AFAIK: SpotXchange, Federated Media, DG Media Mind, The Weather Company, Viralheat, Integral Ad Science, Tealium, Dailybreak, Undertone, Yieldex
Here’s what cropped up on our virtual radar this week:
SpotXchange, which bills itself as the largest global marketplace of digital video ad inventory, has experienced explosive growth in its video RTB marketplace as the platform saw 10 times the revenue growth and a 596% increase in global bid requests from 2011 to 2012, according to a press release. This growth is supported by the addition of several new RTB partners – including Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, VideoHub, Acuity, Brand.net, Digilant, and Struq. In addition, from 2011 to 2012 SpotXchange’s RTB marketplace has: experienced a 10X increase in global RTB impressions; increased EU impressions 35x and APAC impressions 7x; expanded international reach, with over 45 countries receiving bid requests for video RTB; increased the number of media buying organizations purchasing inventory via RTB to more than 50; and shared more than 15 parameters to RTB Platforms for every impression, including whether the content associated with the ad is UGC or professionally produced, initiation type (auto-initiated versus user-initiated), partner specific user ID, full path referring URL, content vertical of the site and more.
Federated Media has appointed Evan Krauss (pictured) as Chief Revenue Officer. Evan will be based in the company’s New York offices and will be charged with driving revenue through Federated Media’s conversational marketing and programmatic buying programs. A 17-year veteran in Internet, mobile and digital media, Mr. Krauss has held senior roles at companies including Yahoo!, AOL, Excite, JumpTap, Looksmart and Agency.com. Most recently, he was EVP of Advertising Sales at Shazam, and SVP of Global Ad Sales and Business Development at JumpTap.
Yahoo! JAPAN has begun deploying DG MediaMind’s ad serving technology platform for rich media ads on its GyaO! subsidiary, Japan’s largest free video streaming site. The launch is the first of a series of deployments to be implemented following the signing of a multi-faceted partnership agreement between the two companies late last year. MediaMind’s ad technology solutions will enable Yahoo! JAPAN to more effectively develop and deliver rich and creative video and display advertisements, enabling advertisers to more effectively use Internet advertising as a branding vehicle and resolve other Internet advertising challenges. In addition, the effectiveness of the rich media ads on GyaO! will be measured using MediaMind’s Dwell metrics, which are designed to measure and visualize the extent to which users are engaging with ads, including impressions of ads which users intentionally choose to engage and the length of time these users maintain engagement.
The Weather Company (TWC) has named Denise Chudy (pictured) to the newly created position of vice president of local platform sales strategy. In this role, Chudy is responsible for developing the business model, including product and sales strategy, for TWC’s hyper-local platform (HLP), a new division focused on expanding the company’s leadership in the local and mobile space. Chudy reports to Matthew Corbin, general manager of local platform & business development. TWC also appointed Gail McGovern, president and CEO of the American Red Cross, to its board of directors.
Viralheat, the social media marketing suite provider, has launched its new Smart Stream, calling it the first unified, web-based social media account management, monitoring and analytics application for brands. Part of Viralheat’s roll out of its entirely redesigned user interface to more than 12,000 brands, Smart Stream creates a more intuitive experience for social media managers to maximize their social media efficiency and efficacy. Users can customize smart filters to view relevant brand mentions by keyword, hashtag and more from any combination of platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, blogs, YouTube, etc. Users can save these customized filters for quick access, and even engage with their audience directly from the stream through replies, comments, retweets and more. This gives social media managers a real-time, big-picture perspective on their social media performance with the ability to drill down into granular detail to measure specific audience response, according to a Viralheat press release.
Media valuation platform Integral Ad Science has appointed Niall Hogan (pictured) as UK Managing Director, a new position for the company. Hogan was selected to lead the expansion of business in the UK and across Europe. Hogan brings to the position nearly a decade and a half of experience in developing and growing online digital and technology businesses. Prior to joining Integral, Hogan served in a variety of key management positions at Adotube UK, Tribal Fusion, Hearst Digital, Emap and Capital Radio PLC. In line with responsibility for Integral’s European sales and growth, Hogan is slated to set up several regional offices and will oversee key hires across the region.
Tealium has moved to a new multi-CDN (content delivery network) architecture, giving it what it claims is the fastest tag management delivery network in the world, and ensuring optimal performance for its clients. Previously, Tealium used a single-CDN approach (via Limelight Networks) to serve its clients’ digital marketing vendor tags around the world. To add further speed and redundancy, the company has added two other high-powered CDNs, Akamai Networks and Edgecast, to create a “marketplace effect” for tag delivery.
Dailybreak, the digital platform that delivers consumer activation at scale, has hired Mike Jensen (pictured) to spearhead sales for the West Coast. Jensen joins Dailybreak with a 15-year track record as a top revenue producer for organizations such AOL and The Wall Street Journal. Additionally, Jensen has expertise in strategic partnerships and the development of marketing initiatives with a focus on rapid expansion. He’s Dailybreak’s first West Coast employee.
Undertone, which creates digital advertising solutions for brands, has launched the Undertone Viewable Impression Guarantee, offering the assurance that advertiser campaigns running across Undertone’s Preferred Publisher Portfolio will beat an aggregated industry benchmark for display ad viewability. The working definition of a viewable impression from 3MS (Making Measurement Make Sense) is a display ad unit that is fifty percent in view for at least one second. For the launch of the Viewable Impression Guarantee, Undertone has partnered with DoubleVerify and Moat to provide viewability measurement. Viewability data gathered from these providers will be compared against Undertone’s benchmark, and Undertone will issue make-good impressions to any advertiser whose campaigns do not meet the benchmark.
Yieldex, the leading provider of inventory and revenue management solutions for digital publishers, has named Liza Cichowski (pictured) as director of marketing. Cichowski will be responsible for marketing communications, event coordination and sales support, reporting directly to Yieldex CEO Andy Nibley. Cichowski was most recently director of marketing communications at PubMatic and has also worked as a marketing strategist at DoubleVerify, marketing director at Yahoo’s Right Media, and director of client relations at The NewsMarket (now MediaLink).
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – DeskSite has just launched a digital video entertainment [...] more »
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial