More articles by Naseem Javed
The Bright Future in New Age Advertising: The Big List of Big Facts
Facts: There are some 100 top diluted names being shared by 100 million businesses around the world each chasing ownership dreams while being assured of some level of protection.
Facts: Domain name expansion is unstoppable, the global hunger for brand name visibility is irresistible and the clash of the two is now inevitable.
Facts: The combined annual global advertising expenditures mostly spent in pursuit of building name brands is about $400 billon USD.
Facts: The name identity is the most important and valuable component of a brand while a domain name is still the most undervalued and misunderstood component of the e-commerce.
Facts: The ICANN gTLD game is not just for everyone or for any business. It’s a highly tactical device that needs the right housing to nurture it under a special agenda.
Facts: In the right combination, a gTLD dot name is the most economical tool for the fastest global name identity expansion, with the most maximum impact, ever.
Facts: Regardless where a DOT is placed in a domain name of any type or size it’s a “name” and therefore must conform to rules of corporate nomenclature and trademark laws.
Facts: Less than 2 percent of business executives have any significant level of depth to articulate on the dot name topic and lead their teams.
Facts: So far dot names are being driven by registries, registrars, domainers, lawyers and Icannistas, the absence of frontline marketers is creating a fog of war.
Facts: The booming trademark procedures and high costs of the centuries’ old system are overly stretched, and now fear dot names as a possible alternate.
Facts: Based on the current trajectory, ICANN and global domain name expansion may become the alternate power house to global name identity protection issues.
Facts: Outside a very small percentage, most business names from last century cannot be stretched over the marketing canvas of global ecommerce.
Facts: Dictionary words, for the first time, acquire special “generic brand protection power” as they will start to dominate cyber traffic flow as dot names.
Facts: The first round dictionary word generic dot names can be classified into three categories; Safe journeys, Bumpy roads, Lost in the jungle, winners and losers select their lanes.
Facts: The first round objection period didn’t produce any dot brand name objections as anticipated from the get go, but opposition projected of sky falling.
Facts: The runaway success of few dozen dot names from the first 1,500 applications will encourage tenfold the number of new applicants in the next round.
Facts: The Facebook and Social Media strips the brand names as they appear as “naked words” in social chit chat. Facebook has yet to show a model for brand name expansion while shares fall.
Facts: Massive digitization will further compress the old-fashioned graphic campaigns into micro mobile name-centric messages, where brand name identity will be the single main differentiator.
Trademark “Clearance” House TMCH as it is currently being proposed will not work. The highly technical designated team members among other things must be expert on global naming complexities and trademark procedures. Most corporations are confused or scared to face the possibilities of losing old their own names spanning decades. The generic dot names owners have the next hurdle of bidding and launching their “billion dollar domain name babies.” The registries, registrars, domainers and nouveau domain rich players have tremendous new shared responsibilities to ensure fair games.
The opposition from the advertising agencies of the world will fade away as the dot names are launched. The global marketing scene will turn upside down for a while. New age wisdom will flourish.
Excerpted with permission from Metrostate Syndicate, from the book “Image Supremacy” by Naseem Javed www.imagesupremacy.com being released today.
- Pingback from Lastest Advertising News | QNUEE | WEB IN ONE
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at 1 p.m. EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft will unveil its next generation Xbox today [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and