Ex-Maxifier Exec Jonathon Shaevitz Named CEO at Legolas Media
NEW YORK (January 15, 2013) — Legolas Media, a leading provider of programmatic guaranteed inventory, has named ad tech entrepreneur Jonathon Shaevitz (pictured) as its new CEO. Legolas’ Intelligent Media Buying service is used by ad agencies and advertisers to achieve reach objectives without sacrificing quality, price or control.
Shaevitz joins Legolas from fellow ad tech startup Maxifier where, as CEO over the past two years, he oversaw major revenue growth, the recruitment of a leading team of industry experts, and major fund-raising activities. He secured partnerships with major ad agency holding companies WPP and Dentsu, along with positioning Maxifier as the dominant provider of campaign optimization.
“Jonathon’s deep understanding of the ad tech sector and his success at leading growing companies in the field were key factors in our board’s decision to appoint him CEO,” said Kiran Hebbar, venture partner at Valhalla Partners, who lead the recent investment round in Legolas.
“Jonathon stood out from all the other candidates in our extensive CEO search,” added investor and board member Joe Doran, successful advertising technology industry veteran and CEO of Rallyverse. “Jonathon combines analytical discipline, practical experience, innovation, and fiscal responsibility to help define ideal strategies and solutions that drive business through rapid, profitable, growth.”
“The founders of Legolas built a fantastic technology that addresses a great need in the market — making premium upfront digital advertising more transparent, effective, affordable, scalable, and easy,” explained Shaevitz. “Now with added full-funnel technology and the market shifting in the right direction, I can think of no better place to be at this time.”
Prior to joining Maxifier in 2010, Shaevitz spent eight years as managing director at consulting firm Capital Strategies, where he focused exclusively on ad tech companies.
Shaevitz holds an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a BS from the University of Michigan. His philanthropic activities include current chairmanship of Hillel at Hunter College in New York City.
About Legolas Media
Founded in 2009, Legolas Media’s Intelligent Media Buying platform pioneered the programmatic premium category in online advertising. Through partnerships with more than 40 premium publishers, 12 data vendors, 5 research companies and a host of technology partners, Legolas delivers a one-stop shop for intelligent media buying of display, video and mobile ads that can target 180,000,000 unique users in the U.S. alone. The Intelligent Media Buying platform directly connects agencies with premium publishers, provides bi-directional transparency, brand safety, and price efficiencies with outstanding results. Legolas offers full service media buying or a self-service platform. To date, Legolas has delivered billions of high quality impressions to over 150 million unique users for the world’s largest digital advertisers.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]