ad:tech San Francisco Issues Call for Entries for 2013 Startup Spotlight
DALLAS (February 20, 2013) – ad:tech San Francisco, the leading and most diverse digital marketing event in the country, announced the Startup Spotlight Series call for entries is now open. Startup Spotlight is looking for the most innovative companies within digital marketing to compete in two challenges: Mobile Commerce and Social Engagement. The competition will be held at ad:tech San Francisco in April; brand partners will be announced within the coming weeks. Applications are being accepted from now until Thursday, February 28.
Eight finalists will be chosen from all of the submissions, with four participants in each of the two categories. All finalists will be given the opportunity to attend and exhibit free-of-charge at ad:tech San Francisco in Innovation Alley (a $4,500 value), and pitch live onstage.
Each startup will pitch their business to a panel of brand judges, who will then select two startups in their respective categories to win the ad:tech Innovation Award, and the chance to take their pitch in-house.
Challenge details are:
- The Mobile Commerce Challenge is aimed at startups that can make mobile a real sales channel for brands. The product or service that wins will help marketers wade through the barcodes, coupons and check-ins to find the right tactics for driving mobile purchases.
- The Social Engagement Challenge is for platforms and services that help marketers fully leverage social channels to create, syndicate and promote their content across a variety of devices – including tablets, phones and connected TVs.
“Point Inside had a great experience with the Startup Spotlight Series,” said Todd Sherman, CMO, Point Inside, ad:tech New York 2012 Innovation Award-winning startup. “It was an interesting challenge and the interactions with the judges made it both exciting and insightful. It also raised Point Inside’s profile with a number of key audiences that we otherwise would not have had the opportunity to connect with.”
“Unilever, having awarded Placed with the ad:tech New York 2012 Innovation Award in Mobile Commerce, highlighted the company as a foundational piece in driving investment in mobile and location,” said David Shim, Founder, Placed. “The recognition from Unilever and ad:tech continues to drive visibility for Placed within the industry, raising awareness and inbound interest from those who want to leverage what makes mobile unique: location.”
Beyond the Startup Spotlight series, ad:tech is a resource for all startup companies, providing these companies a way to showcase their solutions to the rest of the industry through Innovation Alley, a feature area on the expo floor.
“ad:tech has always been a supporter of new, innovative startups,” said Rebecca Jennings, Sales Director, ad:tech. “Innovation Alley was created to showcase startup companies with ground-breaking technologies in the digital marketing area. We have affordable, turnkey options for these original companies so they can enjoy the benefits of being an exhibitor at ad:tech.”
- To submit your entry to the call for startups, please visit: http://bit.ly/VUbjea
- To register for ad:tech San Francisco 2013, visit www.na.ad-tech.com/sf
- To participate in Innovation Alley or to sponsor ad:tech, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @adtech on Twitter and join the conversation using #adtechsf
ad:tech is an interactive advertising and technology conference and exhibition that covers the entire digital marketing ecosystem. Worldwide events – 10 shows in seven countries annually – blend keynote speakers, topic-driven panels and workshops to provide industry professionals with the tools and techniques they need to compete in a changing world. For more information, visit www.ad-tech.com.
ad:tech is owned by dmg :: events, which was founded in 1989 and now organizes over 80 events in 25 countries each year. Headquartered in Stamford, Conn., it is currently active in North America, the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia, employing more than 300 staff. dmg :: events is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Daily Mail and General Trust plc, one of the largest media companies in the United Kingdom. For more information on dmg :: events, visit www.dmgevents.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Does Your Company Have a Chief Localization Officer?
- AdTheorent’s Travel & Tourism Industry Mobile Ad Performance Analyses
- The Next Stage of Programmatic: Uniting Brand CMOs with Publisher CROs
- Toi’s iOS App Genee Launches into Public Beta
- Stephen Pickens, VP at Kre8 Media, Is Moderator at OMMA Attribution Event; Marcelo Ferreira Is Co-CEO of RevMob; Paul Grueber and Sunil Bhagwan Join AppsFlyer