Opinion: FTC’s Google Ruling a Victory for Free Speech
After a two-year investigation, the Federal Trade Commission concluded this week that Google’s search practices did not violate antitrust law. Those who wanted to see an epic battle like the one the government fought with Microsoft in the 1990s were sorely disappointed. But the analogy to the browser war of the Web’s early days was never the right one. It failed to capture the dangers free speech would have faced if regulators had agreed with Google’s critics.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Americans on Healthcare.gov: Amazon and Google Can Do It Better
- New Vindico Adtricity Report Finds Nearly 60% of Digital Video Ads Lack the Opportunity to Be Seen by a Viewer
- Visual IQ and BlueKai Deepen Strategic Partnership
- Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$?
- xAd Finds Retail Related Mobile Search Activity is 24% Greater on Christmas Eve Than Black Friday
Adknowledge CPM Email Advertising Showing ‘Google-Like’ ResultsKANSAS CITY, Mo., December 16, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge’s email channel, AdStation, has announced CPM-based pricing for email advertisers and [...] more...
- Americans on Healthcare.gov: Amazon and Google Can Do It Better December 18th 2013 ADOTAS – The much-publicized troubled launch of the Obama administration’s [...] more »
- New Vindico Adtricity Report Finds Nearly 60% of Digital Video Ads Lack the Opportunity to Be Seen by a Viewer December 18th 2013 NEW YORK, December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Leading video ad server Vindico [...] more »
- Visual IQ and BlueKai Deepen Strategic Partnership December 18th 2013 NEEDHAM, Mass., December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Visual IQ, the leading [...] more »
- Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$? December 17th 2013 ADOTAS – If you’re a Facebook user, you’ve likely noticed [...] more »
- xAd Finds Retail Related Mobile Search Activity is 24% Greater on Christmas Eve Than Black Friday December 17th 2013 NEW YORK, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – xAd, the only global [...] more »
- Sojern Secures $10 Million in Series C Funding Led by Triangle Peak Partners December 17th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Sojern, the world’s [...] more »
- Lindsay Lohan Lends Star Power to ‘Just Sing It’ Re-Launch December 17th 2013 ADOTAS – Just Sing It on iOS has been re-launched [...] more »
- Giving Up on Mobile? You’re Not Alone: What Brands Can Learn from Uber December 18th 2013
- Naughty or Nice: How the Big Man Assesses Your Holiday Display Campaigns December 18th 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: How Multichannel Saved Multiplaz Over $200K Using a New Method for Fighting Ad Fraud December 18th 2013
- Why The Future of Mobile Ad Tech is SaaS: 3 Lessons from Enterprise Software December 17th 2013
- Hulu Wants to Become Part of Pay-TV December 16th 2013
- Sr. Account Manager: Advertising client management
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- EXCLUSIVE: Multichannel Saves Multiplaz Over $200K, Combats Ad Fraud: [...] for advertisers is relying on computer algorithms to determine the best placement for ads
- Bobby Wells: I can understand the utility of ad blockers for a number of reasons - especially
- Jay: Hulu went from a legal alternative to PeekVid to a cable channel.
- Adblock Plus Fuels the Debate over Native Ads: [...] advertisers and publishers to define parameters for the native ad format and recently published