Digitas Merges with LBi
The Publicis Groupe is merging Digitas and LBi to create a leading digital agency global network (5,700 strong. 25+ countries). Luke Taylor (pictured), chief executive of LBi, has been named Global CEO of the newly formed DigitasLBi.
The Publicis Groupe acquired the Amsterdam-based LBi last September in a deal valued at more than $52 million.
According to a company spokesperson, Colin Kinsella continues to lead Digitas USA, and no changes planned for North America in the short term.
“What we now have with LBi is greater reach on the other side of the Atlantic and in Asia,” said the spokesperson via email. “LBi (2,000 staffers), whose concentration is primarily in Europe, brings a complementary technology suite to Digitas. Digitas brings to LBi a ‘big idea’ culture, anchored in data, CRM, and performance marketing as well as our own real-time newsroom, BrandLIVE. In other words, complementary geography, complementary skills/services. All in, this is great news. Scale. Reach. Platform Technology to help our clients grow and expand.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Centro Hires Michael Bruns as Chief Financial Officer
- Yahoo to Acquire Flurry to Strengthen Mobile Products
- MediaMath Joins NYC Downtown’s Growing New Economy with Move to 4 World Trade Center
- Intent Media Closes $22.7 Million Financing Round Led by Insight Venture Partners
- SocialToaster joins the IZEA Exchange to Leverage Sponsored Social Marketing