Ex-Maxifier Exec Jonathon Shaevitz Named CEO at Legolas Media
NEW YORK (January 15, 2013) — Legolas Media, a leading provider of programmatic guaranteed inventory, has named ad tech entrepreneur Jonathon Shaevitz (pictured) as its new CEO. Legolas’ Intelligent Media Buying service is used by ad agencies and advertisers to achieve reach objectives without sacrificing quality, price or control.
Shaevitz joins Legolas from fellow ad tech startup Maxifier where, as CEO over the past two years, he oversaw major revenue growth, the recruitment of a leading team of industry experts, and major fund-raising activities. He secured partnerships with major ad agency holding companies WPP and Dentsu, along with positioning Maxifier as the dominant provider of campaign optimization.
“Jonathon’s deep understanding of the ad tech sector and his success at leading growing companies in the field were key factors in our board’s decision to appoint him CEO,” said Kiran Hebbar, venture partner at Valhalla Partners, who lead the recent investment round in Legolas.
“Jonathon stood out from all the other candidates in our extensive CEO search,” added investor and board member Joe Doran, successful advertising technology industry veteran and CEO of Rallyverse. “Jonathon combines analytical discipline, practical experience, innovation, and fiscal responsibility to help define ideal strategies and solutions that drive business through rapid, profitable, growth.”
“The founders of Legolas built a fantastic technology that addresses a great need in the market — making premium upfront digital advertising more transparent, effective, affordable, scalable, and easy,” explained Shaevitz. “Now with added full-funnel technology and the market shifting in the right direction, I can think of no better place to be at this time.”
Prior to joining Maxifier in 2010, Shaevitz spent eight years as managing director at consulting firm Capital Strategies, where he focused exclusively on ad tech companies.
Shaevitz holds an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a BS from the University of Michigan. His philanthropic activities include current chairmanship of Hillel at Hunter College in New York City.
About Legolas Media
Founded in 2009, Legolas Media’s Intelligent Media Buying platform pioneered the programmatic premium category in online advertising. Through partnerships with more than 40 premium publishers, 12 data vendors, 5 research companies and a host of technology partners, Legolas delivers a one-stop shop for intelligent media buying of display, video and mobile ads that can target 180,000,000 unique users in the U.S. alone. The Intelligent Media Buying platform directly connects agencies with premium publishers, provides bi-directional transparency, brand safety, and price efficiencies with outstanding results. Legolas offers full service media buying or a self-service platform. To date, Legolas has delivered billions of high quality impressions to over 150 million unique users for the world’s largest digital advertisers.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – DeskSite has just launched a digital video entertainment [...] more »
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Let’s Stop Debating Whether or Not Super Bowl Ads are Worth It December 13th 2013
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial