Brown Steps Down, Battell Steps Back In as Federated Media CEO
Today Deanna Brown announced she is leaving her role as CEO of Federated Media Publishing (FMP). John Battelle will assume the duties of CEO in addition to his current role as Executive Chairman of the Board.
Battelle founded FMP in 2005 and is eager to lead the company as it embraces a rapidly evolving industry landscape. Brown is heavily invested in FMP and she will be working closely with Battelle throughout the month of March to ensure a seamless transition.
As the leader of FMP for the past three and a half years, Brown and team have successfully diversified FMP’s revenue streams, rolled out new product offerings and restructured core business processes. She and team were also responsible for growing FMP’s network which now outranks Yahoo!, AOL and Microsoft in audience reach according to comScore.
“I’m thrilled with the way that Federated Media Publishing is currently positioned and am tremendously excited to take on a more active role in the business,” said Battelle. “Our conversational marketing and programmatic offerings are now a standard for scores of Fortune 500 brands and I look forward to sharing our story firsthand with key advertising, publishing and industry partners.”
“FMP continues to lead the industry in both premium and programmatic opportunities for publishers and advertisers and I’m truly proud of what we’ve accomplished as a team over the past few years,” said Brown. “As for me, I’ll be announcing my next venture in a couple weeks, so stay tuned for that news.”
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Battelle expands on his return to the FMP helm in his blog.)
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Brown Steps Down, Battell Steps Back In as Federated Media CEOToday Deanna Brown announced she is leaving her role as CEO of Federated Media Publishing (FMP). John Battelle will assume [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]