More Mars/Venus Data that Should Resonate with Super Bowl Advertisers
- Male sports fans are more likely than female ones to base purchases on values around personal happiness (enjoyment, personal freedom/control) and achievement. Females are more likely to base purchases on values around sense of self (pride, self-esteem, self-image) societal responsibility (societal responsibility, preserve the environment), and family and friends (close family/friends, sharing experiences).
- Additionally, females are more likely to look for products that are produced sustainably, fun/exciting, and good looking while men are looking for innovation.
- There are also some areas of purchase that differ. Therefore, Superbowl advertisers of these products can tap into the core values and attributes driving purchasing based in part on the differences in the genders that they want to reach. For men, these products are beer, liquor, insurance intent, and auto intent. For women, these products are tea/coffee, yogurt, wine, apparel, and children’s products.
As you watch Superbowl ads, scorecard in hand, here’s how advertisers play the field against the sexes:
- Male and female sports-watchers are looking to score different points during the shopping process: Men are seeking feelings of achievement (40% more likely) and personal freedom and control (75% more likely). Female fans are looking for self-esteem and shared experiences (65% and 63% more, respectively.
- Advertisers know who does the buying in the family: Male game-watchers are more likely to be purchasers of beer, liquor, cars, and insurance (quite the combination!). Women in front of the set are more likely to buy the wine, clothes, and stuff for the kids.
- Women who watch the game are shopping for more than products: They’re shopping for brands which embody “sustainability” (21% more likely), where men are moved more by “innovation” (17% more likely).
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s