Digitas Appoints Dee Mustafa-Bowne as VP/Group Creative Director
ATLANTA (January 3, 2013) — Digitas, a digitally led integrated brand agency, announced today the appointment of Dee Mustafa-Bowne (pictured) as VP/Group Creative Director in Atlanta. Mustafa-Bowne will lead the office’s creative teams on Equifax and Delta, as well as the creative for new business opportunities in Atlanta. She will report to Marc Garbarini, SVP/Executive Creative Director for Digitas Atlanta.
Mustafa-Bowne joins Digitas with more than 20 years of experience in digital and traditional media. Most recently she served as Creative Director for interactive agency Engauge, where she led award-winning cross-channel creative campaigns with Coca-Cola, growing the business from one brand to seven in just three years — including the national launch of a new Coca-Cola product, DASANI Drops. During her time at Engauge Mustafa-Bowne also worked with a number of other prominent national and multinational brands such as Cisco, Hershey’s, Cartoon Network, Walgreens, and Turner.
In addition to Engauge, Mustafa-Bowne has also held senior positions at agencies such as IQ Interactive and ixl, and founded boutique consultancies Side Show and Blender Studio. Over the last two decades, she’s worked with an extensive roster of renowned clients, including Dunkin’ Donuts, CVS, Comcast, The Ritz Carlton, Home Depot, Nickelodeon, PGA, ESPN, and TAJ Hotels, Resorts & Palaces. Mustafa-Bowne was also notably part of the team that launched WebMD in the late 90’s.
New Talent, New Awards for Digitas
Mustafa-Bowne’s hire comes on the heels of a creative-award winning streak for the agency. In 2012, Digitas won more than 80 creative awards across North America, including nine Cannes Lions, 10 Effies, four CLIOs, and World’s Best Idea at the New York Festivals. Digitas was also named OMMA Magazine’s Agency’s of the Year: Gold, iMedia Connection’s “Best Agency for Video”, and the only agency on Streaming Media Magazine’s “100 Companies That Matter Most in Online Video.”
The past year also saw a strong investment in top creative talent for the agency. In North America, Digitas now has over 600 creative positions, including leaders in Experience Design, Account Planning, Core Creative, and more. In 2012, the agency brought on leading creative visionaries such as Matthew Jacobson, VP /Design Lead for Digitas Chicago and San Francisco (formerly of Jack White’s Third Man Records); Doug Speidel, SVP, Creative (one of Business Insider’s“37 Creatives Lusted After By Rival Agencies.”), and Lesley Bielby, EVP of Account Planning (a rapid growing part of the Creative department).
Digitas, a digitally-led, integrated global brand agency, builds brands for some of the foremost companies in the world. In 2012 Digitas was named OMMA Magazine’s Agency of the Year and The Drum’s London Integrated Agency of the Year. Digitas was also the winner of nine Cannes Lions in 2012, The agency also counts Agency of the Year honors from the Festival of Media, BtoB Magazine, and Les Agences de l’Année, France, and has been named to the Advertising Age Digital A-List among its many awards.
Digitas also operates the brand content platform, The Third Act:, producers of first and most well renowned event on digital content, The NewFront and Prodigious Worldwide, the world’s only standalone, global digital productions company.
With sister agencies Starcom MediaVest, ZenithOptimedia, Denuo and Razorfish, Digitas is a member of Publicis Groupe’s VivaKi — a global digital knowledge and resource center that leverages the combined scale of the autonomous operations of its members to develop new services, new tools, and new partnerships.
Publicis Groupe [listed on the Euronext Paris Exchange - FR0000130577 - and part of the CAC 40 index] is the world’s third largest communications group. With activities spanning 104 countries on five continents, Publicis Groupe offers local and international clients a complete range of advertising services. Web site: www.publicisgroupe.com
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than