AFAIK: SpotXchange, Federated Media, DG Media Mind, The Weather Company, Viralheat, Integral Ad Science, Tealium, Dailybreak, Undertone, Yieldex
Here’s what cropped up on our virtual radar this week:
SpotXchange, which bills itself as the largest global marketplace of digital video ad inventory, has experienced explosive growth in its video RTB marketplace as the platform saw 10 times the revenue growth and a 596% increase in global bid requests from 2011 to 2012, according to a press release. This growth is supported by the addition of several new RTB partners – including Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, VideoHub, Acuity, Brand.net, Digilant, and Struq. In addition, from 2011 to 2012 SpotXchange’s RTB marketplace has: experienced a 10X increase in global RTB impressions; increased EU impressions 35x and APAC impressions 7x; expanded international reach, with over 45 countries receiving bid requests for video RTB; increased the number of media buying organizations purchasing inventory via RTB to more than 50; and shared more than 15 parameters to RTB Platforms for every impression, including whether the content associated with the ad is UGC or professionally produced, initiation type (auto-initiated versus user-initiated), partner specific user ID, full path referring URL, content vertical of the site and more.
Federated Media has appointed Evan Krauss (pictured) as Chief Revenue Officer. Evan will be based in the company’s New York offices and will be charged with driving revenue through Federated Media’s conversational marketing and programmatic buying programs. A 17-year veteran in Internet, mobile and digital media, Mr. Krauss has held senior roles at companies including Yahoo!, AOL, Excite, JumpTap, Looksmart and Agency.com. Most recently, he was EVP of Advertising Sales at Shazam, and SVP of Global Ad Sales and Business Development at JumpTap.
Yahoo! JAPAN has begun deploying DG MediaMind’s ad serving technology platform for rich media ads on its GyaO! subsidiary, Japan’s largest free video streaming site. The launch is the first of a series of deployments to be implemented following the signing of a multi-faceted partnership agreement between the two companies late last year. MediaMind’s ad technology solutions will enable Yahoo! JAPAN to more effectively develop and deliver rich and creative video and display advertisements, enabling advertisers to more effectively use Internet advertising as a branding vehicle and resolve other Internet advertising challenges. In addition, the effectiveness of the rich media ads on GyaO! will be measured using MediaMind’s Dwell metrics, which are designed to measure and visualize the extent to which users are engaging with ads, including impressions of ads which users intentionally choose to engage and the length of time these users maintain engagement.
The Weather Company (TWC) has named Denise Chudy (pictured) to the newly created position of vice president of local platform sales strategy. In this role, Chudy is responsible for developing the business model, including product and sales strategy, for TWC’s hyper-local platform (HLP), a new division focused on expanding the company’s leadership in the local and mobile space. Chudy reports to Matthew Corbin, general manager of local platform & business development. TWC also appointed Gail McGovern, president and CEO of the American Red Cross, to its board of directors.
Viralheat, the social media marketing suite provider, has launched its new Smart Stream, calling it the first unified, web-based social media account management, monitoring and analytics application for brands. Part of Viralheat’s roll out of its entirely redesigned user interface to more than 12,000 brands, Smart Stream creates a more intuitive experience for social media managers to maximize their social media efficiency and efficacy. Users can customize smart filters to view relevant brand mentions by keyword, hashtag and more from any combination of platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, blogs, YouTube, etc. Users can save these customized filters for quick access, and even engage with their audience directly from the stream through replies, comments, retweets and more. This gives social media managers a real-time, big-picture perspective on their social media performance with the ability to drill down into granular detail to measure specific audience response, according to a Viralheat press release.
Media valuation platform Integral Ad Science has appointed Niall Hogan (pictured) as UK Managing Director, a new position for the company. Hogan was selected to lead the expansion of business in the UK and across Europe. Hogan brings to the position nearly a decade and a half of experience in developing and growing online digital and technology businesses. Prior to joining Integral, Hogan served in a variety of key management positions at Adotube UK, Tribal Fusion, Hearst Digital, Emap and Capital Radio PLC. In line with responsibility for Integral’s European sales and growth, Hogan is slated to set up several regional offices and will oversee key hires across the region.
Tealium has moved to a new multi-CDN (content delivery network) architecture, giving it what it claims is the fastest tag management delivery network in the world, and ensuring optimal performance for its clients. Previously, Tealium used a single-CDN approach (via Limelight Networks) to serve its clients’ digital marketing vendor tags around the world. To add further speed and redundancy, the company has added two other high-powered CDNs, Akamai Networks and Edgecast, to create a “marketplace effect” for tag delivery.
Dailybreak, the digital platform that delivers consumer activation at scale, has hired Mike Jensen (pictured) to spearhead sales for the West Coast. Jensen joins Dailybreak with a 15-year track record as a top revenue producer for organizations such AOL and The Wall Street Journal. Additionally, Jensen has expertise in strategic partnerships and the development of marketing initiatives with a focus on rapid expansion. He’s Dailybreak’s first West Coast employee.
Undertone, which creates digital advertising solutions for brands, has launched the Undertone Viewable Impression Guarantee, offering the assurance that advertiser campaigns running across Undertone’s Preferred Publisher Portfolio will beat an aggregated industry benchmark for display ad viewability. The working definition of a viewable impression from 3MS (Making Measurement Make Sense) is a display ad unit that is fifty percent in view for at least one second. For the launch of the Viewable Impression Guarantee, Undertone has partnered with DoubleVerify and Moat to provide viewability measurement. Viewability data gathered from these providers will be compared against Undertone’s benchmark, and Undertone will issue make-good impressions to any advertiser whose campaigns do not meet the benchmark.
Yieldex, the leading provider of inventory and revenue management solutions for digital publishers, has named Liza Cichowski (pictured) as director of marketing. Cichowski will be responsible for marketing communications, event coordination and sales support, reporting directly to Yieldex CEO Andy Nibley. Cichowski was most recently director of marketing communications at PubMatic and has also worked as a marketing strategist at DoubleVerify, marketing director at Yahoo’s Right Media, and director of client relations at The NewsMarket (now MediaLink).
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]