Shutl Sets up Shop in North America to Help ‘Clicks and Mortar’ Retailers Take on Amazon with Same-Hour Delivery
SAN FRANCISCO (February 26, 2013) – Shutl, the leader in same-hour and same-day ecommerce delivery, today announces the official launch of its North American operation. Shutl’s service goes live next month in New York City, San Francisco, and Chicago, and will roll out to sixteen additional metros in the coming months.
Shutl is a branded same-day delivery option enabling multi-channel (aka, “clicks and mortar”) retailers to offer delivery of online orders either within minutes of purchase or within a convenient one-hour window of choice. The service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, typically costing less than $10 per order, and is often offered free. A third of Shutl’s orders are delivered within an hour, with the fastest ecommerce delivery to date recorded at just 14 minutes and 58 seconds.
Shutl’s point-to-point delivery model is the only one of its kind to have been proven at scale, having operated to much acclaim throughout the U.K. for the last three years, where Shutl works with many of the country’s leading retailers. Today, Shutl has thousands of subcontracted couriers on its platform who are completing tens of thousands of deliveries every day.
As a part of the launch, Steven Chien (pictured) joins Shutl as Vice President & General Manager of North America. Steven will draw from a rich background in ecommerce including positions as COO at social shopping site Kaboodle and VP of Business Development for price comparison shopping engine Nextag. Steven will focus on spearheading continued growth and momentum of Shutl out of its North American headquarters in San Francisco.
“The ecommerce industry is about to take another giant step forward with the launch of Shutl’s innovative delivery solution. I’m thrilled to be joining Shutl – there is a clear, growing need for consumer-centric options and Shutl will meet this,” comments Chien. “Shutl will be a great partner for those multi-channel retailers looking to better compete with Amazon and provide new ways to delight their customers.”
Once Shutl completes its rollout in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco, it will continue into Phase II of the launch, expanding to Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, Washington, Montreal, and Toronto. This aggressive launch was primed by last year’s announcement of Shutl securing over $6 million in funding from investors including UPS, e.ventures and Notion Capital to accelerate North American plans.
“We shop online because it is fast and convenient — two things that delivery is not,’” says Tom Allason, CEO and Founder, Shutl. “Shutl is bringing delivery up to speed by giving shoppers what they want, when they want it.”
Shutl is a branded same-day and same-hour delivery platform, connecting multi-channel retailers with local same-day couriers to provide a fast, convenient and cost-efficient delivery service for shoppers. Consumers can receive their purchases within minutes of ordering or choose a convenient 1-hour window for an average cost of $10 or less. Shutl’s service operates 24/7 and can be offered at a comparable price to standard delivery, often for free. Shutl’s point-to-point delivery model is the only one of its kind to have been proven at scale. It has been successful in the UK for the past three years and launched in North America in 2013. Find out more at www.shutl.com.
- Pingback from Move Over, Groupon: Amazon Flexes Its Muscles with Local Deals, Same-Day Delivery Service
Leave a Comment
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]