Ex-Maxifier Exec Jonathon Shaevitz Named CEO at Legolas Media
NEW YORK (January 15, 2013) — Legolas Media, a leading provider of programmatic guaranteed inventory, has named ad tech entrepreneur Jonathon Shaevitz (pictured) as its new CEO. Legolas’ Intelligent Media Buying service is used by ad agencies and advertisers to achieve reach objectives without sacrificing quality, price or control.
Shaevitz joins Legolas from fellow ad tech startup Maxifier where, as CEO over the past two years, he oversaw major revenue growth, the recruitment of a leading team of industry experts, and major fund-raising activities. He secured partnerships with major ad agency holding companies WPP and Dentsu, along with positioning Maxifier as the dominant provider of campaign optimization.
“Jonathon’s deep understanding of the ad tech sector and his success at leading growing companies in the field were key factors in our board’s decision to appoint him CEO,” said Kiran Hebbar, venture partner at Valhalla Partners, who lead the recent investment round in Legolas.
“Jonathon stood out from all the other candidates in our extensive CEO search,” added investor and board member Joe Doran, successful advertising technology industry veteran and CEO of Rallyverse. “Jonathon combines analytical discipline, practical experience, innovation, and fiscal responsibility to help define ideal strategies and solutions that drive business through rapid, profitable, growth.”
“The founders of Legolas built a fantastic technology that addresses a great need in the market — making premium upfront digital advertising more transparent, effective, affordable, scalable, and easy,” explained Shaevitz. “Now with added full-funnel technology and the market shifting in the right direction, I can think of no better place to be at this time.”
Prior to joining Maxifier in 2010, Shaevitz spent eight years as managing director at consulting firm Capital Strategies, where he focused exclusively on ad tech companies.
Shaevitz holds an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a BS from the University of Michigan. His philanthropic activities include current chairmanship of Hillel at Hunter College in New York City.
About Legolas Media
Founded in 2009, Legolas Media’s Intelligent Media Buying platform pioneered the programmatic premium category in online advertising. Through partnerships with more than 40 premium publishers, 12 data vendors, 5 research companies and a host of technology partners, Legolas delivers a one-stop shop for intelligent media buying of display, video and mobile ads that can target 180,000,000 unique users in the U.S. alone. The Intelligent Media Buying platform directly connects agencies with premium publishers, provides bi-directional transparency, brand safety, and price efficiencies with outstanding results. Legolas offers full service media buying or a self-service platform. To date, Legolas has delivered billions of high quality impressions to over 150 million unique users for the world’s largest digital advertisers.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Lotame today announced [...] more »
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success March 12th 2014
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV