Online Video Search Is Here: New App Enables Viewing of Up to 9 Simultaneous Videos
Ever wanted to find just the right video for your next business presentation, lecture or viewing party? With so much multimedia content scattered across the Internet, Vuemix addresses a need to have an easy way to search, stream and watch videos from a single aggregated platform. Released this week, the new iPad app gives users the ability to preview multiple streaming videos across different categories like: Sports, Movies, Fashion, Technology, News and Music – all from your tablet computer.
(SUBSCRIBE TO THE ADOTAS NEWSLETTER AT THE
BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!)
While the new app touts the ability to view up to 9 videos on the screen simultaneously to help simplify video selection and consumption, personally this may lead to sensory overload. This streaming technology with multiple active video windows lets you see what is happening on each web video channel, much like the picture-in-picture function that is available in most televisions. I must admit, though, that this feature is pretty cool and reminds me of staring at several security camera feeds at the same time, all on one screen.
Started by founder and CEO Govind Kizhepat, Vuemix operates not only as a consumer application, but also as a platform. He tells us that by dynamically combining multiple video clips into a “single video stream of active video tiles, the Vuemix platform is able to deliver a custom interactive experience that is not possible using today’s conventional video platforms.”
What sets this new app apart from competing platforms, is its built-in search algorithm that mimics Google’s text-based search functionality. People can use Vuemix to search for videos in the same way to perform a text search by simply entering in a topic that interests them. They are they presented with search results in video format and can instantly choose which video they wish to view.
As VentureBeat reports, Yahoo, Google, and other video companies crawl the web for video. Vuemix takes this one step further. It indexes the pages, but it also grabs the videos and indexes them continuously. Then it separates the videos into categories. Extracting video is an extremely complex matter, Kizhepat said.
“We have a sophisticated browser emulator in the crowd to grab the videos,” he said. “Once it is grabbed, it is indexed. Then, once it is indexed, we cache it. Caching has been around for a while” with companies such as Akamai. But as a user, you click on a video and they send you one video stream. With Vuemix, the videos are dynamically transcoded (converted instantaneously) in the cloud and mixed into a single stream. It changes the formatting from HTML5 to Flash or another format, as needed.
Another cool feature built into the app, is the ability to create personal video ‘mixes’ to share with your friends on Facebook. People can select their favorite clips and string them together into a visual collection that friends can view at their leisure, on their own device.
According to Kizhepat, “The app has been in beta with about 200 users and we have been tuning the performance and making the UI better for the last 9 months.”
The Vuemix platform gives content creators the flexibility to create immersive and customizable multi-tile video experiences akin to the new Windows Tiles interface on new Microsoft products. Vuemix is fully compatible with existing Web and HTTP standards, and replays video formats dynamically across iPads, Android devices, Apple laptops, and Windows desktop computers. You can upgrade your app for a $2.99 in-app purchase after a “trial” period. The app works with version 5 of Apple’s iOS operating system.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and