The Bright Future in New Age Advertising: The Big List of Big Facts
Facts: There are some 100 top diluted names being shared by 100 million businesses around the world each chasing ownership dreams while being assured of some level of protection.
Facts: Domain name expansion is unstoppable, the global hunger for brand name visibility is irresistible and the clash of the two is now inevitable.
Facts: The combined annual global advertising expenditures mostly spent in pursuit of building name brands is about $400 billon USD.
Facts: The name identity is the most important and valuable component of a brand while a domain name is still the most undervalued and misunderstood component of the e-commerce.
Facts: The ICANN gTLD game is not just for everyone or for any business. It’s a highly tactical device that needs the right housing to nurture it under a special agenda.
Facts: In the right combination, a gTLD dot name is the most economical tool for the fastest global name identity expansion, with the most maximum impact, ever.
Facts: Regardless where a DOT is placed in a domain name of any type or size it’s a “name” and therefore must conform to rules of corporate nomenclature and trademark laws.
Facts: Less than 2 percent of business executives have any significant level of depth to articulate on the dot name topic and lead their teams.
Facts: So far dot names are being driven by registries, registrars, domainers, lawyers and Icannistas, the absence of frontline marketers is creating a fog of war.
Facts: The booming trademark procedures and high costs of the centuries’ old system are overly stretched, and now fear dot names as a possible alternate.
Facts: Based on the current trajectory, ICANN and global domain name expansion may become the alternate power house to global name identity protection issues.
Facts: Outside a very small percentage, most business names from last century cannot be stretched over the marketing canvas of global ecommerce.
Facts: Dictionary words, for the first time, acquire special “generic brand protection power” as they will start to dominate cyber traffic flow as dot names.
Facts: The first round dictionary word generic dot names can be classified into three categories; Safe journeys, Bumpy roads, Lost in the jungle, winners and losers select their lanes.
Facts: The first round objection period didn’t produce any dot brand name objections as anticipated from the get go, but opposition projected of sky falling.
Facts: The runaway success of few dozen dot names from the first 1,500 applications will encourage tenfold the number of new applicants in the next round.
Facts: The Facebook and Social Media strips the brand names as they appear as “naked words” in social chit chat. Facebook has yet to show a model for brand name expansion while shares fall.
Facts: Massive digitization will further compress the old-fashioned graphic campaigns into micro mobile name-centric messages, where brand name identity will be the single main differentiator.
Trademark “Clearance” House TMCH as it is currently being proposed will not work. The highly technical designated team members among other things must be expert on global naming complexities and trademark procedures. Most corporations are confused or scared to face the possibilities of losing old their own names spanning decades. The generic dot names owners have the next hurdle of bidding and launching their “billion dollar domain name babies.” The registries, registrars, domainers and nouveau domain rich players have tremendous new shared responsibilities to ensure fair games.
The opposition from the advertising agencies of the world will fade away as the dot names are launched. The global marketing scene will turn upside down for a while. New age wisdom will flourish.
Excerpted with permission from Metrostate Syndicate, from the book “Image Supremacy” by Naseem Javed www.imagesupremacy.com being released today.
- Pingback from Lastest Advertising News | QNUEE | WEB IN ONE
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]