More Mars/Venus Data that Should Resonate with Super Bowl Advertisers
An overwhelming amount of ad execs will tell you that the way they target their ads is based on demographics. We all know it’s been a longstanding practice in the industry, but how far is getting them? New data from Resonate takes a look at the values of female and male sports fans with the aim of helping advertisers engage with the right audience by finding out what motivates them.
- Male sports fans are more likely than female ones to base purchases on values around personal happiness (enjoyment, personal freedom/control) and achievement. Females are more likely to base purchases on values around sense of self (pride, self-esteem, self-image) societal responsibility (societal responsibility, preserve the environment), and family and friends (close family/friends, sharing experiences).
- Additionally, females are more likely to look for products that are produced sustainably, fun/exciting, and good looking while men are looking for innovation.
- There are also some areas of purchase that differ. Therefore, Superbowl advertisers of these products can tap into the core values and attributes driving purchasing based in part on the differences in the genders that they want to reach. For men, these products are beer, liquor, insurance intent, and auto intent. For women, these products are tea/coffee, yogurt, wine, apparel, and children’s products.
As you watch Superbowl ads, scorecard in hand, here’s how advertisers play the field against the sexes:
- Male and female sports-watchers are looking to score different points during the shopping process: Men are seeking feelings of achievement (40% more likely) and personal freedom and control (75% more likely). Female fans are looking for self-esteem and shared experiences (65% and 63% more, respectively.
- Advertisers know who does the buying in the family: Male game-watchers are more likely to be purchasers of beer, liquor, cars, and insurance (quite the combination!). Women in front of the set are more likely to buy the wine, clothes, and stuff for the kids.
- Women who watch the game are shopping for more than products: They’re shopping for brands which embody “sustainability” (21% more likely), where men are moved more by “innovation” (17% more likely).
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]