More Mars/Venus Data that Should Resonate with Super Bowl Advertisers
- Male sports fans are more likely than female ones to base purchases on values around personal happiness (enjoyment, personal freedom/control) and achievement. Females are more likely to base purchases on values around sense of self (pride, self-esteem, self-image) societal responsibility (societal responsibility, preserve the environment), and family and friends (close family/friends, sharing experiences).
- Additionally, females are more likely to look for products that are produced sustainably, fun/exciting, and good looking while men are looking for innovation.
- There are also some areas of purchase that differ. Therefore, Superbowl advertisers of these products can tap into the core values and attributes driving purchasing based in part on the differences in the genders that they want to reach. For men, these products are beer, liquor, insurance intent, and auto intent. For women, these products are tea/coffee, yogurt, wine, apparel, and children’s products.
As you watch Superbowl ads, scorecard in hand, here’s how advertisers play the field against the sexes:
- Male and female sports-watchers are looking to score different points during the shopping process: Men are seeking feelings of achievement (40% more likely) and personal freedom and control (75% more likely). Female fans are looking for self-esteem and shared experiences (65% and 63% more, respectively.
- Advertisers know who does the buying in the family: Male game-watchers are more likely to be purchasers of beer, liquor, cars, and insurance (quite the combination!). Women in front of the set are more likely to buy the wine, clothes, and stuff for the kids.
- Women who watch the game are shopping for more than products: They’re shopping for brands which embody “sustainability” (21% more likely), where men are moved more by “innovation” (17% more likely).
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than