Ex-Maxifier Exec Jonathon Shaevitz Named CEO at Legolas Media
NEW YORK (January 15, 2013) — Legolas Media, a leading provider of programmatic guaranteed inventory, has named ad tech entrepreneur Jonathon Shaevitz (pictured) as its new CEO. Legolas’ Intelligent Media Buying service is used by ad agencies and advertisers to achieve reach objectives without sacrificing quality, price or control.
Shaevitz joins Legolas from fellow ad tech startup Maxifier where, as CEO over the past two years, he oversaw major revenue growth, the recruitment of a leading team of industry experts, and major fund-raising activities. He secured partnerships with major ad agency holding companies WPP and Dentsu, along with positioning Maxifier as the dominant provider of campaign optimization.
“Jonathon’s deep understanding of the ad tech sector and his success at leading growing companies in the field were key factors in our board’s decision to appoint him CEO,” said Kiran Hebbar, venture partner at Valhalla Partners, who lead the recent investment round in Legolas.
“Jonathon stood out from all the other candidates in our extensive CEO search,” added investor and board member Joe Doran, successful advertising technology industry veteran and CEO of Rallyverse. “Jonathon combines analytical discipline, practical experience, innovation, and fiscal responsibility to help define ideal strategies and solutions that drive business through rapid, profitable, growth.”
“The founders of Legolas built a fantastic technology that addresses a great need in the market — making premium upfront digital advertising more transparent, effective, affordable, scalable, and easy,” explained Shaevitz. “Now with added full-funnel technology and the market shifting in the right direction, I can think of no better place to be at this time.”
Prior to joining Maxifier in 2010, Shaevitz spent eight years as managing director at consulting firm Capital Strategies, where he focused exclusively on ad tech companies.
Shaevitz holds an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a BS from the University of Michigan. His philanthropic activities include current chairmanship of Hillel at Hunter College in New York City.
About Legolas Media
Founded in 2009, Legolas Media’s Intelligent Media Buying platform pioneered the programmatic premium category in online advertising. Through partnerships with more than 40 premium publishers, 12 data vendors, 5 research companies and a host of technology partners, Legolas delivers a one-stop shop for intelligent media buying of display, video and mobile ads that can target 180,000,000 unique users in the U.S. alone. The Intelligent Media Buying platform directly connects agencies with premium publishers, provides bi-directional transparency, brand safety, and price efficiencies with outstanding results. Legolas offers full service media buying or a self-service platform. To date, Legolas has delivered billions of high quality impressions to over 150 million unique users for the world’s largest digital advertisers.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran