Connecting With Customers While Managing Branded Content and Channels
Twitter. Pinterest. Facebook. LinkedIn. These popular social media platforms are contributing to a new marketing approach that is focused more on digital and interactive, while becoming less traditional and less focused on single-channel marketing. Marketers can no longer rely on implementing a campaign only in traditional media channels such as print, TV and radio ads; those channels don’t provide enough targeted reach to a brand’s customer base. As marketers look to expand their campaign outreach, they need to find new ways to successfully manage digital content through these interactive social platforms.
According to a study by Marketing Pilgrim, social media accounts for only 16 percent of customer engagement today, but is expected to increase to 57 percent within five years. In conjunction with this growing medium, brands are looking to develop more visual content to engage with target audiences across social channels. It’s crucial for brands to understand how to successfully manage all the various pieces of digital content and below are some examples of how these challenges can be met.
Globalization of the Brand
One challenge for marketers is the adaptation to the global market. With globalization, marketers need to deliver custom content to customers on a local distribution, as well as a global distribution. For example, a global brand with offices in London, Tokyo and Munich will need to allocate different marketing collateral targeted to each customer market while still maintaining an overarching cohesive brand.
Throughout this process, brands are generating enormous amounts of visual content, such as images, advertisements and videos. These pieces of content are then being modified, distributed and reused in many locations across an organization. To ensure a successful distribution, brands must properly manage and track the workflow of the assets being created. A great way to do so would be implementing an efficient metadata tagging system. In return, this will save the company millions of dollars in rights management lawsuits, redundant work and will help avoid weak brand reputation.
Social Media Interactions
Social media has provided a fresh way for customers to engage with brands 24/7. Customers have more power to dictate the way they want to be communicated with and as a result, the interactions between marketers and customers have become more dynamic. As customers interact by “liking” Facebook pages, “following” Twitter handles and “pinning” on Pinterest, brand content is being shared like never before. Marketers must maximize each interaction and provide customers with the best and most up-to-date content across all channels, in real-time.
Strengthen Your Relationship with Communication
Communication is crucial in any successful relationship between the marketer and the customer. Whether a brand is going through a massive rebrand, or switching up its logo, it’s important to communicate the change effectively to the customers. Not only will this strengthen the relationship, but it will also update the customers to new marketing content and avert distribution of outdated collateral. After identifying your customer’s preferred way of communication, use that channel to alert them to any major developments with the brand. That way, they are aware and ready to comply with the changes.
It’s also important to consider implementing a rich content management solution. Content management products provide brand stewards with the ability to move visual content, like video, through a creative process workflow. They can then efficiently store, manage and use finalized content throughout the organization. Marketers can subsequently respond to changing demands and avoid duplicating efforts by quickly locating digital assets in a centralized repository. Imagine the time and money that’s saved when a marketer does not have to recreate a graphic for use on a Facebook page, but can quickly pull up the stored graphic they used on the website, knowing it’s the latest version and they have the right to use it. It’s crucial for these customer-facing employees to know where to find the digital assets and have timely and fresh content at their fingertips to respond to the real-time demands of customers.
With all things considered, the key for marketers is threefold: deliver the right message, through the right channel, to the right audience. As the dynamics of these interactions change and become more visual, it remains critical to target multiple channels simultaneously. Once this is achieved, brands can meet business needs while improving their opportunities for meaningful engagement with customers.
Bravo! Having a repository for creative content, coupled with a spreadsheet (or similar) of where that content has been used most recently, has been a big help for me. And of course, that aligns closely with our overall editorial calendar.
It is key today to have a repository of data and content to streamline workflow and keep it fresh and relevant. Adding tracking tools or tracking features allows for future identity of content for a sustainable system.
Leave a Comment
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market?
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us
- Take the Time to Do Native Right
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Might Have Been Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- RealityMine Acquires USA TouchPoints December 5th 2013 MANCHESTER, U.K., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) — RealityMine, a leading [...] more »
- Sprint and DigitasLBi Develop First-of-its-Kind Gesture-Based Retail Experience December 5th 2013 CHICAGO, December 05, 2013 (ADOTAS) — DigitasLBi, a global marketing [...] more »
- The Exchange Lab Secures $8 Million in Growth Capital Funding From BGF December 5th 2013 LONDON, NEW YORK & TORONTO, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The [...] more »
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig