7 and can be offered at a comparable price to standard delivery, often for free. Shutl’s point-to-point delivery model is the only one of its kind to have been proven at scale. It has been successful in the UK for the past three years and launched in North America in 2013. Find out more at www.shutl.com.
- Pingback from Move Over, Groupon: Amazon Flexes Its Muscles with Local Deals, Same-Day Delivery Service
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than