Matomy Media Group Acquires MediaWhiz
TEL-AVIV and NEW YORK (January 7, 2013) — Matomy Media Group announces the acquisition of MediaWhiz, an award-winning, full-service integrated digital media agency. This acquisition follows Matomy’s 2011 investment in Adperio and is part of the company’s expansion strategy in the United States.
Investment bank Q Advisors managed the transaction.
With this acquisition Matomy becomes the most significant performance group operating globally. Hakan Lindskog (pictured), former CEO of Neverblue, has been named CEO of MediaWhiz.
Matomy is a global, performance-based company specializing in driving marketing results across a variety of media channels: affiliate marketing, display, mobile, search and virtual currency, serving 500 of the world’s leading advertisers across 7,000 publishers in 85 countries.
“After realizing the strong synergy in our operation, we decided this acquisition will serve our strategic vision of one, cross-media global performance platform,” said Ofer Druker, CEO of Matomy Media Group. “We are impressed by MediaWhiz’s strong presence with advertisers and agencies and its recognized positive reputation in the market place. I am confident that this acquisition will benefit both of our customer bases with more audience reach, engaging media channels, cutting-edge tracking technologies and, most importantly, effective results in their online advertising campaigns.”
MediaWhiz’s success in the online performance marketing and digital media space is well recognized. It ranks as the No. 2 cost-per-acquisition network by mThink/Revenue Performance magazine. The 2012 Advertising Age Agency Report ranked MediaWhiz as the No. 11 search marketing agency and the No. 21 digital-agency network in the U.S.
MediaWhiz combines expertise in all forms of online marketing (affiliate, search, social media, display, email, and data acquisition) with proprietary delivery and analytic technologies to drive greater effectiveness and efficiency for a broad range of leading advertisers.
“MediaWhiz has a fantastic client and publisher base,” said Lindskog. “Now with access to Matomy’s international reach in display advertising, mobile marketing and search traffic, we will work hard to continue to deliver industry-leading ROI and service to our clients and partners.”
Commenting on the acquisition, Tom Lanzetta, chief operating and financial officer of MediaWhiz, said: “Matomy brings strong media buying alongside a global presence and experience as a performance company. We are confident that we will be able to leverage that to offer a stronger value proposition to our existing customer base.”
MediaWhiz is a leading integrated digital media agency that helps brands engage, acquire and retain customers more profitably through the combination of performance marketing capabilities, proprietary technology and digital-media expertise. Practice areas include: affiliate marketing, search, social media, display advertising, email and data acquisition.
About Matomy Media Group
Matomy Media Group challenges the marketing functional silos status quo and enables advertisers and agencies to manage and optimize performance-based campaign driven by user engagement opportunities. Working globally across web, social media and mobile platforms, the Matomy Media Group offers brand and direct response advertisers as well as agencies a range of opportunities including a performance-based affiliate management platform and network, display and video advertising, search marketing, reward advertising and mobile advertising.
In 2010, Matomy received investment from Viola Private Equity. Viola Private Equity is an affiliate of the Viola Group, a leading innovative private equity investment group with more than US$2 billion under management in Israel.
Great News, congrats to all founders!
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed