Digitas Appoints Dee Mustafa-Bowne as VP/Group Creative Director
ATLANTA (January 3, 2013) — Digitas, a digitally led integrated brand agency, announced today the appointment of Dee Mustafa-Bowne (pictured) as VP/Group Creative Director in Atlanta. Mustafa-Bowne will lead the office’s creative teams on Equifax and Delta, as well as the creative for new business opportunities in Atlanta. She will report to Marc Garbarini, SVP/Executive Creative Director for Digitas Atlanta.
Mustafa-Bowne joins Digitas with more than 20 years of experience in digital and traditional media. Most recently she served as Creative Director for interactive agency Engauge, where she led award-winning cross-channel creative campaigns with Coca-Cola, growing the business from one brand to seven in just three years — including the national launch of a new Coca-Cola product, DASANI Drops. During her time at Engauge Mustafa-Bowne also worked with a number of other prominent national and multinational brands such as Cisco, Hershey’s, Cartoon Network, Walgreens, and Turner.
In addition to Engauge, Mustafa-Bowne has also held senior positions at agencies such as IQ Interactive and ixl, and founded boutique consultancies Side Show and Blender Studio. Over the last two decades, she’s worked with an extensive roster of renowned clients, including Dunkin’ Donuts, CVS, Comcast, The Ritz Carlton, Home Depot, Nickelodeon, PGA, ESPN, and TAJ Hotels, Resorts & Palaces. Mustafa-Bowne was also notably part of the team that launched WebMD in the late 90’s.
New Talent, New Awards for Digitas
Mustafa-Bowne’s hire comes on the heels of a creative-award winning streak for the agency. In 2012, Digitas won more than 80 creative awards across North America, including nine Cannes Lions, 10 Effies, four CLIOs, and World’s Best Idea at the New York Festivals. Digitas was also named OMMA Magazine’s Agency’s of the Year: Gold, iMedia Connection’s “Best Agency for Video”, and the only agency on Streaming Media Magazine’s “100 Companies That Matter Most in Online Video.”
The past year also saw a strong investment in top creative talent for the agency. In North America, Digitas now has over 600 creative positions, including leaders in Experience Design, Account Planning, Core Creative, and more. In 2012, the agency brought on leading creative visionaries such as Matthew Jacobson, VP /Design Lead for Digitas Chicago and San Francisco (formerly of Jack White’s Third Man Records); Doug Speidel, SVP, Creative (one of Business Insider’s“37 Creatives Lusted After By Rival Agencies.”), and Lesley Bielby, EVP of Account Planning (a rapid growing part of the Creative department).
Digitas, a digitally-led, integrated global brand agency, builds brands for some of the foremost companies in the world. In 2012 Digitas was named OMMA Magazine’s Agency of the Year and The Drum’s London Integrated Agency of the Year. Digitas was also the winner of nine Cannes Lions in 2012, The agency also counts Agency of the Year honors from the Festival of Media, BtoB Magazine, and Les Agences de l’Année, France, and has been named to the Advertising Age Digital A-List among its many awards.
Digitas also operates the brand content platform, The Third Act:, producers of first and most well renowned event on digital content, The NewFront and Prodigious Worldwide, the world’s only standalone, global digital productions company.
With sister agencies Starcom MediaVest, ZenithOptimedia, Denuo and Razorfish, Digitas is a member of Publicis Groupe’s VivaKi — a global digital knowledge and resource center that leverages the combined scale of the autonomous operations of its members to develop new services, new tools, and new partnerships.
Publicis Groupe [listed on the Euronext Paris Exchange - FR0000130577 - and part of the CAC 40 index] is the world’s third largest communications group. With activities spanning 104 countries on five continents, Publicis Groupe offers local and international clients a complete range of advertising services. Web site: www.publicisgroupe.com
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success
- Nikki’s Picks to Click: Facebook Ad Milestone, Twitter Spot Ads, Big Data Problems
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns
- Infographic: Martini Media and comScore Release Affluent Spending Data
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success June 19th 2013 ADOTAS – Have social media platforms pinterested you in how [...] more »
- Nikki’s Picks to Click: Facebook Ad Milestone, Twitter Spot Ads, Big Data Problems June 19th 2013 ADOTAS EDITOR’S NOTE: Editorial Intern Nikki Frammartino routinely scours online media for [...] more »
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns June 19th 2013 ADOTAS – Advertising legend David Ogilvy once said, “If it [...] more »
- Infographic: Martini Media and comScore Release Affluent Spending Data June 19th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO AND NEW YORK, June 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) — [...] more »
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts June 19th 2013 ADOTAS — Did you forget that your friend’s birthday is [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar June 19th 2013 ADOTAS -– Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013 ADOTAS – As you may have noticed, mobile real-time bidding [...] more »
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success June 19th 2013
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns June 19th 2013
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts June 19th 2013
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013
- Vice President, Business Development
- SEO / SEM Marketing Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- SEO / SEM Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Mediasmith - » Mediasmith -: [...] Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server For Mobile/Tablet Advertising NEW YORK, June
- ReputationArmor.net - Online Reputation Management, Mobile Marketing, Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Social Engagement, and SMS Marketing Campaigns that work !!!: [...] Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR CodesADOTAS, on Mon, 17 Jun
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | - Suaju Lean Management: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | Social Commerce Tomorrow - Media Marketing: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]