King.com’s Candy Crush Saga Crowned Facebook’s Top Game
SAN FRANCISCO AND LONDON (January 17, 2013) – King.com, the leading casual social games company, is delighted to announce that the launch of its most popular games on mobile has accelerated its dramatic growth. King.com has moved to the top of the charts with its hit Candy Crush Saga taking the title of the most popular game on Facebook and attracting more than 9.7 million daily players (AppData). The game is listed in the top five grossing iPhone and iPad apps in 10 of the top markets as measured by AppAnnie. King.com is also announcing that it has generated over 5 billion monthly game plays across all platforms.
Additionally, King.com now has three games among Facebook’s top 10 game apps (AppData). Pet Rescue Saga (with 3.2M daily players) has just joined Candy Crush Saga and Bubble Witch Saga (3.6M daily players) near the top of the leaderboard. Bubble Witch Saga, launched in September 2011, has been a resident of the top 10 through 2012, demonstrating the enduring popularity of the casual social category. Since Bubble Witch Saga was released on mobile in July 2012, the number of daily active players on the King.com network has grown from 10 million to more than 19 million.
“The transition to moving our popular games to mobile and making the playability both seamless and synchronized across multiple platforms has generated immediate interest from casual games players. We’ve seen tremendous growth across both social and mobile games charts,” said Riccardo Zacconi, co-founder and CEO of King.com. “Learning that Candy Crush Saga has become the most popular game on Facebook is a great start for 2013. We are looking forward to launching more of our Saga titles onto mobile next year.”
“In less than 18 months King.com has become the second largest game developer on the Facebook Platform with 70 million monthly active users. They also built what is the most popular game on Facebook right now: Candy Crush Saga, a game played by almost 10 million people every day, on Facebook.com and on mobile. Only a few technology companies in the world have reached so many people so quickly,” said Julien Codorniou, head of European gaming partnerships at Facebook. “With further game launches in the pipeline and continued expansion of the company, King.com has become the poster child for the fast-growing European gaming industry.”
Launched in April 2012, Candy Crush Saga continues to attract millions of new players thanks to its popularity on smartphones and tablets. Currently, the game is played over 55 million times a day across both Android and iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices) mobile platforms. Candy Crush Saga is a “match 3″ game in which players move sweets in order to make a line of three or more of the same color. The popularity of the game on Facebook has translated well into the mobile environment because the game offers deep synchronization across different platforms, allowing players to progress from level to level on the device of their choice. At launch on iOS, Candy Crush Saga became a top free to play game download from the iTunes App Store across mainstream markets.
King.com is a worldwide leader in casual social games with a total audience of over 50 million and more than 5 billion games played per month globally. King.com offers over 150 exclusive games in 12 languages through its premier destination, King.com (www.king.com), mobile devices (iOS and Android), Google+, and Facebook, where it is a top 10 Facebook developer. The company is the exclusive provider of online games for leading global portals, websites and media companies. King.com has offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Bucharest, Hamburg, Malta, Malmo and San Francisco. For more information, visit http://about.king.com.
© 2012 King.com Inc. All rights reserved. Candy Crush Saga is a trademark of King.com Ltd., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc. All other designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than