AFAIK: Honda, MediaBrix, Rightster, MediaShift, Travora Media, Adap.tv, Marketo, LSN Mobile
Here’s what our virtual drum circle is pounding out today:
Honda has partnered with MediaBrix on a fully integrated, immersive and interactive advertising experience within SongPop as part of the company’s launch of the 2013 Civic. The campaign kicked off yesterday. Honda reportedly is also the first automotive company to feature a branded playlist on SongPop, which includes music by the featured artist in the Civic commercials. Through the Music Awards Mix branded playlist, Honda will become an integral part of the gameplay, reaching the large (60 million players), dedicated SongPop user base.
- acquired Preview Networks, Europe’s leading distributor of movie trailers, allowing Rightster to roll out YouTube services out across Europe and to establish itself as having one of the largest YouTube Multi Channel Network footprints in the world. Preview Networks, with 35 employees, will add more than 300 rights holders and 2,500 publishers including Disney, MTV and Sony, while extending Rightster’s presence in France, Germany, Italy and Spain as well as the Nordic markets.
- secured the rights to offer live and on demand Australian Football League games outside Australia and New Zealand. Rightster will manage subscription packages as well as the technology required to provide footage to computers, tablets and smartphones.
- appointed Skype’s Scott Leishman as Global VP of Talent and Resourcing, bolstering Rightster’s senior team in line with rapid company expansion.
JMG Exploration, Inc., soon to be renamed MediaShift, Inc., has completed its second acquisition in the digital advertising space by acquiring Travora Media, a leading travel ad network. MediaShift will be leveraging the ad technology of AdVantage Networks, a wholly owned subsidiary, to enhance Travora’s offerings with more robust tech-based solutions for advertisers and publishers. An initial focus will be on enhancing data profiles to allow for deeper audience segmentation and richer data insights. With over 30 million unique visitors per month, according to a press release, Travora and AdVantage Networks will offer advertisers one of the largest audience platforms targeting on-the-go consumers.
Adap.tv is touting its new In-Target Audience Optimization technology as an industry first that enables advertisers to maximize delivery against demographic audiences as measured by verification providers such as Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings and comScore validated Campaign Essentials. Developed on the Adap.tv Platform, In-Target Audience Optimization is designed to dramatically reduce this waste using a proprietary algorithm to predict audience composition across any publisher, and enable buyers to specify their desired demographic and instantly forecast their in-target delivery, in-target CPM and TRP estimates. Adap.tv technology then targets impressions that are expected to index high against Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings and comScore validated Campaign Essentials while minimizing ad spend. For publishers, In-Target Audience Optimization aims to give sellers the ability to deliver TV-like targeting against their inventory and increase yield against lucrative demo segments.
Marketo will release what it’s calling its flagship guide, “The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation” on Tuesday, February 12. Previous guides have focused on Lead Nurturing, Marketing Metrics and Analytics, Lead Scoring, Social Marketing and most recently, Event Marketing.)
LSN Mobile has named Louis K. Gump (pictured) as president and chief executive officer. Gump, who will lead the overall strategic direction of the company, including day-to-day operations and team development, will also become a member of the board of directors. Current CEO and co-founder Lee Durham will remain as executive chairman and will transition to lead business development for the company. Durham’s primary operational role will be to cultivate LSN Mobile’s growing network of affiliates and partners. Gump, who has more than 20 years experience in mobile media, technology and business development, comes to LSN Mobile from CNN, where he was the global VP of mobile and was responsible for its global mobile strategy and growth. Before that, he was vice president of mobile with The Weather Channel.
Leave a Comment
- What is value exchange and how is it an answer to ad blocking and fraud?
- Nielsen Total Audience Report Asks: With Nearly Unlimited Content Options, How Many Do Consumers Really Use?
- Advertiser Perceptions Report: 2016 Upfront/NewFronts Have Renewed Influence On Advertiser Spending
- UnrulyX, an Outstream Video SSP, To Unify Demand Sources For Publishers
- CIMM Partners with 4A’s to Explore Best Practices In Cross-Platform Attribution and ROI Analysis