AFAIK: Forbes’ Most Promising Firms, Opera, Affiliate Window, Brandwatch, Rakuten LinkShare, Anametrix, Dachis Group, Marketing Zen, Datonics, MediaMath, IMN
Here’s what’s charting now on the digital marketing hit parade:
Rocket Fuel was named No. 4 on the 2013 Forbes Most Promising Companies in America. Rocket Fuel was the top-ranked of six digital ad companies in the top 50, which also includes OpenX (7), Adroll (30), ShareThis (35), Rubicon (40) and BlueKai (50).
Anametrix, the cloud-based, real-time digital analytics platform, has hired ex-WebSideStory executive and Tealium co-founder Olivier Silvestre (pictured) as VP of client success. Silvestre will lead Anametrix’s efforts in ensuring clients drive full business value with their marketing campaigns, including lowering customer-acquisition costs, increasing customer retention, predicting purchase patterns and accelerating customer lifetime value. In the past quarter alone Anametrix has substantially expanded contracts within its Fortune 1,000 client base and added several new customers, such as Condé Nast, EvoFem and Yellow Pages Canada, according to a press release. Silvestre will build his department to support client needs.
Opera Mediaworks’ Q4 State of the Mobile Advertising report shows unprecedented growth in mobile advertising. The report indicates that Q4 was a record quarter, with more than a two-times increase in impressions and revenue to publishers compared to any other quarter in 2012. Android is on the rise, influenced by the adoption of the Samsung Galaxy S III. The iOS platform is still on top for monetization, but Android smartphones edged out the iPhone by about two percentage points for market share of global impression volume. Music, Video and Media is the top category for impressions, accounting for 21.4%. Also, North American mobile ad dominance shrinks as global players emerge. From Q3 to Q4, the number of ad requests from North America went from 70% of the global total to 64% due to the growth of international traffic. In particular, the Russian Federation has emerged with significant growth in ad requests (60%) from the beginning of Q2 to the end of Q4 last year, largely due to adoption of Android devices.
Affiliate Window’s latest mobile and m-commerce stats are now available for download. Among the key findings, 13.97% of all sales were through mobile devices, including tablets, down from 14.72% in December (5.72% of sales in devices other than tablets, down from 5.8% in December). 19.63% of traffic came through mobile, up from 19.04% in December (11.32% if tablet traffic is stripped out, up from 11.11% in December). Mobile traffic is converting at 3.43%, down from 4.37% in December.
Rakuten LinkShare’s new online shopping data from its performance marketing network offers deeper insight into consumerValentine’s Day purchasing behaviors. According to the data, the top three sales categories for the years 2010-2012 were luxury items, jewelry and flowers. Further, the highest overall sales spike across these top three categories occurs from February 6-10, with February 8 being the day with the highest peak, on average, in online sales. However, each category has its own sales peaks: online luxury sales peak on February 9; jewelry sales increase consistently from January 30 through February 10, with the peak occurring the first weekend in February; and online orders for flowers spike from February 5-13, with the peak occurring on the 13th.
Brandwatch, a leading global provider of social analytics and monitoring, announced record 2012 growth including a 600% spike in US revenues and overall company growth of 90% YoY. The company credits this explosive momentum in part to what Brandwatch didn’t give clients – extraneous information. In the complex and rapidly-evolving space of social media analytics, CEO and Founder Giles Palmer has made it his mission to cut out data volume and noise in favor of smarter precision and analysis, which has served its roster of global clients (Dell, Waggener Edstrom, and Whirlpool, to name a few) well, according to a press release.
Data-driven social marketing solutions firm Dachis Group announced that Peter Kim (pictured), the company’s first employee and former Chief Strategy Officer, has returned in the newly created role of Chief Solutions Architect. Kim rejoins the company after five months at R/GA, where he served as VP Managing Director, Business Transformation. As Chief Solutions Architect, Kim will be responsible for the continuous definition, development, and delivery of data-driven social marketing solutions for Dachis Group’s global clients and client prospects. He will focus on the creation of modular, customizable social marketing programs tailor-made for brands that fully exploit the power of Dachis Group’s big data social analytics applications and platform.
