Top 3 CES Parties with Swagger
Quite the opposite, in fact. Look at these guys:
[CES 1967, photo via TheVerge.com]
Part “Mad Men,” part Brigitte Bardot — they clearly know what’s up. Throughout its 46-year history, the annual Consumer Electronics Show has always attracted the party crowd and put on the sickest soirees. Supermodels, rockstars and athletes mix it up with tried and true blue-blooded geeks – and not just because they’re paid to.
Why then, you may ask. Because behind the thick black-framed glasses are some of the biggest cultural innovators in the world. These are the people who invent how we play, jam to music, meet up with friends and make interpersonal sparks fly. CES is as much a showing of hot technology as it is a showing of hot swag. Caché is no longer measured in bling alone; an unreleased smartphone is a new marker of ballerdom. Last year, CES saw both Justins and a Snooki talking about user interface design. Clearly it’s hip to be square.
But the convention center floor is not where top brands flex their taste-making prowess, it’s at the after party. Invite-only events up and down the Las Vegas Strip that dictate how we’re going to interact with technology and culture. If you can score an invitation, these are the 3 CES parties you want to be at:
- Skullcandy Navigator Launch Party: Tuesday night at PURE Nightclub above Caesar’s Palace, a VIP open bar and performance by Wale. It’s gonna get TechCrunk in here: this is the venue where Britney Spears passed during the New Years party she was supposed to be hosting, and Wale’s “Lotus Flower Bomb” elevates him out of his previous “featuring” rap cameos.
- PTTOW! & Cirque Du Soleil Dinner: All cards on the table (yes, that is a Vegas pun), this is my party. PTTOW! already has a reputation for its invite-only gatherings of the most innovative business leaders and culture makers from across industries. This dinner takes place in the Zumanity Theater at New York, New York, a casual meeting of business’ biggest wigs and the most intimate performance Cirque Du Soleil actors have ever given. Be jealous.
- Tweet House’s Thunderbirds Demonstration: A Friday afternoon opportunity to let your childhood geek come out and play. A private airshow by the US Airforce Thunderbirds, playtime at the Cyber training center and an intimate look to see network defense from the front lines. It sounds like they’ll let you steer the robot that diffuses explosives.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Simulmedia, a targeted [...] more »
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than