Digitas Appoints Dee Mustafa-Bowne as VP/Group Creative Director
ATLANTA (January 3, 2013) — Digitas, a digitally led integrated brand agency, announced today the appointment of Dee Mustafa-Bowne (pictured) as VP/Group Creative Director in Atlanta. Mustafa-Bowne will lead the office’s creative teams on Equifax and Delta, as well as the creative for new business opportunities in Atlanta. She will report to Marc Garbarini, SVP/Executive Creative Director for Digitas Atlanta.
Mustafa-Bowne joins Digitas with more than 20 years of experience in digital and traditional media. Most recently she served as Creative Director for interactive agency Engauge, where she led award-winning cross-channel creative campaigns with Coca-Cola, growing the business from one brand to seven in just three years — including the national launch of a new Coca-Cola product, DASANI Drops. During her time at Engauge Mustafa-Bowne also worked with a number of other prominent national and multinational brands such as Cisco, Hershey’s, Cartoon Network, Walgreens, and Turner.
In addition to Engauge, Mustafa-Bowne has also held senior positions at agencies such as IQ Interactive and ixl, and founded boutique consultancies Side Show and Blender Studio. Over the last two decades, she’s worked with an extensive roster of renowned clients, including Dunkin’ Donuts, CVS, Comcast, The Ritz Carlton, Home Depot, Nickelodeon, PGA, ESPN, and TAJ Hotels, Resorts & Palaces. Mustafa-Bowne was also notably part of the team that launched WebMD in the late 90’s.
New Talent, New Awards for Digitas
Mustafa-Bowne’s hire comes on the heels of a creative-award winning streak for the agency. In 2012, Digitas won more than 80 creative awards across North America, including nine Cannes Lions, 10 Effies, four CLIOs, and World’s Best Idea at the New York Festivals. Digitas was also named OMMA Magazine’s Agency’s of the Year: Gold, iMedia Connection’s “Best Agency for Video”, and the only agency on Streaming Media Magazine’s “100 Companies That Matter Most in Online Video.”
The past year also saw a strong investment in top creative talent for the agency. In North America, Digitas now has over 600 creative positions, including leaders in Experience Design, Account Planning, Core Creative, and more. In 2012, the agency brought on leading creative visionaries such as Matthew Jacobson, VP /Design Lead for Digitas Chicago and San Francisco (formerly of Jack White’s Third Man Records); Doug Speidel, SVP, Creative (one of Business Insider’s“37 Creatives Lusted After By Rival Agencies.”), and Lesley Bielby, EVP of Account Planning (a rapid growing part of the Creative department).
Digitas, a digitally-led, integrated global brand agency, builds brands for some of the foremost companies in the world. In 2012 Digitas was named OMMA Magazine’s Agency of the Year and The Drum’s London Integrated Agency of the Year. Digitas was also the winner of nine Cannes Lions in 2012, The agency also counts Agency of the Year honors from the Festival of Media, BtoB Magazine, and Les Agences de l’Année, France, and has been named to the Advertising Age Digital A-List among its many awards.
Digitas also operates the brand content platform, The Third Act:, producers of first and most well renowned event on digital content, The NewFront and Prodigious Worldwide, the world’s only standalone, global digital productions company.
With sister agencies Starcom MediaVest, ZenithOptimedia, Denuo and Razorfish, Digitas is a member of Publicis Groupe’s VivaKi — a global digital knowledge and resource center that leverages the combined scale of the autonomous operations of its members to develop new services, new tools, and new partnerships.
Publicis Groupe [listed on the Euronext Paris Exchange - FR0000130577 - and part of the CAC 40 index] is the world’s third largest communications group. With activities spanning 104 countries on five continents, Publicis Groupe offers local and international clients a complete range of advertising services. Web site: www.publicisgroupe.com
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]