Haggar Clothing Co. has selected The Marketing Zen Group, an award winning, Dallas-based firm, to lead the social media initiatives for the Haggar® and LK Life Khaki™ brands. The agency will provide social media engagement, social media strategy, online community management, and digital content development across platforms, with number of upcoming campaigns and events on tap.
Online data company Datonics has partnered with leading digital media-buying platform and services company MediaMath to integrate Datonics data within the MediaMath TerminalOne platform. Datonics’ 350+ pre-packaged and unlimited number of custom keyword-derived segments, based on consumers’ recently conducted searches for products and services, enable marketers to engage with consumers who are most likely to respond to their offering. This data, which is being made available to MediaMath TerminalOne via server-to-server integration, is expected to maximize media-buyer ROI by facilitating precise online ad campaign targeting.
IMN has launched Loyalty Driver Premier, a marketing campaign manager for automotive dealers that integrates dealer management system (DMS) data and behavioral data from newsletter campaigns to deliver relevant and timely messages to customers and prospects from a single platform. The integration of historical and transactional data will allow the delivery of more targeted, proactive email marketing campaigns and drive better results.
Leave a Comment
- Vibes CIO Talks Amazon’s GoPago Grab, iBeacon Integration
- Americans on Healthcare.gov: Amazon and Google Can Do It Better
- UPDATED: Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$?
- New Vindico Adtricity Report Finds Nearly 60% of Digital Video Ads Lack the Opportunity to Be Seen by a Viewer
- Visual IQ and BlueKai Deepen Strategic Partnership
Adknowledge CPM Email Advertising Showing ‘Google-Like’ ResultsKANSAS CITY, Mo., December 16, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge’s email channel, AdStation, has announced CPM-based pricing for email advertisers and [...] more...
- Vibes CIO Talks Amazon’s GoPago Grab, iBeacon Integration December 18th 2013 ADOTAS — Numerous U.S. media outlets have picked up on [...] more »
- Americans on Healthcare.gov: Amazon and Google Can Do It Better December 18th 2013 ADOTAS – The much-publicized troubled launch of the Obama administration’s [...] more »
- UPDATED: Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$? December 18th 2013 ADOTAS – If you’re a Facebook user, you’ve likely noticed [...] more »
- New Vindico Adtricity Report Finds Nearly 60% of Digital Video Ads Lack the Opportunity to Be Seen by a Viewer December 18th 2013 NEW YORK, December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Leading video ad server Vindico [...] more »
- Visual IQ and BlueKai Deepen Strategic Partnership December 18th 2013 NEEDHAM, Mass., December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Visual IQ, the leading [...] more »
- xAd Finds Retail Related Mobile Search Activity is 24% Greater on Christmas Eve Than Black Friday December 17th 2013 NEW YORK, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – xAd, the only global [...] more »
- Sojern Secures $10 Million in Series C Funding Led by Triangle Peak Partners December 17th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Sojern, the world’s [...] more »
- Giving Up on Mobile? You’re Not Alone: What Brands Can Learn from Uber December 18th 2013
- Naughty or Nice: How the Big Man Assesses Your Holiday Display Campaigns December 18th 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: How Multichannel Saved Multiplaz Over $200K Using a New Method for Fighting Ad Fraud December 18th 2013
- Why The Future of Mobile Ad Tech is SaaS: 3 Lessons from Enterprise Software December 17th 2013
- Hulu Wants to Become Part of Pay-TV December 16th 2013
- Reporting & Analytics
- Sr. Account Manager: Advertising client management
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- EXCLUSIVE: Multichannel Saves Multiplaz Over $200K, Combats Ad Fraud: [...] for advertisers is relying on computer algorithms to determine the best placement for ads
- Bobby Wells: I can understand the utility of ad blockers for a number of reasons - especially
- Jay: Hulu went from a legal alternative to PeekVid to a cable channel.
- Adblock Plus Fuels the Debate over Native Ads: [...] advertisers and publishers to define parameters for the native ad format and recently published