Matomy Media Group Acquires MediaWhiz
TEL-AVIV and NEW YORK (January 7, 2013) — Matomy Media Group announces the acquisition of MediaWhiz, an award-winning, full-service integrated digital media agency. This acquisition follows Matomy’s 2011 investment in Adperio and is part of the company’s expansion strategy in the United States.
Investment bank Q Advisors managed the transaction.
With this acquisition Matomy becomes the most significant performance group operating globally. Hakan Lindskog (pictured), former CEO of Neverblue, has been named CEO of MediaWhiz.
Matomy is a global, performance-based company specializing in driving marketing results across a variety of media channels: affiliate marketing, display, mobile, search and virtual currency, serving 500 of the world’s leading advertisers across 7,000 publishers in 85 countries.
“After realizing the strong synergy in our operation, we decided this acquisition will serve our strategic vision of one, cross-media global performance platform,” said Ofer Druker, CEO of Matomy Media Group. “We are impressed by MediaWhiz’s strong presence with advertisers and agencies and its recognized positive reputation in the market place. I am confident that this acquisition will benefit both of our customer bases with more audience reach, engaging media channels, cutting-edge tracking technologies and, most importantly, effective results in their online advertising campaigns.”
MediaWhiz’s success in the online performance marketing and digital media space is well recognized. It ranks as the No. 2 cost-per-acquisition network by mThink/Revenue Performance magazine. The 2012 Advertising Age Agency Report ranked MediaWhiz as the No. 11 search marketing agency and the No. 21 digital-agency network in the U.S.
MediaWhiz combines expertise in all forms of online marketing (affiliate, search, social media, display, email, and data acquisition) with proprietary delivery and analytic technologies to drive greater effectiveness and efficiency for a broad range of leading advertisers.
“MediaWhiz has a fantastic client and publisher base,” said Lindskog. “Now with access to Matomy’s international reach in display advertising, mobile marketing and search traffic, we will work hard to continue to deliver industry-leading ROI and service to our clients and partners.”
Commenting on the acquisition, Tom Lanzetta, chief operating and financial officer of MediaWhiz, said: “Matomy brings strong media buying alongside a global presence and experience as a performance company. We are confident that we will be able to leverage that to offer a stronger value proposition to our existing customer base.”
MediaWhiz is a leading integrated digital media agency that helps brands engage, acquire and retain customers more profitably through the combination of performance marketing capabilities, proprietary technology and digital-media expertise. Practice areas include: affiliate marketing, search, social media, display advertising, email and data acquisition.
About Matomy Media Group
Matomy Media Group challenges the marketing functional silos status quo and enables advertisers and agencies to manage and optimize performance-based campaign driven by user engagement opportunities. Working globally across web, social media and mobile platforms, the Matomy Media Group offers brand and direct response advertisers as well as agencies a range of opportunities including a performance-based affiliate management platform and network, display and video advertising, search marketing, reward advertising and mobile advertising.
In 2010, Matomy received investment from Viola Private Equity. Viola Private Equity is an affiliate of the Viola Group, a leading innovative private equity investment group with more than US$2 billion under management in Israel.
Great News, congrats to all founders!
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]