Connecting With Customers While Managing Branded Content and Channels
Twitter. Pinterest. Facebook. LinkedIn. These popular social media platforms are contributing to a new marketing approach that is focused more on digital and interactive, while becoming less traditional and less focused on single-channel marketing. Marketers can no longer rely on implementing a campaign only in traditional media channels such as print, TV and radio ads; those channels don’t provide enough targeted reach to a brand’s customer base. As marketers look to expand their campaign outreach, they need to find new ways to successfully manage digital content through these interactive social platforms.
According to a study by Marketing Pilgrim, social media accounts for only 16 percent of customer engagement today, but is expected to increase to 57 percent within five years. In conjunction with this growing medium, brands are looking to develop more visual content to engage with target audiences across social channels. It’s crucial for brands to understand how to successfully manage all the various pieces of digital content and below are some examples of how these challenges can be met.
Globalization of the Brand
One challenge for marketers is the adaptation to the global market. With globalization, marketers need to deliver custom content to customers on a local distribution, as well as a global distribution. For example, a global brand with offices in London, Tokyo and Munich will need to allocate different marketing collateral targeted to each customer market while still maintaining an overarching cohesive brand.
Throughout this process, brands are generating enormous amounts of visual content, such as images, advertisements and videos. These pieces of content are then being modified, distributed and reused in many locations across an organization. To ensure a successful distribution, brands must properly manage and track the workflow of the assets being created. A great way to do so would be implementing an efficient metadata tagging system. In return, this will save the company millions of dollars in rights management lawsuits, redundant work and will help avoid weak brand reputation.
Social Media Interactions
Social media has provided a fresh way for customers to engage with brands 24/7. Customers have more power to dictate the way they want to be communicated with and as a result, the interactions between marketers and customers have become more dynamic. As customers interact by “liking” Facebook pages, “following” Twitter handles and “pinning” on Pinterest, brand content is being shared like never before. Marketers must maximize each interaction and provide customers with the best and most up-to-date content across all channels, in real-time.
Strengthen Your Relationship with Communication
Communication is crucial in any successful relationship between the marketer and the customer. Whether a brand is going through a massive rebrand, or switching up its logo, it’s important to communicate the change effectively to the customers. Not only will this strengthen the relationship, but it will also update the customers to new marketing content and avert distribution of outdated collateral. After identifying your customer’s preferred way of communication, use that channel to alert them to any major developments with the brand. That way, they are aware and ready to comply with the changes.
It’s also important to consider implementing a rich content management solution. Content management products provide brand stewards with the ability to move visual content, like video, through a creative process workflow. They can then efficiently store, manage and use finalized content throughout the organization. Marketers can subsequently respond to changing demands and avoid duplicating efforts by quickly locating digital assets in a centralized repository. Imagine the time and money that’s saved when a marketer does not have to recreate a graphic for use on a Facebook page, but can quickly pull up the stored graphic they used on the website, knowing it’s the latest version and they have the right to use it. It’s crucial for these customer-facing employees to know where to find the digital assets and have timely and fresh content at their fingertips to respond to the real-time demands of customers.
With all things considered, the key for marketers is threefold: deliver the right message, through the right channel, to the right audience. As the dynamics of these interactions change and become more visual, it remains critical to target multiple channels simultaneously. Once this is achieved, brands can meet business needs while improving their opportunities for meaningful engagement with customers.
Bravo! Having a repository for creative content, coupled with a spreadsheet (or similar) of where that content has been used most recently, has been a big help for me. And of course, that aligns closely with our overall editorial calendar.
It is key today to have a repository of data and content to streamline workflow and keep it fresh and relevant. Adding tracking tools or tracking features allows for future identity of content for a sustainable system.
Leave a Comment
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]